IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

+15 (87)

The front nine really hurt me, well really just two holes. I tripled the 8th, and if that wasn't bad enough, quadrupled the 9th. I lost my ball on the 8th, which I can't figure out how that's possible. The ball was just buried in the rough apparently. The 9th hole was just a blow up...two water balls. Turned around and played the back well enough to save my score a little bit. Came in with only 14 putts on the back, 3 GIR, and 5/7 fairways hit. This is the worst score I've had in a week so my handicap should still go down...I hope!!!

+8 44

Started off real shaky, but settled down on the last few holes. Only 1 double bogey, but only 2 pars and no birdies. Still keeping it at bogey or better golf though, so I can't complain too much.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by rkim291968

89 on a local course (71/120 rating).   Only 1 GIR but needed only 25 putts - every chip seems to end within 5 feet.   If I didn't miss a couple of 4 footers, I'd only have 23 putts.   I had too many doubles (6) vs pars/birdies (5).  As an experiment to improve my 2nd shot, I've gripped down on every shot by an inch.  It was very promising as I more solid shots without losing distance, and my score didn't suffer.

91 on another local course (69.2, 120).   Hit only 1 or 14 FW (my worst PR) and 1 GIR.    Had a terrible putting day - only 31 but I missed many  < 10 ft range putts.   1 triple, 3 doubles and 4 pars.  My usual short game kept the final score close to my handicap.    Continue gripping down by 1 inch and it kept my approach shots near green.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

+8 for a 43 last night.

This is decent for me, as I couldn't break 100 six months ago.  This SHOULD have been a +5, but I got a wicked bounce on a fairway shot and my ball went out of bounds by crossing under a fence and rolling down a 25 ft. ravine... then I three putted.  No shoulda coulda's though, because I wouldn't be out of bounds if I'd have hit the right shot.  Still getting a feel for my new Burner Plus irons and this Odyssey White Ice 7 putter I just purchased.  If I'm chipping within 25 yards or under, I'm deadly, I get within 5 feet of the hole about 90% of the time.  Putting is a different story.  Long way to go, but I accept the score.

Played the front of the home course twice last night but I can't find my scorecard. I didn't tally it when I finished 9 either time but I think it was 42/44. It was late and I was playing speed golf just to mess around. I was killing the ball from the tee, don't think I missed a fairway, maybe one that rolled through into the first cut that was dried up so no price to pay. The front has a short par 5 just 480 yds. It's dog leg right and if you cut the corner over the hazard you can really get it out there. First time around I hit driver 6i, second time driver 7i. Both times I airmailed the green.

Dave :-)

41 with 19 putts...ouch.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• Administrator

71. Hit the ball pretty darn well. Would have been a 68 on a tougher but higher end course (goofy, inconsistent greens lead to all sorts of approach shots either checking up or bouncing high and long). Hit a few long bombs with the driver, very little curve on anything.

17 pars. One birdie on a par five.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

88 yesterday morning. My 9 on a par 3 was the highlight of the year...... Pffffft

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

thru 7 holes before getting rained out

-1 thru 7 holes, 26 strokes.

2 bogies, 1 birdie, 1 eagle, 3 pars. Drove the ball well, irons are coming along, putting is coming along. Had some good short game shots around the par 5's. Got up and down for birdie, and chipped in for eagle.

Twisted my ankle on hole 7, piss poor condition of the cart path caused me to roll it. Its a bit tender, will probably stay off it for the weekend, and wrap it up while playing next week.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot a 91 at Tahquitz Creek, Resort Course not great. To dam hot in Palm Spring, mid day play!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Even par for 9 on the easiest Par 3 course in the world (It's like 1800 yards total). Even so, I played better today than ever in my life. 2 birdies in a row for the first time ever. Missed an ace by one inch. Chipped from about 25 yards off the pin on a roll. 4 consecutive birdie putts inside 20 feet on 9 holes. Very happy about progress.

105 at my local course. This represents a massive improvement on my last previous best of 121. I stopped using my driver and started using the 3 wood which meant straighter shots that went further rather than duffing tee shots 20 yards or OB with the driver.

Still I did take 4 tee shots on one hole as I had a lost ball, OB, OB and then finally got it on the fairway. Ended up with a 10 on that hole LOL.

My putting was good today. Mainly two putted with the odd 3 and one 4.

