IGNORED

What do you wear to the range?

Hardspoon
Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

You're most certainly a better golfer than I, but I wear my golf shoes to the range because a lot of my instructed swing is from trusting the follow through. I've been told to focus on the feel of that left foot left sole weight transfer feels in that follow through, which (for me) feels completely different in my golf shoes vs anything else. That's why I always wear them. Even though practically speaking there is no added benefit. They're made to not slip and slide all over the course in the early morning dew conditions, or playing in wet conditions I think

Edit: Also, I wear the FJ superlites. So when comparing to my normal walkin' around shoes they are completely different

Veering slightly off topic (maybe) I note that Amazon says these Footjoy superlites can be worn off the course. Do you agree?

I don't even wear golf shoes ON the course because it doesn't seem worth the hassle to me to change shoes before and after.

http://www.amazon.com/FootJoy-Closeout-Mens-Superlites-Shoes/dp/B00K5BQT5Y

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

31 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Veering slightly off topic (maybe) I note that Amazon says these Footjoy superlites can be worn off the course. Do you agree?

I don't even wear golf shoes ON the course because it doesn't seem worth the hassle to me to change shoes before and after.

http://www.amazon.com/FootJoy-Closeout-Mens-Superlites-Shoes/dp/B00K5BQT5Y

Some people say they can wear these spikeless ones off the course but I don't like it at all. I actually think they'er more awkward to wear off the course than my spiked FJ's (the removable spikes are softer than the spikeless "cleat" things). 

I wear my regular shoes all the way up to the range, then put on the spikeless right there lol. Unless I'm in a pinch for time. When I play, I put them on by my truck and walk up to the front in them but again, feels awkward to walk in them on pavement. They are excellent on the course though. I'm pretty clumsy so having some type of added traction is a necessity for me

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/20/2016 at 0:40 AM, Ernest Jones said:

I've worn everything from jeans and a grateful dead t-shirt to full golf attire to full business suit with the jacket taken off. Who cares, it's the range. 

Wanted to amend this to add that the only time I don't wear golf shoes to the range is on the rare occasion that I simply don't have them with me, but considering that they typically hang from my bag when not in use, If I have my clubs, I have my shoes.

But I consider golf shoes to be equipment rather than attire.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What I wear depends on the facility. If they have a dress code I'll follow it.  During the daylight I always wear sun protective clothing which includes long pants, long sleeve shirt, and a hat.  I also wear golf shoes unless it's an unplanned visit while on the road and I don't have my golf shoes with me.

13 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

Some people say they can wear these spikeless ones off the course but I don't like it at all. I actually think they'er more awkward to wear off the course than my spiked FJ's (the removable spikes are softer than the spikeless "cleat" things). 

I wear my regular shoes all the way up to the range, then put on the spikeless right there lol. Unless I'm in a pinch for time. When I play, I put them on by my truck and walk up to the front in them but again, feels awkward to walk in them on pavement. They are excellent on the course though. I'm pretty clumsy so having some type of added traction is a necessity for me

Another idea I saw - slip on golf shoes. Maybe an oxymoron. I'm not sure the Canadian company that made them still has them though.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!