IGNORED

What's Your Swing Speed?

Zakko
Note: This thread is 3627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not for nothing, but I believe 98 mph, with an iron, is incredably fast. I've never had my irons ss measured but my driver ss is only 4-6 mph more than that.

Is there sucha a thing as a chart that shows how far the ball should carry when you hit a certain club head speed? I am just curious because when I was buying my new clubs last summer I was at the Golf Town store in Edmonton South and when swinging in the practice room or whatever it called the computer was saying my swing speed was 74MPH. and I think that is a little low for a guy like me. When playing I hit my driver 250+ and have hit it almost 300 a few times. And I just don't think that is possible with that swing speed. I think it is really in the 90's somewhere and their swing speed monitor is off. I have never got my speed measured other than that time so not really sure if this may be true or not, any thoughts?

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Is there sucha a thing as a chart that shows how far the ball should carry when you hit a certain club head speed? I am just curious because when I was buying my new clubs last summer I was at the Golf Town store in Edmonton South and when swinging in the practice room or whatever it called the computer was saying my swing speed was 74MPH. and I think that is a little low for a guy like me. When playing I hit my driver 250+ and have hit it almost 300 a few times. And I just don't think that is possible with that swing speed. I think it is really in the 90's somewhere and their swing speed monitor is off. I have never got my speed measured other than that time so not really sure if this may be true or not, any thoughts?

Do you make your driver shaft flex? Because if your a 74 mph swing speed, you shouldn't be playing stiff. I would assume it's faster though, if the shaft flexes.

My driver swing speed is around mid-high 90's. I could swing faster but at the moment I am hitting them straight so why change. Also, on a hole that dog legs, the drive is measured around the dog leg from the middle of the fairway isn't it? So you may only hit it 230 yards in a direct line, but measuring from the middle of the fairway around the dog leg it could be like 250 yards?

I have only been playing golf for a short time but I have learnt quickly that a drive 230 yards on the fairway is better than a 260 yard drive in the trees.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

rough guide

ball carries 2.4 yards per mph chs - 74mph multiplied by 2.4 = not even close to 250 yards - i wouldnt trust any numbers produced in a golf store where their primary aim is to sell you a golf club. IF you are regularly hitting 250 yards you will be swinging in the mid 90s

ss to bs 1.45 to 1.48 is excellent.

At 74 MPH senoir's flex would be the way to go. At your distance you are probably just under or around the 100 MPH marker. Go have it tested again, and see what it says, if it says the same thing you know it's way off.

Here is one table from this site

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/attachm...7&d;=1187657553 or you can try this site http://www.sonicboomgolf.com/virtual...h_monitor2.php

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

My swing speed is around 100 to 110 with my driver. (85-95 with my 5 iron)

My ball speed is around 155 and my carry is 240-250.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

when i really lay into the ball i can get 110 to 112 but average would be about 105-107.
watch sergio garcia's swing and how at the top he lightens the club by taking it off line thus producing a faster swing speed.this is how i got my speed up

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

if everthing is right launch angle spin all that stuff is right the carry should be mphx3=carry distance

Out of interest, have any of you read any academia that looks in to this, looked up articles relating to the scientific research carried out regarding the effects of weight training on club head speed and distance?

its like clubhead design. the aerodynamics of a club do not increase the speed it is the confidence that is created due to holding a heavier club.

when you think about the equation for kinetic energy Q=m(v)squared if you increase the weight then the speed must be lowered because your body will only generate a certain amount of energy.energy can't be created or destroyed but transferred from 1 form to another. thus proving added weight will not increase your swingspeed. these conclusions were reached by myself in only a few minutes so if any1 sees a problem with my theory please leave me know. i will hopefully become a golf club engineer and solve this problem.

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

If 126 is the ball speed, and assuming mediocre (1.4) contact, the guy's swinging only at 90 MPH. If it's near-perfect contact, he's only swinging at only 84.

My average swing speed is 103.1 mph my ball speed is 147.3 mph i was wondering if you could find my contact average as stated a 1.4 for another gentelmen.

Thanks in advance. And my take on this is it is more then less about contact not swing speed so look at ball speed. you can give any average guy a driver with a 70 gram or litter shaft and tell him to swing as hard as he can and he will get into 110 and above after doing that many times, which is probably why there 20 handicaps they swing as hard as they can but there contact is probably very poor as in like 0.7. i get my swing speed from 6 years of AAA baseball and training to hit further and throw harder as a was a pitcher and i was a very far hitter and a very fast pitcher at 13 with 73 mph pitches some almost 80 so i think its more then oh i have a 123 mph swing speed. So if the 20 handicaps try to claim 170 mph ball speed like the the pros then we call bull.

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

if everthing is right launch angle spin all that stuff is right the carry should be mphx3=carry distance

I don't know cause then guys on tour would be carrying 360 which they don't do a lot of the time and i would be carrying 309 which isn't even close to what i do and my swing speed is right.

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

That's not true, your saying if I have a completely optimized, swing, then with my average 100mph swing, I'm gonna get a 300 yard card? Yeah right, not even close. And my smash factor is very good like 1.46- 1.49 regularly, with some 1.5s sprinkled in.

I never played baseball, yet I went to get my pitch measured and at 14 was averaging 77MPH. I dont think that pitching has much to do with a golf's ss though.

That's not true, your saying if I have a completely optimized, swing, then with my average 100mph swing, I'm gonna get a 300 yard card? Yeah right, not even close. And my smash factor is very good like 1.46- 1.49 regularly, with some 1.5s sprinkled in.

its true i tested this theory if your launch angle driver spin rate PERFECT contact its true it just plainly dont happen that much about 7 monthes ago i went to a pro shop and after about 100-200 drives i got one that was 104mph with a carry of 312 roll out to 326

its true i tested this theory if your launch angle driver spin rate PERFECT contact its true it just plainly dont happen that much about 7 monthes ago i went to a pro shop and after about 100-200 drives i got one that was 104mph with a carry of 312 roll out to 326

No. Ok so your telling me the pros, who have "perfect" swings, should be carrying the ball around 360? Tiger's SS is around 120-130 and I know for a fact he does not carry the ball around 360. Nor 390 for a 130 mph swing. Physics defies your logic, If your hitting down a hill sure, but not on flat land.

Note: This thread is 3627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!