I am soooo chuffed.

38, par 35, front nine of my course.  The front is my bane, especially first 4 holes.  Didn't play well and scored ok.  1 birdie, best knews is no doubles or higher!!!!  Missed by inches on 3 birdie putts, missed two par putts by same amount, one was struck too hard and hit back of cup nestled on the lip.  Could have been better.  Striving to play front in par, but I need to be better than 3 over on the first 4 holes.  Have to figure those out.

One of the bennies of belonging to a private club (at least in Philly anyway) is that, when there is an event at your club that takes over the course for the day (like a Member-Guest or a GAP tournament), the Pro can usually get you a tee time at another local club with no fee attached (other than a cart or caddie). I played another course yesterday that is nowhere near as challenging as mine, and shot a pathetic 48-40-88. I tripled two of the first five holes because I couldn't keep my driver in line. And even after I got my act together with my driver, I never found a comfort zone with my short game until the last 6-7 holes. The price of not having local knowledge.

Bill M

Last Saturday I played Hermann Park Golf Course in Houston, TX.  This was my second complete round of 18 holes (I have played 9 holes at different course about 6 times), and I shot 99.  I started out with a par on #1, which believe me was a big surprise.  I went on and nailed 3 pars on the front 9 for a 45, and then lost it and shot a 54 on back.  However, in the long run I am very happy with my score.  and this was with no mulligans and no gimmies.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• 2 rounds this weekend, one at my home course and another course that I know well.   Played well for 3 of the 4 nines.    Ended up with an 80 and an 88.  Breaking it down by 9, it was 38, 42, 41, and a tough 47 where I somehow ended up with chipping/pitching shanks where I dropped at least 6 strokes on the last 6 holes.
    • Yikes, how time flies. Here we are, almost ten years later. After prioritizing family life and other things for a long time, I'm finally ready to play more golf. Grip: I came across some topics on grip and think my grip has been a bit too palmy, especially the left hand. I'm trying to get it more in the fingers and less diagonal. Setup: After a few weeks of playing, this realization came today after watching one of Erik's Covid videos. I've been standing too far from the ball, and that messes up so much. Moved closer on a short practice session and six holes today, and it felt great. It also felt familiar, so I've been there before. I went from chunking the bejesus out the wedges to much better contact. I love changes that involves no moving parts. Just a small correction on the setup and I'm hitting it better and is better suited for working on changes. I'm a few years late, but the Covid series has been very useful to get small details sorted. I've also had to revise ball position. The goal now is back of ball in the middle of the stance as the farthest back with wedges, and progressively moving forward the longer the clubs get. Haven't hit the driver yet, but inside left foot or at the toe I suppose. Full swing: It's not terrible. I noticed my hands were too low, so got that to work on. Weight forward. More of the same stuff from earlier days. Swing path is now out-in and I want the push-draw back. When I get some videos it'll be easier to tell. I've also had this idea that my tempo or flow/rhythm could improve. It's always felt rushed around the end of the backswing into the transition, where things don't line up as they should. A short pause as things settle before starting the downswing. Some lessons might be in order. Chipping and pitching: A 12-hole round this week demonstrated a severe need to practice, but also to figure out what the heck I’m trying to do. I stood over the ball with no idea of what I wanted to achieve. On a four meter chip! I was trying the locked wrists technique, which did not work at all. As usual when I need information, I look for something Erik has posted. I’ve seen the Quickie Pitching Video before, but if I got it back then, I’ve forgotten. After reviewing that topic, some other topic about chipping and most importantly, the videos on chip/pitch from his Covid series, I felt like I understood the concept. I love the idea of separating those two by what you are trying to achieve, not by distance or ball flight. With one method you use the leading edge to hit the ball first. With the other, you use the sole to slide it under the ball. I was surprised he said that he went for the pitch 90% of the time while playing. I’ve always been scared of that shot and been thinking I have to hit the ball first. Trying to slide the club under usually ended with a chunked or skulled shot. After practicing in the yard the last days I get it, and see why the pitching motion is more forgiving. It’s astounding how easy the concept and motion is. Kudos to Erik, David and anyone else involved for being an excellent students of the game and teachers. With those two videos, my short game improved leaps and bounds, without even practicing. Just getting the setup right and knowing what motions you are trying to do is a big part of improving. Soft hands and floaty swings feels so much better than a rigid “hinge