IGNORED

Palm Springs in January

DaveP043
Note:Β This thread is 832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Dave, appreciate the tag and I hope you are doing well.Β 

It sounds like it may be a moot point, but I'm unavailable the week of the 13-19th. Enjoy your trip and I'll be rooting for some great weather for you guys.Β 

Are you planning to play Silver Rock again this year? I am actually playing there on January 2nd.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like there may be a few spots open.Β  On Thursday, Mary Anne jumped just a couple feet down from a trampoline, landed a bit hard, and broke her heel bone.Β  No golf for her, for at least a couple of months.Β  We're still planning on coming to Palm Springs, assuming we can work through the logistics involved, so we'll have 3 golfers in our group now.Β  I'll post more info when I have it, but Tom specifically mentioned the Sand Trap guys, so I hope I'll see one or two of y'all in January.Β  Until then, Merry Christmas andΒ Happy New Year to everyone!Β  Or happy holidays of whatever sort you choose to practice!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

Best wishes to her for a fast recovery!

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Best wishes to her for a fast recovery!

Thanks, Erik, we both appreciate the kind wishes. ItΒ  could certainly have been worse, at least she didn't need surgery. Just one more hurdle in life to work through.Β  She IS a little disappointed that her brand new Ping irons will have to wait a little while to be broken in.

Dave

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 

15 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Well, it looks like there may be a few spots open.Β  On Thursday, Mary Anne jumped just a couple feet down from a trampoline, landed a bit hard, and broke her heel bone.Β  No golf for her, for at least a couple of months.Β  We're still planning on coming to Palm Springs, assuming we can work through the logistics involved, so we'll have 3 golfers in our group now.Β  I'll post more info when I have it, but Tom specifically mentioned the Sand Trap guys, so I hope I'll see one or two of y'all in January.

Sorry to hear about Mary Anne, hope she has a quick recovery.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, maybe see ya in a few weeks/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

The good news, we've figured out the logistics, and Mary Anne and I are definitely coming to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks.Β  She's in a cast, and can't put any weight on her left foot, but is coping pretty well with the crutches andΒ  "knee scooter".Β  Without Mary Anne, we have 3 golfers, so we'll have an opening if anyone cares to join us for a day or two.Β  Β Our friend Tom has made it from the deep freeze of Virginia to Palm Springs.Β  He's planning to make tee times at the following courses, generally between 9:00 and 9:30 each day, if possible:

Sunday, 1/14Β  Β Tom's home courseΒ  -Β  The Golf Club at La Quinta or Indian Creek

MondayΒ  -Β  Β  Β  Β  Eagle Falls

TuesdayΒ  -Β  Β  Β  Β SilverRock

Wednesday -Β  Β The Classic Club

Thursday -Β  Β  Β  Β Desert Willow

Friday, 1/19Β  Β  Β The Classic Club

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.Β  @Big C, I know you're not available, butΒ I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.Β  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.Β Β 

Dave

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.Β  @Big C, I know you're not available, butΒ I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.Β  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.Β Β 

Thanks @DaveP043, I'll let you know soon. That Monday and/or Tuesday work the best for me.

Mike McLoughlin

Tuesday or Wednesday are the days that would be likely to work for me if you have a spot.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

4 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Tuesday or Wednesday are the days that would be likely to work for me if you have a spot.

Tom specifically told me to see what the TST guys wanted first.Β  He has a some friends around town he'll invite to fill in spots, but he's there for a few months, and I'll only be there for a week, so you guys get first pick.Β  Let me know when you can, and I'll pass the word along.Β  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

Dave

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Tom specifically told me to see what the TST guys wanted first.Β  He has a some friends around town he'll invite to fill in spots, but he's there for a few months, and I'll only be there for a week, so you guys get first pick.Β  Let me know when you can, and I'll pass the word along.Β  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

Thanks Dave.

Please put in for Tuesday at SilverRock.

Mike McLoughlin

I won't actually be able to make it as I will be out of town on my days off.Β 

Next year I guess.Β 

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

On 1/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, DaveP043 said:

@DaveP043, I'd also like to play Monday if that works. So I'm in for Eagle Falls and SilverRock.

Mike McLoughlin

On 1/2/2018 at 6:11 PM, DaveP043 said:

Β  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

If you need a bag boy, take me.Β 

Puhleeeease...:cry:

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

@DaveP043, I'd also like to play Monday if that works. So I'm in for Eagle Falls and SilverRock.

Thanks, Mike, I'll let Tom know right now.

• Like 1

Dave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

If you need a bag boy, take me.Β 

Puhleeeease...:cry:

Oh hush. You didn't spend 90 minutes just snowblowing your sidewalks today. :-)

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Oh hush. You didn't spend 90 minutes just snowblowing your sidewalks today. :-)

Well, I gots legit whining rights today. We got a foot of snow last night through this afternoon and I just shoveled the driveway for anΒ hour and only halfway done.

Uhh, what's a snowblower??;-)

Vishal S.

• Administrator
Just now, GolfLug said:

Uhh, what's a snowblower??;-)

A female seal in need of practice.

Joke sounded funnier in my head.

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, DaveP043 said:

The good news, we've figured out the logistics, and Mary Anne and I are definitely coming to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks.Β  She's in a cast, and can't put any weight on her left foot, but is coping pretty well with the crutches andΒ  "knee scooter".Β  Without Mary Anne, we have 3 golfers, so we'll have an opening if anyone cares to join us for a day or two.Β  Β Our friend Tom has made it from the deep freeze of Virginia to Palm Springs.Β  He's planning to make tee times at the following courses, generally between 9:00 and 9:30 each day, if possible:

Sunday, 1/14Β  Β Tom's home courseΒ  -Β  The Golf Club at La Quinta or Indian Creek

Wednesday -Β  Β The Classic Club

Thursday -Β  Β  Β  Β Desert Willow

Friday, 1/19Β  Β  Β The Classic Club

I've been holding off for a couple of days because I really want to come out there Thursday or Friday, but I don't think it's going to work out for me this year.Β  Hopefully your buddy will be able to fill the spots, and I will catch you guys next year.

Thanks!

Note:Β This thread is 832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!