IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (April 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spent an hour and a half at the practice putting green. I worked on pitch shots and keeping my right arm moving through them. I also worked on my putting stroke by using the gate drill. I also focused on my start line. It was good to get some short game work in.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

More fan work. There are large 90 degree oriented mirrors so I fixed my lead shoulder. It was not held down enough. I was a bit too relaxed.

More back swing transitions.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It rained all day, so I putted for 10 minutes on my indoor putting strip. Mainly focused on pushing backward smoothly with left hand on takeaway, and making square contact. 

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

15 minutes at the practice green chipping and short pitches.  Still got the Pachinko greens from the aeration plugs taken out last week.  

Following my swing recording at the simulator, I spent a good part of the day working on two things: 1) Slightly more upright shaft plane on the backswing (I'm below the plane in my current swing), and 2) making a transition move where my left hip goes forward and then begins moving behind me more....the "squat." Using a chair for this as well, feeling like I push the chair slightly away from me with my butt in transition and early downswing.

Self-diagnosis is dangerous but my driver swings especially seem to show me "humping the goat" a bit through impact. Impact position has the right arm way too straight, head moved up and back.

Practiced putting on my club's putting green for about 15 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of greenside shots.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

15 minutes of mirror work before my workout. Focused on setting my hips a bit more forward at set up (thanks Erik) and keeping them centered during back swing. Then flatter shaft at A5 by getting the right elbow more in front with my hips moving forward. Finally, I worked on the pivot and completing my turn with hips and shoulders from A6 to A8.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My wife had outpatient surgery today. I am spending day at hospital.

I re-read Lessons 4 + 5 of Hogan's book. Practiced hip turn from top at side of waiting room. Question: can hip turn alone shift weight back to left foot/side?

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

4/7/16:

Hit balls with every club in my bag except my 58° wedge... Got my spin down around 2300 revs (crappy monitor at Dick's), with my Driver, 107 mph, club speed around 155 ball speed It's getting better, my AoA is sneaking down around -1°, which in it self in a week is a hell of a lot better than -3°, launch is around 13.5°... If I keep working on the shoulder pitch with driveway sticks drill, and keeping my right foot flared at about 30° from perpendicular, and keep my shoulder pitch, I don't lose my balance.

I also might be robbing myself of clubhead speed by gripping the club, what I think is too tight... I really need to loosen my grip by a tick or two, I seem to hit the ball solid more often with slightly less grip pressure. 

But I'm working on keeping my shoulder pitch for now.  @iacas, I want to say, when I do hold the shoulder angle, I don't lose my balance, and my weight shifts over more smoothly. I want to say, thanks, for pointing that out. I will do this drill, before all my range sessions, and when I stretch before my round(s).

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On April 2, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Lihu said:

Backswing transition, and backswing transition while maintaining steady head.

Doing the takeaway and kind of bouncing my arms at the top as slowly as I can to reduce the amount of "stoppage".

Doing these as slowly as I can, then letting it go naturally when I make my actual swings. Never feeling rushed at any point in time. Slow and steady.

Did with fan in hotel. Doing with a bar in factory.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Practiced chipping with 8i for 10 minutes at lunchtime. Trying to make smoother hip turn, not be so handsy. 

Grass marks on center of clubface, shots roll out with good line, just need to get better distance control.

Went to the fitness center and did back swing transition with the cable weights on the universal machine. Also used a stick the had for Pilates to practice my swing using the mirrors on the gym.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

20 minutes at practice green with 7i and 52 gap wedge.  Playing 8 balls, alternating 4 shots with 7i then 4 with gap wedge.  

Ewent to the range today. I spent the entire time working on my backswing specifically shortening it. Ive mad some good progress with it. My main thought is to have my shoulders at 90* at P3.

More putting drills. Working on weight and line. Sometimes I get a little sloppy and the wrists breakdown resulting in a pull. Need more "chase it down the line" feel on the follow through. For some reason, spot putting really seems to help with this. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Doing more weight shift chair drills.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!