IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Google (or use a search engine that isn't evil) "Mexico City kidnapping" and you will likely find that it's a real problem. The state department even has pages on it.

That's beyond the point. It speaks to his immaturity level when something doesn't go his way and again this goes back to his previous comments and general disdain for Mexico. Why didn't Trump Inc. put up the $$$ to sponsor the tournament? I'm sure there will be no safety concerns when the tour players show up there next year.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
Just now, StevenR84 said:

That's beyond the point.

If you say so.

Mexico City seems like a dangerous place, especially if you're worth a few million dollars or more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you say so.

Mexico City seems like a dangerous place, especially if you're worth a few million dollars or more.

But other people who are criminals like Putin, he praises. Hes just so inconsistent and is trying to build this Anti-Mexico rhetoric.

“I've always felt fine about Putin. He's a strong leader, he's a powerful leader. ... He's actually got popularity within his country.” yeah, because I'm sure no one in Russia is deathly afraid to say anything bad about him.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you say so.

Anywhere is a dangerous place if you are worth a few million dollars.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Safe to assume unless you're Robert Allenby wandering off drunk you have little to worry about. Guys like Kuchar aren't exploring seedy places he's taking his kids swimming with dolphins at the resort. Those guys aren't going to be sitting in an old bus with no wheels that's been converted to a taco stand mixing it up with the locals. Mexico City has some very posh areas.

Dave :-)

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Elmer said:

No. The State Dept. doesn't warn against visiting Paris. Or New York City. Or London. Or many other places very often.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

State Dept. isn't warning against visiting Mexico either it specifies don't go to certain places, particularly certain establishments and warns against ridiculously obvious non-essential travel. Some states have no advisories.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. The State Dept. doesn't warn against visiting Paris. Or New York City. Or London. Or many other places very often.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

In the state by state section:

Mexico City (also known as the Federal District): No advisory is in effect.

Also worth noting is that the most current warning on the top of the list is for Europe.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html

Specifically, France.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/europe-travel-alert.html

• Administrator

So are you saying kidnapping is not a concern in Mexico City?

Because if it is I'm not sure what is so wrong with his statement unless you just don't like that he said it in a manner you deem "bad."

Safe to assume he wouldn't have taken a swipe at a European country if it had been moved there. Trump's biggest campaign issue besides making America great again is his wall. Whether it's true or not doesn't mask his intent, it's supposed to be a dig.

He could have chose to thank the tour for their time at Doral. But he didn't stop with his kidnapping dig he feigned a sigh of relief saying he'd make more money with the tournament gone. All of it is uncouth. When I lose a customer I don't  talk shit I wonder what I could have done to retain them. Demonstrates a recurring theme with him, if things don't go his way his response is to say F it I didn't need them anyway. That isn't going to work in the WH.

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

Because if it is I'm not sure what is so wrong with his statement unless you just don't like that he said it in a manner you deem "bad."

I have no opinion on the state of the kidnapping business in Mexico City or anywhere else.  I just googled the State Department info you mentioned and found that you were incorrect in your rebuttal to @Elmer (the state department DOESN'T warn against Mexico City and they DO currently warn against France) so I pointed that out.  That's all.:beer:

1 hour ago, StevenR84 said:

That's beyond the point. It speaks to his immaturity level when something doesn't go his way and again this goes back to his previous comments and general disdain for Mexico. Why didn't Trump Inc. put up the $$$ to sponsor the tournament? I'm sure there will be no safety concerns when the tour players show up there next year.

For what reason should he sponsor a Cadillac Tournament?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yes, it is. I stayed there a couple weeks. All the locals told me to keep a lookout especially in the more "interesting" areas. It's not official, but everyone knows it happens. Usually, they just mug or rob you. It's quicker. . .

Mexico City has less "good places" whereas New York or Chicago have more "good places" and less "bad places".

1 hour ago, StevenR84 said:

But other people who are criminals like Putin, he praises. Hes just so inconsistent and is trying to build this Anti-Mexico rhetoric.

“I've always felt fine about Putin. He's a strong leader, he's a powerful leader. ... He's actually got popularity within his country.” yeah, because I'm sure no one in Russia is deathly afraid to say anything bad about him.

