IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

New to the board, but I thought I would share. I broke 90 for the first time on Sunday and shot an 88. Par'd 5 holes on the front 9 with no birdies, and birdied two holes on the back 9.

Unfortunately I had a few doubles and triples when I went in the water. By far the best I ever played though.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Got in a not so quick nine tonight (played behind two of the biggest morons who did not sign the End Slow Play Promise ) after work in slightly steamy Escanaba, MI. Shot 44 with 3 GIR, 16 putts, and 2 fairways (3 drives were within 3 feet or less of the right side of the fairway, one I topped and one I played for a slight cut on a par four that was a slight dogleg right and proceeded to hit it dead straight and ended up behind a tree). Overall, quite happy with the progress I have made since my duck hook problem but need to eliminate the blow-up holes (6 pars, 2 triple-bogeys and one double bogey).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not a lot of fairways hit, only 4 GIR, no birdies, but 4 up and downs from the sand, 6 more from within 15 yards of the green. Never holed a putt over 8 feet.
I made sure I missed in the right places.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

A 41 in my league (par 34). So many missed opportunities. I was absolutely striping my tee shots, then missing greens with a sand wedge. My short game was atrocious and I couldn't hole a meaningful putt to save my a$$. My full swing feels the best it has in a long time, and a lot of my mental energy has gone toward fixing that. Hopefully that will stick, and I can let those thoughts go and concentrate more on the short game.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• Administrator
75 at Lake View today. Was -3 at one point on the front after a three-par, three-birdie (in order) start. Rushed a little on 7 and 9 to finish -1 on the front. Not the best back... just a few slightly loose shots. Overall, fairly happy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 27 holes with a buddy of mine down at Sugar Bay, in Warsaw - about halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville. Really cheap - $25 for all you can golf with a cart - but it's a real hill billy track. They don't care where you drive the carts (obviously not on the green, though) and I somehow managed to get it stuck in another creek bed, the second time in a week.... took some effort to get it out.

The place is incredibly tight, and it's easy to lose a ball in the rough on the wrong hole, or in the woods, or whatever. We were just banging the ball around, and between the two of us I think we lost about 70 balls. I probably wouldn't have broken 150 if I kept score.

To refer to an article I read on the site the other day, I'm an extreme example of Wild Willy, or something like that.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Broke 40 for the first time for 9 in a regular round, shot a 39 on the front with a 4 putt caused by a penalty stroke because the ball moved after I soled my putter, two birds made up for it a bit. Came back in a horrid 49 as my swing crumbled under the self imposed pressure of what I had shot on the front. Still -7 net isn't bad, though my handicap will drop 2 strokes next month...

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I shot a 77 today at my course Grandview Golf & CC all putting

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

I shot 87 yesterday.

My game has gone south. I am fine off of the tee but I have no idea where my irons are going to end up. Very frustrating.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

41 at the local 9 hole course (5 par 3s, 3 par 4s, and 1 par 5), slightly better then average for me. got some new R7 XDs that i hit pretty well but still getting used to the graphite...

keith

P.S. i need more posts so i can start new threads...

shot a 75 last night. Course rates 69.5/115. I hit 11 GIR, and 2 of the greens I missed were just on the fringe. Of 11 greens I made 1 birdie. My putting is killing me right now.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Since I've already posted a couple of good scores on this thread, it's only fair that I post a score that's not.

Today's round was 91. With 8 GIRs! Tee balls OB on #14 & #16. 38 (yikes) putts with five (double yikes) 3-putts.

But I'm not blaming the guy in the group in front of us who took too long to rake the bunker.

A Dr. Jekyl/Mr Hyde round again.

Shot a 46 on the front with 2 doubles and 2 three putts... then turned it around on the back with a 36 with 3 birdies, 3 pars and 3 bogeys. 82 total on a 71.9/128 rated course.

Front nine was hard to get into a groove because I had just finished work, rushed to the golf course and rushed to the first tee. Heart was pumping hard for the first 4 holes... so tried dowsing it with beer... made me even more jittery

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I shot an 86 today...although my all time low is an 83, I know for a fact this was clearly my best round. Today, it was on a course that was 72.5 rating while the course I shot an 83 at was on a 68 rating...so this was clearly better score wise.

Today I was just on fire. I played 36 holes yesterday, and didn't play that great...but today everything seemed to be on. Yesterday my driver really struggled, but today I think I only missed about 2-3 fairways with the thing. It was incredible.

My putting was pretty solid as well, probably only 1-2 three putts. The front nine wasn't good, I shot a 45 but I followed it up strong with a 41 on the back. So yeah, today I lived up to about a 10-12 handicap when I'm realistically a 16. I have a tournament tomorrow and if I could shoot an 86 I'd be ecstatic...but as everyone knows the pressure of tournaments can add a couple of strokes to your normal casual round.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

65 (32-33) at my high school's alumni golf outing, down at Twin Oaks. Scramble format. Pretty good considering 1)I was in a threesome, not a foursome, and 2) I was paired with a 25, and a guy who couldn't break 150. We hit a lot of my drives, but the other guy could really hole those putts get those chips close (something I suffer badly from...or the inability thereof).

I won a trophy for "Shortest Drives" - on the hole where they were being measured, I somehow whiffed entirely.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

72 at Crooked Tree in Mason Ohio. That's a ten over, and I walked the front nine (Im 100 lb over my ideal weight).

Played the whole round with only 2 balls (didn't lose one). Hit some killer 3 woods and didn't take any risks. All pars and bogeys.

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

shot a 73 the hard way last night. 40 on the front / 33 on the back. On the front I struggled to hit greens and took a double on #9 par 5. On the back I shot 3 under with 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and a bunch of pars. On the back I hit 7 GIR's.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

... I think I only missed about 2-3 fairways with the thing.

CG, you should track these stats on your scorecard. Very easy to do, and it provides a lot of useful info. Just keep whether you hit or missed the fairway (missed R or L), wheter you made GIR, and # of putts. I also track up / downs, sand saves, and penalty strokes.

See this thread .

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...