IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 9 hole practice round trying new driver, (new to me). Has 11.5 .

Then back to inside net 30 minute My tee shot drill and 10 minutes chipping.

Under construction, signature and game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spent about 5-10 minutes working on slow, full swings with a practice club.  Focused on keeping my head still through "impact".

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Reviewed latest lesson feedback. Mirror work for alignments at A4,5,6. Slow motion swings in mirror. No range due to rain. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Got in 15 minutes of putting practice at sunset, between two rain storms.

The alignment stripe on my putter and the parallel lines on the KickX Tour.Z golf balls are really starting to work together. I get the two in tandem, and all the tension leaves my body as I stroke the putt.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to get a Vokey wedge fitting on Titleist Thursday. I'm supposed to call the course in the morning to make sure the practice range isn't waterlogged.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Lesson day today, a really interesting lesson based on adding hinge and removing a bit of extra 'lift' in my backswing. Also ran through small pitches and was pleased to be taught a very similar method to that espoused on TST.

Hi, My name is Matt.

Took video at the range. First day in a while without rain. I think we are nearing a record for consecutive days. Radio guy said this rain was like "Cal Ripken": something you can rely on day in and day out, consistent and reliable, but nothing that is too spectacular. But it has been enough to keep me from getting my camera wet.

Executed the drills from my last lesson. Recorded video, and reviewed to make some corrections. Picture looking better slow speed, but as I speed up, still reverting back. Posting to my swing thread.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Doing My tee shot drill at range 65 balls with driver and 3w and 20 balls pitching with GW and 9i. Also doing 2 PSR before hitting ball. Seem to help my tempo so that I'm not stuck in body freeze standing over tee ball. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Spending some range time "mapping" my swing. Basically, doing slow motion swings and trying to replicate the "pressure" points of an actual swing but while moving very slowly and controlled.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played 9 holes today.  

I had two "rules":

1.  Use Driver, then nothing longer than a 7I.

2.  Take a nice, easy swing and don't try to crush the ball.

Overall, I was successful with both goals.  I only topped a few balls.  Unfortunately, I had a few lost balls that killed my score.  The funny thing is that by swinging "nice and easy", I ended up getting more distance than normal.  For example, I usually expect to hit my 7I about 140yds on a good day.  On the last hole, I hit it 164!

Still, though, with bad putting and lost/wet balls, I ended up with a 62.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Started with early morning workout... included core conditioning, TrueStretch eight-station golf set, and 24 minutes on elliptical machine.

In afternoon I had a Vokey wedge fitting on Titleist Thursday at an area course. The flatboard test shows me to have a sweeper/neutral swing. From the Trackman data, I might be able to go with Vokey mix of 48* F-grind, 54* S-grind and 58* (probably S-grind). This would mean the 48* would sub for both PW (46*) and GW (50*).

In Vokey comparisons, for some reason the 50* and 54* were only about 5 yards apart in distance. I tried some Vokey 60* wedges, but as with most other 60*, distance control just wasn't that good. The 58* S-grind and K-grind gave better results. K-grind has more bounce, but S-grind seems to move through deep turf better. 

I'm reconsidering my bag mix this season. Also, I have the KickX wedges inbound (hopefully) in a couple of weeks. So, I'm not sure Vokey will join bag this year.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

5/12/16:

Played 27 holes today... and still suck at golf. I shot 85 the first 18.  And 42 ish the last nine. Inside 100 yards stinks. My longer shots were just OK I hit like 5 greens the first 18 and 2 the last 9 holes... I need a lot of work on my proximity to the hole... Although I did just misclub on quite a few iron shots misjudged the wind a couple times. For instance on the 7th hole which was playing 165 to the back hole location I completely misjudged the wind and went long. On the 9th hole I had 141 to the hole (into the wind and off the right) and the off the right affected it more than I played for. I did hit a legitimate 272 yard drive today on 5. I plastered a few drives not downwind.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6 hours ago, Lihu said:

Spending some range time "mapping" my swing. Basically, doing slow motion swings and trying to replicate the "pressure" points of an actual swing but while moving very slowly and controlled.

Hit a few good balls. Tried the PIng i25 PWR55-S again, but all my shots were low flying long rolling shots. Not sure why. I'll have to experiment. Hit some decent 5i shots and terrible 4i shots. Getting better at the longer irons, but still have a ways to go.

Practiced the slow swings every time I changed clubs and it helped me hit good shots. I might try to use this as a pre-shot routine. Slooooow motion swings sure to drive any opponent crazy. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

30 mins at the range today, just trying to cement in the changes from my lesson yesterday before the weekend's round. 

Hi, My name is Matt.

Had my league round yesterday. I didn't a nice bit of stretching at lunch. I warmed up at the range with a small bucket and felt pretty good. But the round was painfully slow because they let two groups go ahead of us. 2:45 for nine holes. :pound: My back and hips stiffened up standing around. I had to really focus to make good drives and iron shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Lesson today.  My first one after discovering the "Secret of Golf" (ie - not hitting at the ball), lol.  As I thought, my lesson experience is totally different now.  In the past, I would leave each lesson totally confused but with a position to imitate and a drill or 2 to help me get it.  Then I would research every drill I could find that is supposed to do the same thing and cycle through them until I found one that made what seemed to be the right change on video.  Then I'd go back for another lesson.  A lot of times, I was on the right track, a lot of times, not. 

Today we worked on my weight shift and allowing the club to whip past my body into impact - ie - get rid of the huge (but increasingly smaller) forward thrust move I have into impact. 

The difference was that I understood everything we were trying to do.  I totally "Get it" . .doesn't mean I can do it . .but I know what it is I'm trying to do, lol. 

I am on my way from being a pretty horrible student to a pretty good one. 

Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!