IGNORED

I am playing in the US Mid-AM qualifier, but I need your help.

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you play the tournament without gamegolf, your pre-routine will be different. Try it first and decide then if it feels comfortable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, MacDutch said:

If you play the tournament without gamegolf, your pre-routine will be different. Try it first and decide then if it feels comfortable.

Ive played without it before. Usually I end up tapping my hip with the club before I hit anyways. Its kind of like Jason Day standing behind his tee shot for 30 seconds, but my pre shot routine is maybe 7-10 seconds.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

So I know its not that serious of a tournament. It will be cool and fun no matter how I play. 

Last night I chipped and putted and hit about 15-20 wedge shots to the 75 yard green. Played #1 and made a standard 2 putt par with my wife. Plan on doing the same tonight. 

I'm itching to play. My Saturday off day I'm sure Ill be anxious. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

I wish you all the best at the qualifier. Your recent scoring history...with 14 of your last 16 rounds in the 80's or higher...is a bit concerning, but just relax and play your game. As others have pointed out, this is really not a big deal. Enjoy the experience, and just take it a shot at a time. Good luck!

22 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

So I know its not that serious of a tournament. It will be cool and fun no matter how I play. 

Last night I chipped and putted and hit about 15-20 wedge shots to the 75 yard green. Played #1 and made a standard 2 putt par with my wife. Plan on doing the same tonight. 

I'm itching to play. My Saturday off day I'm sure Ill be anxious. 

Former Arkansan here, been following this thread and wanted to send some good luck your way. Hit'em long, hit'em straight and most of all, enjoy the event. You have earned your way in now just relax and let this be the first of many events.

WPS!

• Upvote 1

hey kyle. fellow mid-amer here. i had my qualifying yesterday. great to see another competitor on the forum. the only advice i can think of that would be useful this close to your tournament is don't treat it like it's a huge deal. definitely easier said than done, but really wanting to play well for that qualifying round will subconsciously do more harm than good. treat it like it's just like any other round of golf, focusing on each shot as it comes. stay positive, no matter how terribly or great you hit your previous shot. and don't worry about the results. whatever happens happens! in the grand scheme of your golf career, it's just one round. good luck!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Is there any way we can follow this tournament and your progress online in real time?

I would imagine that for qualifying rounds, they probably don't have scorers keeping track during the rounds.  However, in looking at the usga page, it seems like it's updated fairly quickly as both of today's qualifying rounds results are up.

32 minutes ago, yai said:

hey kyle. fellow mid-amer here. i had my qualifying yesterday. great to see another competitor on the forum. the only advice i can think of that would be useful this close to your tournament is don't treat it like it's a huge deal. definitely easier said than done, but really wanting to play well for that qualifying round will subconsciously do more harm than good. treat it like it's just like any other round of golf, focusing on each shot as it comes. stay positive, no matter how terribly or great you hit your previous shot. and don't worry about the results. whatever happens happens! in the grand scheme of your golf career, it's just one round. good luck!

Good advice.  P.S.  Did you, by chance, shoot a 68 and qualify?!???  Well done!! :beer:

yes sir! thank you. it's crazy. never played in any usga events, and this year i get to go to two! qualified for the am as well. hard work pays off. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, yai said:

yes sir! thank you. it's crazy. never played in any usga events, and this year i get to go to two! qualified for the am as well. hard work pays off. 

Wow, congrats. I am looking forward to the experience on Monday. I heard from a friend who played his practice round Wednesday and he said all of the par 3's are over 200 yards. A friend that overheard that says, woah! I just shrugged my shoulders. I was already expecting that and have been playing my par 3's at my home course from 210-225 already. Last round today before my practice round Sunday.

I am going to use my Game Golf for the practice round and will share it with you guys. I dont plan on using it for the actual qualifying round. 

Kyle Paulhus

13 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I would imagine that for qualifying rounds, they probably don't have scorers keeping track during the rounds.  However, in looking at the usga page, it seems like it's updated fairly quickly as both of today's qualifying rounds results are up.

Not fast enough.

I think we need @kpaulhus's caddie to give us info in real time using Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, Facebook Live, and Instagram. :-D

• Upvote 2

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

25 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Not fast enough.

I think we need @kpaulhus's caddie to give us info in real time using Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, Facebook Live, and Instagram. :-D

Maybe not a good idea.  Its not against the rules to use an electronic device for those purposes, but just having a phone out could raise suspicions.  We may just have to wait for the news.

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

Maybe not a good idea.  Its not against the rules to use an electronic device for those purposes, but just having a phone out could raise suspicions.  We may just have to wait for the news.

I was kidding.  Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was kidding.  Haha

After the nearly real-time reporting that was done through the Newport Cup matches last fall, the idea seemed pretty reasonable to me.  I bet we'd have lots of TST members waiting for a report on every shot on every hole.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

3 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was kidding.  Haha

I got an even better idea.  Let us send someone who lives in the area to walk the course and follow Kyle and give us live updates.  No restriction on fans using phones :banana:

• Upvote 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

14 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

I got an even better idea.  Let us send someone who lives in the area to walk the course and follow Kyle and give us live updates.  No restriction on fans using phones :banana:

It's NW Arkansas ... From the way kyle describes it, nobody else lives there. ;)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

It's NW Arkansas ... From the way kyle describes it, nobody else lives there. ;)

At least, not voluntarily.  :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Dave

haha at least not many people on TST. We live in a nice little bubble here. Not a ton of people, but Walmart, Tyson, and the University of Arkansas have created a nice area to live in.

My bag will be as light as possible so I don't kill my buddy. It was 105* here yesterday. The blessings doesn't allow phones or tobacco on the course, anyways. Ill take a picture of the leader board after the post all the scores and hopefully give you guys an update Monday afternoon. 

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 2744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!