IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

87 today.   It will shave a point off of my HI.   I'd better get my driver back in form.   It has been MIA.  Once I get it fixed, I will step closer to my 2019 goal of reaching 11+ HI.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

72, four birdies, four bogeys. Short game needs some work.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

72 in the rain. Played in a one-day member/member best ball. We shot 72 net, 70 gross lol

We ended up winning low gross.

Mike McLoughlin

Played a 15 hole stableford club competition yesterday. First time as I only just became a full member. They’ve given me a 17 handicap. Didn’t go great. Was going well up to the fifth hole par five which I birdied after being on in two. Proceeded to scratch the next three holes in a row. Disaster. Finished with 23 points. 

I had to laugh at the fifth hole though, because it’s winter and the course is so soft my second shot a 5w from 230 yards pitched and stopped 2 feet from where it landed. In the summer that would be gone into the woods behind the hole for sure. 

How can a golf game get so out of control. After shooting 6 straight rounds in the 70's, Friday it was a pair of 44's for an 88. Saturday, I started where I left off on Friday with a 43 in the front, but then miraculously carded a 36 in the back for a 79. This mornings round was a 80 (41-39).

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Handicap will climb again as even though it’s been over a week since I hit a shank in practice that’s all I hit yesterday. Shot 113...with esc. Probably somewhere around 130 otherwise. 

3 inch's of snow on the ground. waiting for the weather to turn around.

-Zac  W

"Sometimes the biggest problem is in your head. You’ve Got to believe." ~Jack Nicklaus

::tmade:                      :cobra:                                                   :mizuno:                       :odyssey:          

M3                    Max 3 & 5 Woods  & Amp Cell Irons 5-GW             4 iron,SW & LW MP-4               O-Works 7   

69. Got off to a good start, -4 thru 6 then missed short birdie putts on 7, 11, 13 and 17. Legit bogey on 14 after a bad swing and a horrible 3-putt bogey on 18 from 15ft above the hole. 5 birdies and all of them got cut for a skin and didn't win the team bet.

So basically all I accomplished today was further screwing up my handicap 😛

Mike McLoughlin

Went out for some short game practice today but an hour into it ran into some friends who had room for a 4th so played instead,  Went well on the front and shot 42 but then the back went out the window and had a few bad drives for a 47. Hopefully, I can get the driver smartened up for tomorrow's game.

Another 79 for me today. Handicap trend is down to 9.8. Hopefully, I can play to the lower handicap.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Another 89 today, off blue tees this time though. 5 pars, 9 bogey's and 4 doubles. 2 lost balls and tough conditions. Fog, very soggy ground and cold fingers.  Made lot's of good recoveries today.  Happy with my round, aside from a few errant shots.  Played with a guy who is +1 and it was very impressive, butter cut after butter cut. Now, if only I could have that consistency, lol

77.....................Days since I last played! Not a lot of snow so far this winter but we got it late October early November and all the courses shut down almost immediately. If we are lucky, late March will be the next time out barring a trip to warmer climates. 

More fog, soggy conditions and frozen fingers today but 41,46 for an 87 off white tees. 1 bird, 6 pars, 6 bogeys and 5 dbls. 1 lost tee shot. Not many people out today, only 1 other guy showed up from the group.....bunch of wimps, lol

Edited by SteveH
typo

Last of the nearby courses.  Longer than I have played to date by ~600 yards,  but not an overly problematic course.  More dog legs than I have encountered to date, a good deal many more fairway bunkers, none of them deep, and easily played out of.  Some water comes into play, but I avoided it.  A  narrower fairways in a lot of places, they should become less problematic as I play this 18 a bit more often. 

105 for the round today, most damaging was leaving myself with 20'+ putts and longer second shots due to tee shots off my expected line.  I did have 4 GIRs, but needing often 2-3 Putts to finish off the greens. 4 double B's and 1 triple B meant my series of rounds without a snowman has officially ended.  3 Pars and no birdies should give a real indication why this round was very mediocre. 2 OB, no swimmers and no shanks.   Rough just off fairways was a bit fuller than other courses. Made comments on my card to change club in these cases. Under performed in getting the distance needed from second shots, a few chips, and setting myself for shorter putts.  Will try to get a bit more ball speed at range this week and spend a day replaying this course over the weekend.  

Need to hit my chips and wedges more to the middle of the green as opposed to being happy I simply got it to the green. I am getting fantastic lift and the no roll that comes with it.

If you would have told me 18 months ago I would feel a bit disappointed with a 105, I would have chuckled loudly. The frustration is I can with regularity break 100.  Heck, on a fantastic day in the last 6 months, I have broken 90.  But, the disappointment was tempered on a clear, warm day by the overall fun I had.  I no longer am happy with how a shot came out but by the results I know should happen. But I still had the joy of playing.

Tomorrow will be a work day and reading the parts of LSW on planning for the course.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

40,43 for 83 today from whites. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 4 bogeys and 4 dbls. 0 lost balls and 27 putts. Still pretty soggy out there and I hit a few bad shots but overall pretty happy.

Sunday 1/20

Prior teeing off for my Sunday round, I spent about 20 minutes with the Orange Whip® and was careful to watch that my swing, even with the torture device was more in-out.  Felt good and the end result was better narrowness in deviation from center.  Not perfect as I hit 3 OB and one went for a swim.  Still even with these penalties, I had a sold round with 7 fewer strokes the other day. 98 in total.

The water dragon ALMOST was not one as it hit beyond the pond but rolled back in.  Such is life. One OB was off a tee and the other two were just mis-hits that just barely went into the area of sin.

I did a very good job in terms of distances expected for the shots given the club I used.  (I suspect my choice of one hybrid over the other was the reason for one OB, or I may have simply overhit it a bit too much.  Putting was all over the place; I need to hit the putting green a lot soon.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I took a beating today. Was soggy and cold out there and my fingers suffered but I just couldn't drive the ball well and lots of hooks. Blue tees and 46,51 for 97. 4 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 dbls, 2 triples and an ugly 7 on a par 3 after an errant tee shot. Didn't putt too well either, 36 putts, including 4 x 3 putts.  Hopefully I can play better tomorrow.  My worst round in a while.