IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

I hit another 92 matching my best 18 hole score (44 & 48) again last night for the third time. The 44 on the front was one better than my best 9 ever. During a round I never look at my score. It gets in my head and drives me crazy. My buddy who is a far superior golfer to me added them up after 16 and though I tried to get him to not tell me it came out that I was winning at that point.

Turned out I was 3 up going into 17. After a double-bogey at 17 I was still 2 up and proceeded to completely melt down for a 9 on 18 and wound up losing by three. I completely let him get into my head. I've got to work on that if I ever want to be competitive.

Still he says he's going to spend some time at the range before we play together again. hehehe

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Long Post Warninig.

I went into my league match last night facing the single largest handicap deficit in the history of our league. I was giving him 21 shots for 9 holes. I know the max handicap is 36, but we play an unrated course and use 80% of average - par. Anyway, thats a whole different thread.

The night started well. I was just short of the green on a 220 yard par 3 and even after a lackluster chip I made my 8' par putt. I followed up with another 1 putt par on the second. Routine two putt par on the third and I have already made up 11 of the 21 shots. We both bogey number 4. I miss the green on 5 and get up and down again for par. I now +1 and have made up 14 shots through 5 holes. I don't know why, but instead of hitting my hybrid off the tee on the 219 yard 6th, I pulled 3 wood instead. I had hit it well on Sunday, but I tried to finese it and topped one. Good recovery shot put me pin high but short sided to the right. I tried to get cute and lob one that comes up short. I chip on and one putt for double. Even with that I make up 3 more shots.

I am now only 4 down with three to play. I hit a push slice that actually lands between the 6th tee and the 7th fairway. It ends up on a down slope about 2 feet from being in the water. I tell myself to hit down to make it go up and actually pull off a good recovery. I am still short of the green but it could have been way worse. Crisis averted...or so it seemed. I try to get cute again and hit a flop shot that I leave short. I chunk my chip and then take three more to get it down. Tripple bogey 7 to his bogey and now it's 6 down with two to play. He goes in the woods off the tee and I play safe to the fairway. He hits a decent third but misses the green with his 4th. I miss just long and lip out my par putt. He chips to about 15 feet and drains the double. I pick up 1 shot but I am now 5 down with one to play. My only chance to win outright is par or better. We play a 10 shot max per hole. I push my drive and then hit my shot of the night. From knee high rough I get the ball to the center of the green from 95 yards. If it flies 4 feet more it's my shot of the year. It just hags up leaving me 25 feet for birdie. The problem is the elephant that is burried in the green between me and the cup. I get the ball to almost die at the ridge and have it fall towards the hole. It ends up about 4 feet below the hole. All things said a good putt. He has a putt for a 9 and makes it. I miss my par and end up losing by 1 shot.

I shot 39 to his 59.

• Administrator
39/39 on a new, tight course (Pine Acres in Bradford, PA). I had a six-foot eagle putt lip out (darn thing broke two cups! Who'd have thunk it?!?!), made one other birdie on a par five, and had a kick-in birdie on a par four after I figured out why I kept thinning my irons.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had an 84 today. Shot 45 on the front and 39 on the back. 39's my best ever score for 9 holes, and 84 is my best ever for 18.

I shot 80 today after missing birdie putts on 16 and 17 and then blading an 8 iron over the 18th green.

Sigh, I really wanted to break 80 for the first time.

On a good note I did manage to shoot 43-37 so my back nine was very strong.

I just shot a 97 on a course I've never seen before. 70.3/124. I injured my right wrist last week at the driving range and thought I was good to go. However, I still have a problem. I had about 4 or 5 beers on the course so I may be in for a problem in the morning with it. My drives were pretty good and I had some nice approach shots (even with my 3 wood) but I 3 putted 6 holes on the front. Oh well, it still beats being at the office.

• Administrator
Shot 80. Fell apart in the end, going +6 on the last four holes. Had to play through groups in all of those and rushed my shots, which is not an excuse, but rather me getting on my own case about letting someone else influence me.

I had an 87 today with 5 three-putts. Oh well, my lag putting sucked.

Those are 2 solid rounds in a row, and don't complain too much about your putting, I had a round recently where I 3-Putted 5 holes.............

out of NINE .

Those are 2 solid rounds in a row, and don't complain too much about your putting, I had a round recently where I 3-Putted 5 holes.............

yea but this course has really SMALL greens. Like I three putted consistently from 15-20 feet. lol.

Oh well, and thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I wish I had a GHIN Handicap like most people have. My dad said he'd get me one soon. I just guess on my handicap that it's around 19 or 20 cuz I shoot high 80s to low 90's usually so...

I just shot a 40 when I went out and played another 9 holes. I love playing 27 holes per day. It's great. I'm soon gonna kick it up to 36 a day once July starts.

Anyway, my putting was a ton better, really the reason I shot a 40. I drove the ball mroe consistent, and my ball striking was virtually the same. My short game was a little bit better though, and my pitch shots, which left shorter putts...so, my lag putting isn't completely cured, but I donated 20 minutes of my time after the round to working on it, so, yeah, it's improving.

47+47 = 94 in the first round of my club championship. Putting really sucks. I five-putted on a par 3, and four-putted several times, once from three feet. I placed in the third flight - cutoff line was 93. I have a decent chance of winning it if I can stop five putting. Geez. I should try to chip-in every time, it would be so much easier.

The highlight of my day - I finally played 18 holes without losing a ball. That's the first time in my life. I had to replace my ball every 5 or 6 holes because I beat 'em up pretty good, but I honest to god didn't have a water ball, an OB shot, or one lost in the deep rough.

• Administrator
79. Finished with four bogeys in a row, but two of those included a penalty stroke for a lateral hazard. The round really slowed down the last four holes - I need to find a way to stay in it mentally.

Driving was decent, putting was good (didn't hole anything, but hit the putts the way I wanted), irons were okay except a few... short game was okay. 29 putts - same as yesterday.

The round really slowed down the last four holes - I need to find a way to stay in it mentally.

Ugh, I had the same thing today. After one bad hole you just wanna get up to the tee and put it behind you - nothing worse then having to wait 5 minutes for a fouresome in front of you to clear the fairway and/or green.

Had one of my best/worse rounds of the year. Shot 44-40 84 with 5 (count um) double bogies. started double,double, birdie,double, double. Then I opened my cooler even though it was 9:30 AM. I had nothing to lose at that point.

The birdie was the # 1 handicap hole, go figure.
Played over my head till i got to 18 and needed a bogie for 39, but I knew that when I teed it up.............double duh duh...
never add your score till you get to the clubhouse!!!