IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was enjoying cycling through the Memorial 2016 photos when I got this. I seem to be locked out now. Maybe if I wait, it will com back? A couple minutes so far, but still get this when I try to view a photo from the main page. Great pics tho!

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 6.34.14 AM.png

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, RandallT said:

I was enjoying cycling through the Memorial 2016 photos when I got this. I seem to be locked out now. Maybe if I wait, it will com back? A couple minutes so far, but still get this when I try to view a photo from the main page. Great pics tho!

It's for a 24-hour period I think (or per calendar day), but I also just doubled the limit. These are the kind of things that rarely occur, so thank you for pointing it out, so I can adjust the limits. Maybe it needs to be 5x.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I noticed this a long time ago, and again today:  if I make a post that gets several reputations in a short period of time, in my profile, I click "See Reputation Activity," then "Forums\Posts" and I see it as though the same person has given me all the reputation:

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 2.46.54 PM.png

But then if I find that post, there are actually 3 different names listed there, so the list above is somehow only getting the earliest person to give it thumbs up, and using that name 3 times. Not a huge deal, of course, but probably a simple tweak they could make to show the reputation correctly.

Also, two more minor things about the reputation area, in general:

1. I can't find a direct link to the post being given reputation.  The only part in each row above that is hyperlinked is the title of the thread, and following that link gets you to the first post in the thread. It'd be nice if the "7 hours ago," area was linked to the actual post. 
  2. When you click "See Reputation Activity" in your profile, it could default to "Forums\Posts" rather than make you click that. I can't recall the default area it takes you, but it might be "Status" or something, which is less used here on TST, relative to forum posts. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
8 hours ago, RandallT said:

I noticed this a long time ago, and again today:  if I make a post that gets several reputations in a short period of time, in my profile, I click "See Reputation Activity," then "Forums\Posts" and I see it as though the same person has given me all the reputation:

Okay. I've never seen that happen, but if it does again, let me know. Maybe he gave you reputation and removed it, and gave it to you again? :-)

Also, two more minor things about the reputation area, in general:

1. I can't find a direct link to the post being given reputation. The only part in each row above that is hyperlinked is the title of the thread, and following that link gets you to the first post in the thread. It'd be nice if the "7 hours ago," area was linked to the actual post.

I don't see that. For example, I got a reputation for this post:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/89500-pro-golfers-know-working-on-short-game-goes-a-long-way-nyt/?do=findComment&comment=1228948

That's the link from my https://thesandtrap.com/notifications/ page.

2. When you click "See Reputation Activity" in your profile, it could default to "Forums\Posts" rather than make you click that. I can't recall the default area it takes you, but it might be "Status" or something, which is less used here on TST, relative to forum posts. 

Yes, that's a little annoying. But, what, you click the area you want to click on. Right?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes, it all works fine from my Notifications page too. That's the behavior I'm trying to find here:

https://thesandtrap.com/profile/30219-randallt/reputation/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1 (I get there through my profile and a link that says "See Reputation Activity" in the top left).

Not a huge issue, of course, as I think I've been mildly impacted by it twice since the cutover!

My Swing

can't read all of a blog post because ads on the right cut off 4-6 words a line

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MasonAsher2014 said:

can't read all of a blog post because ads on the right cut off 4-6 words a line

Show this to me. I need a screenshot.

And share your browser, OS version, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past week, I've been receiving multiple "We've missed you, Hardspoon" e-mails.

I've received two last Friday, one last Saturday...and five tonight.

Capture.JPG

TST is turning into a clingy ex-girlfriend.  ;-) 

- John

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Over the past week, I've been receiving multiple "We've missed you, Hardspoon" e-mails.

I've received two last Friday, one last Saturday...and five tonight.

Capture.JPG

TST is turning into a clingy ex-girlfriend.  ;-) 

I know.

As I've said in other threads, and to PMs, and to emails… I know. It's a bug. But it's a bug I can't seem to really test or reproduce.

I'll disable the actions.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, iacas said:

I know.

As I've said in other threads, and to PMs, and to emails… I know. It's a bug. But it's a bug I can't seem to really test or reproduce.

I'll disable the actions.

I did so and deleted all of the scheduled actions. There were about 6000 of them.

Unfortunately, some of them were legitimate.

For the past two days when clicking "New Content" I get the following message.  But the website is available, I'm posting right now.  I just can't use the "New Content" feature.  So, if this is a bug, I thought you should know.

Capture.PNG

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Just cleared my history, including cache, "New Content" is now working.

Yup.

@iacas,

I came across an @mentions issue where the members name didn't show on the pick list. I tried several times. This was on my iPad. It's happened on my work laptop, but never on any of my apple devices. 

image.png

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

@iacas,

I came across an @mentions issue where the members name didn't show on the pick list. I tried several times. This was on my iPad. It's happened on my work laptop, but never on any of my apple devices. 

I get that list when I type ian, but when I add the "W" the list narrows down to three, including the right person. Maybe the Javascript event or whatever collided or was mis-timed or something.

I use my Mozzila on my phone and the @mentions do not work initially. If I start it and hit space and then back space, it starts to work, but this behavior crashes my browser 95% of the time. This is why some of my "mentions" do not show up in format. I don't think this is a ST issue but a browser issue.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

57 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I use my Mozzila on my phone and the @mentions do not work initially. If I start it and hit space and then back space, it starts to work, but this behavior crashes my browser 95% of the time. This is why some of my "mentions" do not show up in format. I don't think this is a ST issue but a browser issue.

That stinks it's still so intermittent with you. Crashing would be frustrating. Thankfully, I'm not seeing that here. Nor have I noticed the behavior @boogielicious showed about missing names on the dropdown.

Most may realize this, but I'll just say that the one caveat I've noticed about @mentions is that the "@" needs to immediately follow a space.  If you try to use them after a parentheses, it won't work. For example, if you type "Hi Joe (@joe)"- it never searches for @joe because there is a character preceding the "@." Guess that makes perfect sense, but took me a while to even notice the pattern and I did initially wonder why it wasn't working! Duh.

Other than that, I've had very few issues, if any, for the past many months. MacBook safari (10.11.x) or iPhone 6 safari and chrome.

My Swing

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandallT said:

Most may realize this, but I'll just say that the one caveat I've noticed about @mentions is that the "@" needs to immediately follow a space.  If you try to use them after a parentheses, it won't work. For example, if you type "Hi Joe (@joe)"- it never searches for @joe because there is a character preceding the "@." Guess that makes perfect sense, but took me a while to even notice the pattern and I did initially wonder why it wasn't working! Duh.

The system wants to let you type email addresses… ;-) THat'd be annoying if you typed up "someone@gmail.com" and it tried to create an @mention.

P.S. I wonder if someone will register with the username "mention." :-)

Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!