IGNORED

ShortPar4 Golf Wear Box Service

Note: This thread is 737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, this company showed up in my Facebook feed the other day. Out of curiosity I decided to check them out and see what people were getting and if they thought it was worth the cost. The cost, by the way is $45 a month, but I did find a code that reduced the first shipment by $20 that was old but still worked ( BIRDIE20). It appears they actually ship out pretty decent stuff so I decided to pull the trigger. I figured, for $25 it was worth the risk. I didn't know if anyone else here has tried them or is still currently using the service. I'll probably update the thread when I get my first delivery, which apparently won't be until December because you have to sign up before the first of the month to get this month's delivery. Ship date is the 15th of every month, so it'll ship out on my birthday. This whole thing has a nice dual purpose for me because golf gear can double as my "business casual" work clothes. If anyone else is interested I hope the discount code still works, seems like a great deal to try out for a month.

A quick list of brands that I have seen people say they got:

Callaway, Puma, Greg Norman, Linksoul, Underarmor, Devereux, Bridgestone, Taylormade, Ashworth, and Addidas. There were more but I can't remember them all.

• Upvote 2

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Hi Jeremie,

How does it work?  Do you get to select the items or do they just send you what they feel like in which case it is kind of like a mystery box?

They have different style packages:  Loud , Athletic which I chose, Traditional, and "All" which is a combination of the 3. You select the sizes for pants, shirt, glove, and hat. From there they send out a box with any combination of clothing and accessories. 

9 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I'm pretty picky about the clothes I pick which consists mostly of khakis and black shirts. My wife keeps trying to get me to expand my "color wheel".

The colors seem to be pretty tame in the athletic and traditional styles. Most people have gotten black, different shades of blue, grey, and whites as well as shirts with stripes. I never wear shorts, so I sent a message to try and see if they would make sure to only send pants. I don't imagine I'll keep the subscription indefinitely, eventually I'll have more clothes than I need. At that point I'll stop the subscription or at any point where I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

10 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I remember the Columbia house Cassette and CD deals years ago. I never thought they would do that with clothing though.

Funny thing, I was never interested in those things. However, I don't like shopping... Like, at all, so the idea that I can get some new clothes without having to go to the store is appealing to me. It is strange that these types of things have become popular though. They have them for so many different things too. However, this is probably the only one I've seen that really has any practical use for me, since I really could use more clothes for both work and golf. And, like I said, once I have enough I'll cancel the service.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

:offtopic:

Columbia House/BMG was buy 10 tapes/CDs for a penny and then buy 1/month for retail price for a year or something like that, cancel anytime but people forgot to cancel and they got burnt.

The above are subscription box services, you're paying all the money up front, you're just not sure what you're going to get (they should call it a Gump box.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscription_boxes

I was tempted to try some golf ones, but never bothered, I know what stuff I want:

http://www.birdiebox.com/product/birdie-box/#

http://golfcrate.com/

They're basically like the goody bags you get at the end of a fun run. Now the food/snack boxes, those are fun.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

"Boxes" (like BirchBox, etc.) are a big thing these days.

Golfers can get some good deals on slightly out-of-season or out-of-style or over-stocked gear.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

Quick update. The request I sent about only receiving pants was answered, and rather quickly.

Mark Cappi

Mark Cappiello (Short Par 4)

Nov 4, 12:02

Jeremie,

Thank you for your email and subscription. I have made the note to be sure we only send you PANTS in the 30waist34length pants you have specified.

We look forward to shipping your boxes.

Regards,

MARK

We'll have to see if the note actually carries through and I only get pants when they send out shorts, but I'm pleased to know that they are willing to accommodate requests like this.

15 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

:offtopic:

Columbia House/BMG was buy 10 tapes/CDs for a penny and then buy 1/month for retail price for a year or something like that, cancel anytime but people forgot to cancel and they got burnt.

The above are subscription box services, you're paying all the money up front, you're just not sure what you're going to get (they should call it a Gump box.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscription_boxes

I was tempted to try some golf ones, but never bothered, I know what stuff I want:

http://www.birdiebox.com/product/birdie-box/#

http://golfcrate.com/

They're basically like the goody bags you get at the end of a fun run. Now the food/snack boxes, those are fun.

I'm not interested in "goody bags" of stuff really. Clothes, belts, socks, hats I can all use for more than just golf. That's the main reason I went with this one.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

"Boxes" (like BirchBox, etc.) are a big thing these days.

Golfers can get some good deals on slightly out-of-season or out-of-style or over-stocked gear.

That's another reason I went with this, because the savings on the clothing is quite good and I don't mind getting stuff that isn't "current" as long as it looks nice.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

19 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Quick update. The request I sent about only receiving pants was answered, and rather quickly.

Mark Cappi

Mark Cappiello (Short Par 4)

Nov 4, 12:02

Jeremie,

Thank you for your email and subscription. I have made the note to be sure we only send you PANTS in the 30waist34length pants you have specified.

We look forward to shipping your boxes.

Regards,

MARK

We'll have to see if the note actually carries through and I only get pants when they send out shorts, but I'm pleased to know that they are willing to accommodate requests like this.

I'm not interested in "goody bags" of stuff really. Clothes, belts, socks, hats I can all use for more than just golf. That's the main reason I went with this one.

That's another reason I went with this, because the savings on the clothing is quite good and I don't mind getting stuff that isn't "current" as long as it looks nice.

This box is an excellent deal especially w/the coupon code. I was referring to the boxes I listed as they seemed more random. Tempted to try yours.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

So for my first box, which cost me $25, I got Under Armour pants and an Adidas puremotion shirt. Not sure why the picture looks so yellow, but the pants are grey and the shirt is purple with a teal pocket and patch on one shoulder. I'd say it was well worth the cost. Looking forward to what comes next month for at the regular $45 cost.

20151121_202027.jpg

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Not sure why the picture looks so yellow

Just a bad white balance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, Grumpter said:

More like this?

20151121_202027_thumb_jpg_2e40feeb6968451859396abd55b90a9b.jpg

Yep, that's pretty close to what it actually looks like for colors.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 4 weeks later...

Month 2, still worth the price:

IMG_0026.JPG

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Very nice! I have looked at several of the box deals (although not golf related) and they don't seem that bad really. Alot of the non golf boxes come from brands that are not common. They seem to be more up and coming designer top stuff. This deal looks good too. i may have to try this a time or two.

And just to be clear, the 45 a month allows you to keep these? It's not like the 45 is applied toward a final cost if you like the item, right?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

1 minute ago, TN94z said:

Very nice! I have looked at several of the box deals (although not golf related) and they don't seem that bad really. Alot of the non golf boxes come from brands that are not common. They seem to be more up and coming designer top stuff. This deal looks good too. i may have to try this a time or two.

I have thought about getting some TRUEs in the past, but never was able to get a good enough deal that they had my size in. I did see these same shoes for 49.95 *which is still 4.95 more than the cost of the box* but even those weren't available in my size so that wouldn't have done me any good. So far so good for this deal. Looking forward to next month now.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

I have thought about getting some TRUEs in the past, but never was able to get a good enough deal that they had my size in. I did see these same shoes for 49.95 *which is still 4.95 more than the cost of the box* but even those weren't available in my size so that wouldn't have done me any good. So far so good for this deal. Looking forward to next month now.

And can you cancel at any time?  I may check this out. Even if you get something for close to or the same price (the shoes for example), you still didn't have to pay tax, shipping, or stand in line.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!