IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere

Man you guys are lucky you live in places where you can play in Jan/Feb

Frickin' DITTO on that!!  Nebraska here.  You??

l Driver l Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver 9.5*
l Hybrid l Ping G-15 Hybrid Iron 17.5*
l Irons l Callaway X Tour 4-PW
l Wedges l Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG+ 54* & 60* - Odyssey Marxman Chipper 37*
l Putter l Odyssey White Hot Tour #9 l Balls l Srixon AD333

Shot 49 for 9 today.  Coupled with my 44 from last week, got my index down to 27.0.  Last week was split between pars and doubles, today was mostly bogeys with a couple doubles and a couple triples (argh).  Ballstriking was poor, lots of tops and thinned irons, but managed not to compound errors too badly.  Was grouped up with 3 other guys and we hit it off well, so it was a lot more fun than my solo round last time even if the golf wasn't quite as good.

Just gotta work on consistency, really.  I was keeping up reasonably well with the others, even though one was a 10 index, just had a couple throw-away strokes here and there.  When I do make contact, I'm hitting really well.  So I feel encouraged...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I live in an area that you would think I would get to play a lot this time of year, but this is one sucking winter. Sleeting right now with plenty of ice already on the ground. No golf all week. Might warm up enough by Monday.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Finally got out today, work has been so busy haven't had that much time for the range.  Weather has been hit and miss, felt good to play.

Pluses - 2 birdies, putted decent overall, chipped decent overall.

Minuses - iron play was weak, 4 balls in the water.

I've been working on some things with my swing and when I did it right, things felt good.  Need to still cement things at the range.

86 for 18 at Tri-Mountain.  4 holes were double or worse (a triple, yuck).

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Honsetly shot a 104 today. Yes, a 104 . Second worst round of golf to date. I hit 2 fairways and 1 green. 3 putted 5 times and didn't make contact in the center of the clubface on a single shot. Every thing was a knuckleball that came off the toe of the club, and skulled balls straight over the green on many chips. I just don't know how any of this happened, couldn't pinpoint any mechanical faults. I was just incapable of swinging a golf club today.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

fairly horrendous 87 on a par 72 today.  ironically enough, i can't recall a time in the past year when i had driven the ball so well - only missed one fairway all day.  by the same token, i can't recall my irons being so erratic and generally pitiful.  putting was off just enough that i was lipping out or just missing the hole by a whisker on a lot of them.  not a single birdie to be had... 7 pars, 9 bogeys, a double and a quadruple.  yuck.  i will be REALLY glad when it warms up and daylight savings turns over... this playing once a week crap is really inflating my handicap (i'm sure i'm more like a 10 by now instead of the 6.1 i was at the end of last season).

Well I shot 85 yesterday (a 15 stroke differential on this course).  You would think I'd be happy with that as it is movement toward the goal of a 14 index.  But I had an 8 ( two un-playables) and 7 (just stupid) on the card and both were avoidable if I had just "used my head" better.  I also had one penalty shot (lost ball) that resulted in a Double Bogie six which was certainly avoidable with some better concentration on my part.  But overall I played well and enjoyed the weather which as turned nice for a change. But somehow I have to figure out how to avoid these one or two "train wrecks" that seem to creep into my game, usually as a lack of focus on my part.

Butch

Yuck, 52 for 9.  Couldn't keep my drives in play, and hit a lot of poor shots.  Couple better-than-average ones thrown in, though.  Considering I had a couple of quads, I was rather pleasantly surprised the score wasn't any worse than that.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

shot an 84

I was 4 over through 14 - started thinking it could be my first time to break 80, choked up and went double, double, triple and  bogey to finish - tad gutted!

Tommy 'two gloves' Gainey like finish.

Gorgeous winter day, zero clouds, zero wind, 68 degrees.........Shot a 79 with just 1 birdie.  I missed 2 others inside 12 feet : (  Greens were very wet though as they had soaked them this morning.   Front nine 41 and back nine 38 (birdie on 18 to shoot under 80, hit a lob wedge to inside 5 feet, awesome shot!!!)

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

my first round this year didnt go to well.It was evident i have been to a course in awhile.Good thing it was only a practice round.now its getting decent around here i can play/practice like i want to.

76 on a par 70 today - first time i've been in the 70s in a month or longer.  that 76 could've easily been a 72 or better if i'd just sank a few putts - i don't know how many i left 6 inches from the hole on one side or the other.

bloody 94.  ugh, i don't know how i could go from a 76 yesterday to a 94 today on the same course under the same conditions.  i went around a second time today hoping for some improvement, and shot 88 on the second go-round.  spent about three hours afterwards practicing shots from 100 yards in + putting.

Shot a 49-44=93 at Lake Lanier Islands on a gusty day. I couldn't hit the fairway to save my life on the front nine, only to have the short game let me down once the long clubs started clicking. Had to interrupt a couple enjoying a romantic Valentine's Day moment on the 13th hole; I concede the lakefront provides a beautiful vista, but I wouldn't want such a scene to end with me topping an iron into the festivities.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

First round of 2011.  Shot an 83.  Front nine got off slow shooting a 45.  Being my first swings after a long time off it was to be expected.  I couldn't find the middle of the clubface and had the early shanks.  The only thing that saved me was my putting.  Back nine I got back to old form kinda, shooting a 38, 2 birdies (one of which almost a hole in one a foot away).  Iron play was much better.  The winds were howling and it was about 50 degrees.

Best shot of the day though went to my dad.  Par 4 forced layup because of a lake that is 250 out and surrounds the front of the green.  My dads second shot comes up shot and goes into to lake...but.... the lake is frozen solid.  So my dad just having fun says I will play that, and walks out ten feet out onto the ice with his wedge in hand.  Take a full swing from about 20 out and ice covering his face after contact and sticks it to about 6 inches.  I about lost it as I thought he was going to hole it from the ice.  He taps in for a crazy par as I make a traditional 2 putt par.