IGNORED

Help a golfer out!

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wanted to share my excitement that I was able to help a golfer out the other day with their game.  I figured I could start a thread on how any of you have helped someone with their golf game.  I'm thinking it could be in anyway, but share all the details. It could be giving them tips, equipment, paid for their gold ect..

I will obviously start us off.. I convinced my long time playing partner (of almost 3 years now) to join evolvr..  He has always been critical of me talking about picture changing and taking lessons mainly because he never saw my scores getting any better than his.. It all changed a couple of months ago when I started breaking a 100 regularly and now shoot around 95 with a low score of 89 around a month and a half ago..

He is finally convinced that I have started to improve while he is shooting the same scores over a 100.. I helped him take videos of his swing, explained the 5 keys again for the 100th time and then helped him set up an account on evolvr and he is so excited to see what they come back with and to get to work on his swing.  He is now committed to the long run of changing the picture and understands that there is no magic pill or tip that will make him better instantly.

I will work with him and hopefully this will help get me a practice partner as well so that we can keep motivating each other.

What have you done for a golfer lately?  

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Can I post in here?

Just kidding.

Very cool of you to help your friend, and great idea for a thread!

P.S. Moved it out of the Grill Room. It deserves to be seen more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ask not what you can do for other golfers, but ask what can other golfers do for you.

Now days I enjoy getting help from golfers better than me. I have one special golfing friend that has given me some really excellent advice and tips which have helped me to improve my game.

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Can I post in here?

Just kidding.

Very cool of you to help your friend, and great idea for a thread!

P.S. Moved it out of the Grill Room. It deserves to be seen more.

LOL.. that's not fair.. you are always helping golfers..  Maybe you can share with us moments that really stick out in your mind from time to time though?

8 hours ago, 9wood said:

Ask not what you can do for other golfers, but ask what can other golfers do for you.

Now days I enjoy getting help from golfers better than me. I have one special golfing friend that has given me some really excellent advice and tips which have helped me to improve my game.

That's great.. Maybe you can help that special golfing friend by convincing him to join TST? isn't that the least you can do for him since he has been so gracious in helping you improve your game?  ;-)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

11 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

That's great.. Maybe you can help that special golfing friend by convincing him to join TST? isn't that the least you can do for him since he has been so gracious in helping you improve your game?  ;-)

I would but he doesn't use a computer - has no interest in computers

Given the fact that I have no business telling anyone how to play golf, my helpfulness is usually limited to assisting people who have lost their balls.

I also got one buddy that has been having a tough time financially and have paid his greens fees a few times. Honestly, It's good for me to have someone with me. It helps keep my temper in check.

On January 13, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Abu3baid said:

I wanted to share my excitement that I was able to help a golfer out the other day with their game.  I figured I could start a thread on how any of you have helped someone with their golf game.  I'm thinking it could be in anyway, but share all the details. It could be giving them tips, equipment, paid for their gold ect..

I will obviously start us off.. I convinced my long time playing partner (of almost 3 years now) to join evolvr..  He has always been critical of me talking about picture changing and taking lessons mainly because he never saw my scores getting any better than his.. It all changed a couple of months ago when I started breaking a 100 regularly and now shoot around 95 with a low score of 89 around a month and a half ago..

He is finally convinced that I have started to improve while he is shooting the same scores over a 100.. I helped him take videos of his swing, explained the 5 keys again for the 100th time and then helped him set up an account on evolvr and he is so excited to see what they come back with and to get to work on his swing.  He is now committed to the long run of changing the picture and understands that there is no magic pill or tip that will make him better instantly.

I will work with him and hopefully this will help get me a practice partner as well so that we can keep motivating each other.

What have you done for a golfer lately?  

I would love to help other golfers, but like someone else mentioned.... I have no business giving advice. However, you mentioned some good practical ways to help others... Pointing them to Evolver, paying green fees.... Great job. Maybe someday I can help others more on the advice department.

Dave

I've gotten more than my fair share of help from others, but in terms of helping others out, I've given people tips from time to time when they're struggling with basic issues. Nothing complicated, just basic feels like Key #1 stuff if I see them moving a ton off the ball.

I gave one of my friends my old set of clubs. He hasn't really picked up the game and he moved far enough away that we don't see each other regularly anymore, but he knows he can call me if he wants to get going again.

I've taught people about rules that they didn't know about, but I'm really still learning, myself. Therr have been times where I've saved people a stroke here and their because they didn't know all their available options, for example.

I also convinced @SavvySwede to take an AimPoint class, though that probably had little to do with me at all. I did convince a complete stranger to take an AimPoint class one day when I was putting lights out.

That's probably it. Little stuff.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've helped out a few people including my wife, friends and neighbor's kids. Mostly basics stuff, key 1&2 and short game.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!