You're getting too defensive with what Trump stated. All he said was implying that Doral is much safer than Mexico City, which as far as I know it is.

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

Most spectators who can afford to travel to distance places to watch a golf tournament probably have more money than the average person. All it takes is having enough to pay something like a $10,000 to $50,000 ransom. . .

Yes, someone would likely kidnap you for $10,000 or less.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

If he has any hopes of the regaining a sponsor and getting the tournament back he could have responded more professionally, if not Presidential.
Something as simple as "I disagree with the PGA, but we are going to work hard to bring back this event to its rightful home"

but once again this is the pattern of a spoiled, narcissist who behaved like a petulant child.

"this is the first time we’ve seen a candidate assume the psychological and reactive profile of a small child. Trump seethed like an irritable 2-year-old instead of exhibiting the kind of restraint and comity we usually associate with a finalist in the presidential sweepstakes."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/donald-trump-2016-two-year-old-213932

Just look- he is defiantly declaring that he will re-open Trump U, because he simply refused to acknowledge the laws and social morals and ethics of the rest of us

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-reopen-trump-university-223829
Because at the end of the day, he is not about "making America great again", he is about "Trump", "Trump", "Trump"!!!!!
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/donald-trump-2016-election/

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

What's most shocking about it is for all practical purposes he is interviewing for a job. It seems like the negative Trump talk is lopsided compared to the others but the guy is a walking WTF factory. It's like watching the Jerry Springer Show.

14 minutes ago, Lihu said:

For what reason should he sponsor a Cadillac Tournament?

Because after this year, it is no longer a Cadillac sponsored tournament. Cadillac pulled their sponsorship, which is why the PGA claimed they moved it. $10 million for a guy like him is pocket change, why not pony up?

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

It may be, but contrary to your claim there are no State Department warnings. There is crime in every country and traveling anywhere as a tourist puts a target on you for criminals. If they would have moved the event to Chicago, do you think he would have made a snarky remark about having murder insurance?

24 minutes ago, Elmer said:

but once again this is the pattern of a spoiled, narcissist who behaved like a petulant child.

What's so childish about saying something to the effect that Doral is safer than Mexico City?

I fail to see how non-Presidential that makes him? Sure, he's kind of blunt like many other*** native New Yorkers, but what he's saying is pretty much true. It's a concern as compared to Doral. He's not blankly comparing USA to Mexico.

***All. :-P

3 minutes ago, StevenR84 said:

Because after this year, it is no longer a Cadillac sponsored tournament. Cadillac pulled their sponsorship, which is why the PGA claimed they moved it. $10 million for a guy like him is pocket change, why not pony up?

Sure, he could have, but the PGA decided to move it from Doral. So, why should he pay anything?

It may be, but contrary to your claim there are no State Department warnings. There is crime in every country and traveling anywhere as a tourist puts a target on you for criminals. If they would have moved the event to Chicago, do you think he would have made a snarky remark about having murder insurance?

Doral is much safer than Mexico City.

I'm sure Trump would have said something similarly appropriate if they moved it to Los Angeles. "I hope they have earthquake insurance." :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

14 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I'm sure Trump would have said something similarly appropriate if they moved it to Los Angeles.

If there is one single thing we've all learned from this election season - and it's proven over and over again, just about daily - it's that the words "Trump" and "appropriate" absolutely do not belong in the same sentence.

Your statement, however, is absolutely true if you just replace "appropriate" with "childish" or "dick-ish" or something on that spectrum.

21 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I'm sure Trump would have said something similarly appropriate if they moved it to Los Angeles. "I hope they have earthquake insurance." :-P

Riiight because he never makes underhanded comments. Just like he made a big deal about being the tournament host but now that it's gone he's basically said good riddance. Surely you've noticed he never has anything gracious to say about anything that doesn't favor him. There are more amiable ways to comment about the tournament moving than hope you don't get kidnapped, don't let the door hit ya because it never made me any money. The money part is extremely puzzling considering he supposedly has the Midas touch. But yeah you're probably right he was just showing genuine concern.

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!