IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Finally broke the 90 barrier!

Previous best: 91

Shot today:      86

Been playing little over 3 months now and I've been working my way down from the 100+ mark to breaking 90..    and just now broke the 90 barrier as well!

I am excited about the score but even more excited with how I actually played.  My drives were more in the fairway than ever, my irons were playing well and my short game was OK.  I had 3 par 3's that I triple bogey'd and a par 4 that I double'd by 4 putting.  Knowing that I normally would par/bogey those holes leaves me feeling that I could have shotten 80 with a little more focus.  Things are definately going well fo rme!

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

85. Started out bogey (One of the easiest holes on the course), bogey(par 5), triple bogey(not a difficult hole at all), bogey though. So played the rest of the way pretty well.

Yesterday played world woods rolling oaks, first time. Par 72 72.3 / 129

shot 93... 43 front 50 back... lipped out at least 5 puts on the back and a couple on the front... still no excuse as I had no idea if i was going to block it right or hook it left... I need to work on my plane. still a beautiful course and a good day.

I played yesterday and today:

75.1cr 141slope

76-78

I hit the ball great and played well, but a couple disasters each round kept me from going low.   2 bad swings per round are killing me. That's golf......

My best stat from these past 2 days............3/4 sand saves!   I can dig it

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

43 (+8, 32.6/118). Blew up #2 but still shot well to get the 43. Driver is still finding its way in play, which is a pleasant occurrence. Today I just didn't hit enough greens and my scrambling isn't good enough to save par. Had a few really nice shots, including a 4h on the 177 yard par 3 9th which left my ball mark about 1 foot from the cup. Glad to have another outing "under par" with respect to my handicap.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

played the Eagles Haven course at the Little Creek Amphib Base in Norfolk Va. this morning. The course is in very good shape and provided quite a challenge with the steady breeze coming of the Chesapeake Bay. I shot 88. My partners all shot low 90"s. My lunch was on them.

Shot 72 at Bella Collina CC is Clermont, Fl. Parred the first 5 holes. 6th hole is a drivable par 4 (260y uphill) and I got to the green, made the eagle, then damn near aced the next hole - pic below shows how close I was. Went into 18 one over for round & ran in a 20-footer for bird. My hc dropped half a stroke, from 5.6 to 5.1.

• Upvote 2

Played this morning and hit the ball decently enough... But my putting was pretty lame from 3 to 8ft.  Would love to start putting together an entire 18 holes without a dang double.

• Administrator

74 at Downing. Lost interest the last few holes but was swinging well to that point. :) Course is a solid 7200 yards. Greens were lousy today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot a 95 at a new but hard course with lots of severe doglegs. I shot a 52 on the front nine and a 43 on the back nine.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Rained out yesterday.....today was cart path only with very spongy greens......at Pebble Creek in Tampa Had a horrible front - 50 Much better back 9 - 43 Net 76.......won $12 on dots....... Had a Barkey, Sandy, Par, net Birdie on #14

Rained out yesterday.....today was cart path only with very spongy greens......at Pebble Creek in Tampa Had a horrible front - 50 Much better back 9 - 43 Net 76.......won $12 on dots....... Had a Barkey, Sandy, Par, Poley, net Birdie on #14

75 this AM on a brand new course. And by new, I mean grand opening. I was in the 16th group to Tee off, and I had a blast. The greens were some kind of exotic grass (lapua or something like that) and slipery as ice, but they rolled absolutely perfectly. The fairways were perfect. The rough was truly penal, which is nice considering most courses feel hard rough turns the mediocre players away.  The bunkers were some kind of dark, heavy, pure sand. The water hazards were well played and never gimmicky.

The course played damn long (7106 yards), and rewarded good shotmaking, while serving rough treatment to people spraying their balls. The fairways on the par 5's were tight, making accuracy a premium. Hazards and nice doglegs make the par 4's full of risk and rewards shots.

The Par 3's were tough, there were 2 on the front, 2 on the back, but one of them was absolutely amazing. You were shooting over a ravine, that had straight cliffs on each side, as well as a second cliff about 30 feet behind the green. On that cliff is a waterfall, which pools behind the green, snakes around the left side and back to the front, which then falls down the ravine, emptying in the river below. From the tips, it was a 170 yard tee shot to the green, 140 to cross the ravine. I nailed my t shot to about 25' which was good considering I didnt know the green, so I went for the meat. Two putted for par. But WOW. By far the most beautiful hole of golf I have ever played. So nice, I played it twice (just that hole, the foursome behind us fell behind over a hole, so we had plenty of time), getting par my second time as well.

I was wondering though, I wonder how many people who afraid of heights would refuse to walk that rope bridge across? (You didnt need to play the hole to get to #14, as the tee's on 13 and 14 are back to back). 14 is 570 yard par 5. I had to lay up and get on in three, three putting for bogey. So strange, im not used to playing a par 5 and going for it in 3. I havent done it except off bad shots, in quite a while. Kind of broke my heart to admit to myself that I needed the 3rd.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

greens were in terrible condition.

Also I couldn't get my driver going until the 14th hole.  I easily added 10 or so shots due to poor driving and poor putting.

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6