IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

thanks. it was nice to shoot a decent round after the sunday round i had lol. i think it went 46-44. windy and i couldnt seem to hit my irons solid.

I had that issue this weekend too. It was blowing 40 mph and I had the two way miss going.... shot 45-46. Those are some tough conditions but I should be used them by now. I live right on the mountain front and it's always windy.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

WE CAN GET ALMOST ALL KINDS OF BRAND NAME SHOES, NOT ONLY THE PICTURES SHOW ON OUR WEBSITE:

Wrong forum category? Spam?

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Reading some previous posts.. my scores are laughable, but golf is all about improvement right?

I shot a 109 this passed weekend, on a course which i've only at best shot a 121 before. Breton Bay in Southern Maryland.

I putted really well comparatively, and only had one hole where my game completely dissolved. I really feel like i could have shot sub 100 if I could have gotten the right swing going for 100yard and less shots onto the green. I was leaving myself way short way too many times.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

Just keep at it and have fun...I'm the last person to tell you to get a lesson, because my swing is pretty much home spun, but it helps some folks starting out to learn the basics right out of the box.

As far as leaving it short, when I first started I couldn't hit a wedge, so I just would hit a bump and run shot (if the front of the green is clear) from 50 yds in...I had more luck with that than a conventional wedge shot.

However, I started playing courses with protected greens (i.e. water and sand), so I had to learn to hit a wedge. Good luck and keep at it...its a game that will provide endless hours of fun with friends and something you can play your whole life...

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I agree. It's all about having fun and making steady improvement if that's what your goal is. Let's face it, while some people on these boards like to think so, none of us are on the PGA tour so it's all about having fun.

Congrats on your personal best round and keep at it! Good luck.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator

I shot 44 on the front, 37 on the back. I finished the front with three straight double bogeys. The rest of the time, right up until the 15th fairway, I was struggling mightily. Finally I figured out why and played relatively easy golf from there on out to finish with four pars.

So, uhh, yeah. My first official round of the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lets just say that today I set a whole new level of embarrasement for myself. Thank god I was golfing alone. I stopped keeping score after the 3rd hole. I guarantee I put 30 balls into new owners hands today also. It's like I reverted back 6 months.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

I had a fantastic front nine today and went -2 for a 34. I ran into trouble on the back and managed a +8 44 for a total of 78. Overall an above average round for me but I'm still pretty disappointed. I think that's the third time I've had a 10 stroke difference between nines.

Fore!

Well the good news is I played the Black yesterday.The bad news is i played like a Mutt.I drove the ball real well but my mid irons and short game sucked.My bunker game was hideous and 8 hole in a row I found greenside bunkers!!!But I played a great course in under 4 hours so all in all it was fine.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

8 straight solid pars and ended up with an 80
Just seemed to loose it at the end.
Good news is the driver finally came back

In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

Well, the first round of the year is out of they way . Putted pretty well and holed out a sand wedge from 80 yards....for a seven on a par 5. Nonetheless, it was good to get out.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

• Administrator
Well, the first round of the year is out of they way

How did your swing hold up, Al? I mean, all things considered. What were your shots like?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot a 43 on 9 holes today with my father...he shot a 42 after hitting a hole in one on the par 3 5th hole (165 yards with a 3-wood ) to beat me by one stroke.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

22 over...need to work on my putting...42 putts

damn

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

43 front 57 back no driver, total melt down on the back... What a nasty game.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

• Administrator
Shot 78. 41/37. The back nine included a missed three-foot birdie putt (aerated greens, putt broke four inches, rolled four feet past the cup with just a touch... yeah we have a few greens with some devilish pins. I shouldn't have put my chip above the hole is all). Birdied nine after a solid drive and a great approach shot. Pinch cut an 8-iron into a little breeze from 115 yards and used a slope to feed the ball down to the hole.

Range wasn't open, so I couldn't warm up. I couldn't follow a good drive with a good approach on the front nine.

My first round in the 70s this year though (only took three rounds), so that's good.