IGNORED

Article On: The 18 Best Golf Holes in the World

Note: This thread is 2598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Settled science!!! End of discussion :beer:

Here's a screen capture for those who want to visually identify their favorite:

Edited by RandallT
REmived attachment

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I couldn't argue against anything here, but I'm sure there are hundreds of others that could or should have been included.  I particularly like the last hole mentioned, the Pit at North Berwick.  And in case anyone asks, the wall is not an obstruction, its simply in play. I also particularly like the explanation of the "science" involved.  Get all the opinions from all of the experts and scientists, and throw them out the window!

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2015 at 10:55 AM, DaveP043 said:

I couldn't argue against anything here, but I'm sure there are hundreds of others that could or should have been included.  I particularly like the last hole mentioned, the Pit at North Berwick.  And in case anyone asks, the wall is not an obstruction, its simply in play. I also particularly like the explanation of the "science" involved.  Get all the opinions from all of the experts and scientists, and throw them out the window!

I'm with Dave, there are probably 100's of other holes that could be included or take the place of some on the list.  Especially as most of us have only seen these holes on TV.  Maybe they should do the most iconic golf holes instead of the best.  I would gather that many of us would have different holes based on our experiences playing certain courses.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

9 hours ago, VOX said:

I have played 12 of them. Now I have a new goal. Get the final six.

Cool! What is your favorite?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 at Augusta. I have played it twice and am -1. Although the pros think it is tough, at only about 160 yards, it is probably one of the easier holes for us mere mortals.

My favorite course is Royal County Down.

Edited by VOX

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but Mrs. JK and I were talking last night about our next trip to Europe, which is planned for September 2019 and Crans-Sur-Sierre is absolutely on my list of possible place to play. Has anybody played it?

my get up and go musta got up and went..

47 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

I know this is an old thread but Mrs. JK and I were talking last night about our next trip to Europe, which is planned for September 2019 and Crans-Sur-Sierre is absolutely on my list of possible place to play. Has anybody played it?

I haven't played there but Mark Crossfield did a series of videos from there when the European tour went through (must have been Aug/Sep of last year).  Played a couple of the courses including 9 holes with Nicolas Colsaerts which was quite entertaining (if you like Mark Crossfield I guess).  They also went up onto the glacier and did a bit of paragliding, plus lots of club tests and walk and talks with the pros during the pro am.

Nicklaus course : 

Nicolas Colsaerts

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

Note: This thread is 2598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!