and hold”, trying to fight gravity and momentum by squeezing the life out of the grip. At least how I took to understand the “hold” part. I also think the chipping motion will help in the full swing. Keeping pressure on the trigger finger to ensure the hands are leading the clubhead and not throwing it at the ball. I've also tried looking in front of the ball at times when chipping, which helps. That's something I've been doing on full swings for a long time, and can make a big difference on the ball flight. Question @iacas: You say in the videos that you want the ball somewhere near the middle of your stance, and that for pitching it's the same. On the videos you got a fairly narrow stance, where inside of the left foot is almost middle of the stance, but the ball looks more inside the left foot than middle of the stance. Is that caused by the filming angle or is the ball more towards the inside of the foot? I often hit chips and pitches from uphill and downhill lies, where a narrow stance would have me fall over. What is your thought process and setup for those shots? The lowpoint follows the upper body, around left armpit IIRC, so a ball position relative to the feet may not be in the same spot relative to the upper body with a wider stance. Practice: I've set up my nets at an indoors location where I can practice at home. I did a quick search on launch monitors (LM), but haven't decided on anything yet. We're probably buying a house in this area in the near future, so I may hold off a purchase until I see what I can get going there. At some point I'd love to get a proper setup with a LM that can be used as a simulator. Outdoors golf is not an option 4-6 months a year here, so having an indoors option would be great. That would also be a place to use the longer clubs. My nearest course is a shorter six hole course where I don't use anything longer than a 21º utility iron. To play longer 18 hole courses I have to drive 1-1.5 hours each way, which I will do now and then, but not regularly. The LM market has changed a lot since Trackman arrived, and more people are buying them for personal use, but it's still need to spend a lot of money for a decent one that can fi. track club path. The Mevo at £305 could perhaps be something to consider. Maybe they have lowered the price to get out units before a new model is launched? It is almost six years old, though perhaps modified since then. It's got limited data and obviously isn't an option as a simulator, but could provide some data when hitting into a net. I'd have to read more about it first. It has to be good enough to be useful for indoors practice. As long as I frequently hit balls on the range or course, I'll get feedback on any changes there.
    • I'm pretty good at picking targets with mid/long irons in hand, but yes lately I have been getting more aggressive than I should be, especially from 100-150. The 50-100 deficiency is mainly distance control, working on that mechanically with Evolvr, but the 100-150 is definitely a result of poor targets.  6,7,8 iron in my hand I have no problem aiming away from trouble/the flag, hitting a very committed shot to my target, but give me PW, GW, and some reason I think I need to go right at it (even though I know I shouldn't). Like here from my last round. 175 left on a short par 5 to a back right flag. Water short right and bunker long. Perfectly fine lie in sparse rough, between the jumper and downwind playing for about 10yds of help. I knew to not aim at the flag here, aimed 40 feet left of it, hit my 165 shot exactly where I was looking, easy 2 putt birdie.   But then there's this one. I had 120 left from the fairway to a semi-tucked front left flag. Not a ton of trouble around the green but the left and back rough does fall off steeper than short/right rough. For some reason I aimed right at this flag with my 120yd shot, hit it the exact proper distance but pulled it 5yds left and had a tough short sided chip. Did all I could to chip it to 8 feet and missed the putt for a bad bogey. Had I aimed directly at the middle of the green maybe 5yds right of the flag, a perfectly straight shot leaves me 20 feet tops for birdie and that same pulled shot that I hit would have left me very close to the hole.    So yeah I think the 50-100 is distance control and the 100-150 is absolutely picking better targets. I have good feels and am strong with distance control on those I just need to allow for a bigger dispersion.    This view is helpful. For the Under 25yds my proximity is almost double from the rough vs the fairway which reinforces that biggest weakness right now being inside 25yds from the rough. But then interestingly enough in the 25-50yds I'm almost equal proximity from fairway and rough, so it looks like I need to work on under 25yds from the rough and then 25-50 from the fairway. The bunker categories are only 1 attempt each so not worried about those.   Thanks as always for the insight, it's been helpful. I'm really liking ShotScope so far.
    • Wordle 1,053 4/6 🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜ 🟨⬜🟩⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Yea it is. A gave my brother a set of cobra irons at least a decade old and he walked away with 29 dollars worth of skin money the other day. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...