IGNORED

What do you wear to the range?

Hardspoon
Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Topic inspired by my wife telling me I "look homeless" as I left the house to go to the (public) driving range.

I usually just wear my workout clothes - since it's cold right now, that's a pair of beat-up sweatpants and a hoodie.  I'm wondering how many people actually wear "golf clothes" even when it's a public range.

• Upvote 1

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most of the time I wear a tee shirt, or sweatshirt when appropriate.  Sometimes a golf shirt since I have tons of them.  I pretty much never wear jeans because they are restricting and even at a public range I think they look tacky.

I try to dress like I'm going to play a round of golf.   That means collared golf shirt and pants that can be shorts or long pants, but not jeans.    Where I play and practice, there are no restrictions on jeans, but it seems like very few people wear them to the course.  

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

Topic inspired by my wife telling me I "look homeless" as I left the house to go to the (public) driving range.

I usually just wear my workout clothes - since it's cold right now, that's a pair of beat-up sweatpants and a hoodie.  I'm wondering how many people actually wear "golf clothes" even when it's a public range.

I used to do this until I started meeting a lot of golfers I play rounds with on the range as well. Better for me to be dressed like playing a round of golf. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I am at the short game practice area right now. Military boots, cargo shorts, dark grey tee shirt, sun glasses, and a panama hat. I am fitting right in with the current crowd. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I don't know why, but I'd rather look like the homeless guy at the range than the tour pro looking hacker. Even if I were good, I think dressing up for the range screams LOOK AT ME I'M AWESOMESAUCE!!!!

But then again, I'm incredibly shallow. Don't mind me. 

Colin P.

1 hour ago, Patch said:

I am at the short game practice area right now. Military boots, cargo shorts, dark grey tee shirt, sun glasses, and a panama hat. I am fitting right in with the current crowd. 

Oh...I should have clarified: I meant the golf practice range, not a shooting range.  ;-)

- John

2 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Topic inspired by my wife telling me I "look homeless" as I left the house ...

Ha ha ha!  This time of year I look homeless going to the course.  Everything is a muddy, wet mess.  I wear some raggedy pants and 3 year old golf shoes.  And today I didn't shave!

Brian Kuehn

I wear golf clothes 9 times out of 10. I will occasionally wear athletic sweatpants (I did today) or even jeans if I'm in a pinch (if I'm in a pinch for time). This always includes my golf shoes. The shoes probably do not affect my swing but they have a completely different "feel" in my swing... so even if people think that's dumb... meh. It's a feel thing for me when I roll to my outer left sole in my follow-through. Feels completely different if I'm not in my golf shoes.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

The 2 ranges I normally go to I'll wear pretty much anything. If I go to a course range I'll wear golf clothes. Mostly because I'm at that course to play a round.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

I just wear my everyday clothes, blue jeans with a simple belt and a plain t-shirt, whenever I go to the golf course unless it's a tournament. Whether I'm just practicing or playing I don't particularly feel the need to change to something else since it's comfortable and nice enough attire for almost any course in Colorado. 

Tournaments and working at the course are the only times I will wear slacks and a polo with a nice belt. Otherwise I wear the same stuff regardless of what I'm doing throughout the day. 

Depends where I'm going. Sometimes golf clothes, sometimes I'll wear a t-shirt instead. At places that are just a range and no course attached, I've worn athletic shorts before.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

2 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Ha ha ha!  This time of year I look homeless going to the course.  Everything is a muddy, wet mess.  I wear some raggedy pants and 3 year old golf shoes.  And today I didn't shave!

Very true about the muddy mess.... At my rural course it's pretty much whatever at this time of year. When I walk off the course I'm spattered with mud up to the knees, since I walk and carry my clubs.so usually the homeless look fits nicely

• Upvote 1

Dave

2 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Oh...I should have clarified: I meant the golf practice range, not a shooting range.  ;-)

Shooting ranges have short game practice areas too? Perhaps I should have clarified better. I was killing time before leading about 30 people on a hike to Hoover Dam along the old railroad trail. :-P

In My Bag:

1 hour ago, Patch said:

Shooting ranges have short game practice areas too? Perhaps I should have clarified better. I was killing time before leading about 30 people on a hike to Hoover Dam along the old railroad trail. :-P

Why not both?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

53 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Why not both?

Years ago there was golf course called Craig Ranch on the north side of the Vegas valley. They actually had a skeet shooting range near the driving range. The city of North Las Vegas bought the place and turned it into a regional park. No more golf or skeet. 

In My Bag:

Note: This thread is 2957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!