IGNORED

Mickelson to Pay SEC

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 1163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

God, do I miss George Carlin! The man was not only funny, but brilliant.

As for why Harry Reed isn't in jail, I've been asking the same thing for years! Why isn't anybody looking at this guy? But then he had the graciousness to retire, and now, as Carlin says, no one cares!

And Congress is exempt from insider trading! What a surprise! God only knows what they AREN'T exempt from!

• Upvote 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

God, do I miss George Carlin! The man was not only funny, but brilliant.

As for why Harry Reed isn't in jail, I've been asking the same thing for years! Why isn't anybody looking at this guy? But then he had the graciousness to retire, and now, as Carlin says, no one cares!

And Congress is exempt from insider trading! What a surprise! God only knows what they AREN'T exempt from!

NO Politics.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 years later...
b1ef8340-5c38-11eb-9f7f-291aa188cc39

Donald Trump's White House said that Phil Mickelson was one of several who sponsored the move to commute Billy Walters' sentence.

Maybe coming back to bite at him a little. He was named, along with Harmon, Feherty, and peter jacobsen as those who vouched for Walters for his release on the former president’s last day. His lawyer denied everything. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, phillyk said:
b1ef8340-5c38-11eb-9f7f-291aa188cc39

Donald Trump's White House said that Phil Mickelson was one of several who sponsored the move to commute Billy Walters' sentence.

Maybe coming back to bite at him a little. He was named, along with Harmon, Feherty, and peter jacobsen as those who vouched for Walters for his release on the former president’s last day. His lawyer denied everything. 

I dunno. If you get off, but think your friend should have also gotten off, what's the risk in vouching for him?

From Phil's perspective, I mean?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

The Feds have been protecting Mickelson all along. They didn't go after him for the Billy Walters insider trading deal, and they didn't go after him for the gambling debt payoff (~$3M). There is a rumor as to why, but I can't confirm it so won't repeat it here. Bottom line is Smiley McGambler can pretty much do what he wants and let others take the hit for him. 🙃

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

On 2/17/2021 at 6:56 AM, ssbn611 said:

There is a rumor as to why, but I can't confirm it so won't repeat it here.🙃

Then why mention it?

I have heard a lot of things about you. Some actually quite horrific. I can't confirm them, so I won't repeat them. Does that sound fair?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

https://www.law360.com/articles/1269379/how-to-fight-relief-defendant-status-in-sec-actions

Lots of interesting stuff about what a relief defendant is.  From the description of what happened, and the info in this article, I'm in the 'he's lucky to not be in jail' camp.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 1163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!