IGNORED

Best Shoes for walking

Note: This thread is 3011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 4/5/2016 at 6:31 PM, saevel25 said:

Thanks for the info on the True shoes. I just ordered a couple of pairs.

I have a big toe box. They advertise a 'big toe box' so I'm hoping these fit.

Does anyone remember Bite Golf? Those are the best shoes I have ever owned. Thankfully, I still have a couple of pairs.

I'm really hoping the True shoes fit my big feet. I ordered sizes 13 and 14.

Edited by CCC

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, CCC said:

Thanks for the info on the True shoes. I just ordered a couple of pairs.

I have a big toe box. They advertise a 'big toe box' so I'm hoping these fit.

Does anyone remember Bite Golf? Those are the best shoes I have ever owned. Thankfully, I still have a couple of pairs.

I'm really hoping the True shoes fit my big feet. I ordered sizes 13 and 14.

You won't be disappointed with the True's.  As some have said, the fit and styles were hit-or-miss from one year to the next for a while but I think they've found a nice balance. I love mine and am about to pick up another pair or two for this season.  The wide toe-box makes a world of difference in my opinion - find that i have much better balance and stability because my toes can spread out.  You'll also pay more attention to Ryan Moore on tour as he's a co-founder of True Linkswear and they've offered some crazy sales (like buy one get one free) when he wins. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

I have very bad feet, multiple surgeries, bunions, etc.  The only shoes I can wear reliably are Ecco.  I can wear FJ occasionally.  I've tried Trues but they were the worst.  Nike second worst.  Totally depends on your feet.  

Mark in Colorado

14 minutes ago, loki16 said:

Ecco

Have many others and I always grab the Eccos.

I bought Ecco shoes for years, and agree that they're the most comfortable (I always walk). However, I beat up my shoes (play early when grass is wet, play in rain, cold, etc.) and the waterproof material always failed after 6-9 months, even in the GTX (gor-tex) version of the shoe.

I now wear the Nike Lunar Control 3, and while not quite as comfortable, they're still fine for walking 36 holes and are still waterproof after 1.5 years.

In all honesty, I've never had a pair of golf shoes that weren't comfortable walking in. I've never even spent much, always grabbed shoes on sale for around $60.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I love my pair of Puma Ignite spikeless shoes. I've tried Footjoys, Ecco, Nike.... These Pumas are by far the most comfortable. I couldn't make it 9 holes with the Footjoys or the Ecco. The Footjoys were spiked and the spikes under the big toe joint were a problem on my right foot. With the Ecco spikeless shoes, it was where the tongue of the shoe was attached - right over the big toe joint, and this caused severe pain. See, I had to wear heels for several years and they destroyed my feet. 

Puma Ignite spikeless are perfect over that joint. I'd recommend a better insert for arch support, however. I just slip my custom supports in the shoes.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

True Linkswear.

I gave them a try a month or so ago based on the talk on this forum.  Now I have two pair and I bought a pair for my wife.  Most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn.  (Btw, they run small, buy 1/2 size larger than what you normally wear.)

On 4/7/2016 at 8:52 AM, Mr. Desmond said:

...I've since gone to spikeless in Ecco Biom Hybrid 2 and the Hybrid 2 in GTX (goretex). They also have a spike design that is comfortable that is the Biom Lace - very comfortable/supportive and on sale now (not $240, but found at $135). The last and design of the Biom Lines are based on analysis of over 2500 athletes. It is a minimalist shoe in the vein of True and I find Ecco more comfortable and supportive...

I have myself changed to Ecco Biom Hybrid three years ago after wearing FJ's for years - Ecco was one of the first (if not the very first) who brought out a spikeless shoe a few years ago (remember Fred Couples sporting them for the first time in his most casual of ways?)

I struggle with spike pressure when playing more than two rounds a week, as I carry a rather heavy bag - the Ecco's really made a difference in terms of support and overall comfort.

• 1 month later...

I have always liked the FJ Contours - really comfortable IMO and a traditional looking golf shoe. I also have a couple of pairs of the Ecco BIOM Hybrid shoes, which I started wearing this year. I also find them to be really comfortable.

I remember having cheap golf shoes as a kid that were made of some hard man-made material, and they just annihilated you - uncomfortable, blisters, just horrible. Hand me downs from my Dad if I remember. We've come a long way - lots of choice in style, price points, quality and comfort for all! 

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note: This thread is 3011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!