IGNORED

Bridgestone 2016 Tour B330 Lineup

Note: This thread is 3102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

NewB330.jpg.175e7eeb5b3284a585d24255f6af

Bridgestone has a foursome of Tour B330 golf balls hitting the stores this month, a tour design flexed to cover a wide range of golfers.

The 2016 Tour B330 series offers a 2 x 2 matrix of balls. For the 75% of golfers with less than 105 MPH clubhead speed, two models feature an Amatour core – outer region for speed and inner region for less spin – and a soft compression.

•        Tour B330RX.   Delivers added distance.
  •        Tour B330RXS. Delivers added spin.

For golfers with 105 MPH or greater clubhead speed, two models feature a Tour core – outer region for speed and inner region for less spin, and a tour compression to maximize precision ball-striking by better players.

•          Tour B330. Delivers added distance.
  •          Tour B330S. Delivers added spin.

Bridgestone golf ball marketing coordinator Adam Rehberg previewed the 2016 versions for me at the PGA Merchandise show in Orlando, a few weeks prior to the B330 series launch. Innovative features of the series include:

•         Amatour and Tour Cores. Single cores uses a core gradient technology. The core is softer in the center and firmer ias it approaches the outer cover. This increases ball speed and creates less spin off the driver., The Amatour is 28% softer than the average tour ball, allowing for lower compression. The Tour core is 6% larger than the average tour ball, producing similar effect.
  •        Seamless Cover Technology. Creates more consistent ball flight.
  •        Dual Dimple. Smaller inner dimple increases lift on launch, and the larger outer dimple creates a more shallow angle of descent to increase rollout.
  •        SlipRes Cover. This new covering helps in both durability and performance. In Bridgestone  tests, the SlipRes balls were sandblasted, and have higher durability than competing balls.

“The ball cover is softer but more durable  It doesn’t scar as much and is sand abrasion resistant,” said Rehberg. The SlipRes has maximum allowable friction coefficient, increasing stability of flight.

“It has lower spin for longer drives.  And around the green, it sticks to the grooves for increased spin.”

MSRP for a box of a dozen is:  $39.99 for the B330RX and B330RXS; and $44.99 for the B330 and B330S.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will probably give these new balls a try out. I have played the 330s in the past, but normally play their e7 series. I just like the Bridgestone stuff. I consider the e7 an "affordable reward" in their ball line up. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

These balls look like they will be worth trying.  The best will be to get a sleeve of each of the four models and try them all out, and then based on your game select the ones you like.  The only thing to take into consideration is what they cost.  For example will a ball like the Snell offer better performance and value.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• iacas changed the title to Bridgestone 2016 Tour B330 Lineup

I've played Bridgestone before, the whole E series. I'm actually B-Fit for the B330-S now, Not sure I really need a "Tour" ball, but an AmaTour RX would be a little better for me, but I also swing at 107mph or so... so I see why I'm fit for the S as opposed to the RX or RXS.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

... I'm actually B-Fit for the B330-S now, Not sure I really need a "Tour" ball, but an AmaTour RX would be a little better for me, but I also swing at 107mph or so... so I see why I'm fit for the S as opposed to the RX or RXS.

The B330 series 2x2 matrix suggests a starting point for which ball to try first. As for me, I'm usually below 90 MPH. So, I would focus on RX or RXS.

The marketing plan offers the idea that a Tour ball has been tweaked so everyday golfers can use it.  If you're on the MPH line, try 'em all.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

1 hour ago, WUTiger said:

The B330 series 2x2 matrix suggests a starting point for which ball to try first. As for me, I'm usually below 90 MPH. So, I would focus on RX or RXS.

The marketing plan offers the idea that a Tour ball has been tweaked so everyday golfers can use it.  If you're on the MPH line, try 'em all.

Yeah I'll do that, try all four. I'll need to go to the flightscope monitor, to see which one is best for me. With my SS these Duos, don't seem like they are the correct ball fit for me.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I've been using B330-RX balls for the last couple years, and I like 'em.  I bought a box of the new, 2016 versions last week.  The first time I played with then last week they seemed longer than previous versions.  Maybe half a club.  But then this weekend the weather got cold all of a sudden, just barely above 40 and any distance gain was gone.  I'll have to see how they play when the weather gets back for normal.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

On 3/17/2016 at 0:01 PM, pganapathy said:

These balls look like they will be worth trying.  The best will be to get a sleeve of each of the four models and try them all out, and then based on your game select the ones you like. ...

I contacted Adam Rehberg at Bridgestone about whether "sampler packs" like the initial post picture would be for sale. He said no.

I guess you could get a sleeve each of the most likely pair and do a side-by-side.

What I've read is that the 2016 B330's are supposed to be softer, slightly longer, spin more around the greens and have a more durable cover than the older versions.  

Most of the reviews I've seen from other golfers has been positive and consensus is the 2016 version is a definite improvement over the older versions.  

Joe Paradiso

B330s are my absolute favorite ball.  Usually wait for deals then buy.  Just got 2 dozen yesterday for 32.99 p/dz.  Not the best I've ever payed but worth it nonetheless.

Played horrible yesterday but never lost one so I still have 24.  Hope that carries me through the summer but that's wishful thinking.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

On 3/21/2016 at 7:26 PM, WUTiger said:

I contacted Adam Rehberg at Bridgestone about whether "sampler packs" like the initial post picture would be for sale. He said no.

I guess you could get a sleeve each of the most likely pair and do a side-by-side.

I have been trying for a couple weeks to buy a sleeve each of the new B330RX & B330RXS without success. Contacted Bridgestone support who offered suggestions that didn't pan out. Also tried Golf Galaxy, Dicks and Golfsmith without success. The alternative is to spent $80+ for two boxes of 12. Not going to happen, I would stick with my affordable Supersofts. Seems to me it would be to Bridgestones advantage to make these 3 ball sleeves available. Heck I'd settle for just 1 ball of each! Anyone know where to get the sleeves?

Thanks!

I'm not sure how Bridgestone deals with golf shops and distributors on new balls. At a local demo day you might be able to pick up  a couple of two-ball sampler packs. Also, the Bridgestone tent at an expo or demo day usually has a ball fitting station.

Or, you could form a four-person consortium, buy a dozen each of the RX and RXS, and give partners a sleeve of each.

I talked to clerks in a couple of chain golf stores, and the clerks said they only sell golf balls by the dozen. (Except for occasional bins of individual overrun logo balls.)

Golf course pro shops, however, will sell balls by the sleeve. The only problem: Balls that sell for $40 a dozen at the stores sell for about $13 a sleeve at the pro shop ($3 service charge). So, $26 will get you a test sleeve each of RX and RXS; but, it's cheaper than $80 for two dozen.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive already tried the rx330 and its my favorite urethane ball. Doesnt have real high spin for me but holds greens on every approach Ive hit out to 170. ( I rarely hit the green from any further) ball has nice distance and trajectory.  And its pretty good on short chips and pitches  and feels fine off the putter. My driver swing speed is between 85-90. I also loved the yellow!

Note: This thread is 3102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!