IGNORED

Dallas Sniper

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

Here are the numbers I'd like to see, how many blacks and whites were assaulted by police officers when they treated the officers with respect and followed the directions of the officer.  

I would still say the chance of a black person being treated more aggressively by a cop would still be higher even if they acted respectful. 

I ask, how many cops going into a situation with a black person having a presumption of getting an aggressive attitude or action against them? That could easily influence if a cop enters the engagement more on guard and more hostile towards any sort of threat, or even miss interpret an action as a threat. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I would still say the chance of a black person being treated more aggressively by a cop would still be higher even if they acted respectful. 

I ask, how many cops going into a situation with a black person having a presumption of getting an aggressive attitude or action against them? That could easily influence if a cop enters the engagement more on guard and more hostile towards any sort of threat, or even miss interpret an action as a threat. 

That's possible, there could be predispositions on the officers part that causes the situation to escalate, especially in inner cities.  

I have a number of friends and acquaintances that are not white.  They are professionals and during our discussions about these types of incidents they claim they've never had issues with police officers beyond the jerk attitude I have seen myself.  They also are quick to point out they are respectful and follow directions as I do. 

My small group of friends in no way represents what the rest of the country sees, but it does indicate that the aggressive attitudes the media portrays isn't universal.  

My family members and friends who are police officers (one in Dallas) tell me their #1 goal every day is to get home safely to their families which given the increased tensions could make them more defensive and less tolerant.  

Joe Paradiso

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Complete speculation and my guess is absolutely untrue.  There are 10s of millions of cop interactions each year, proportionately more with blacks, just given the statistics.  If the civilian has a polite, respectful demeanor, the cop would have no reason to be aggressive.  If he was predisposed to treat a respectful citizen harshly, it wouldn't matter the color.  All of us have dealt with asshole cops.  

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

8 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Complete speculation and my guess is absolutely untrue.  There are 10s of millions of cop interactions each year, proportionately more with blacks, just given the statistics.  If the civilian has a polite, respectful demeanor, the cop would have no reason to be aggressive.  If he was predisposed to treat a respectful citizen harshly, it wouldn't matter the color.  All of us have dealt with asshole cops.  

In many of the cases where excessive police officer violence or death has occurred, the victims had prior convictions and were likely known by the police.  This could influence the manner in which the police engage the suspect and how the suspect responds, especially if parole or probation violations are involved.    

Joe Paradiso

8 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

In many of the cases where excessive police officer violence or death has occurred, the victims had prior convictions and were likely known by the police.  This could influence the manner in which the police engage the suspect and how the suspect responds, especially if parole or probation violations are involved.    

Of course it would but @saevel25 implied agressiveness based solely on skin color, which I reject wholly.  

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Great facebook post by an African American Cop.  

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/archives/28400-Black-lives-do-not-seem-to-matter-much-to-black-Americans.html#extended

Probably his best point:

"All of my realizations came to this conclusion. Black Lives do not matter to most black people. Only the lives that make the national news matter to them. Only the lives that are taken at the hands of cops or white people, matter. The other thousands of lives lost, the other black souls that I along with every cop, have seen taken at the hands of other blacks, do not matter. Their deaths are unnoticed, accepted as the “norm”, and swept underneath the rug by the very people who claim and post “black lives matter” ."

officer.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

^^^^^

WOW!!

Well said though, and I tend to agree.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

24 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Great facebook post by an African American Cop.  

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/archives/28400-Black-lives-do-not-seem-to-matter-much-to-black-Americans.html#extended

Probably his best point:

"All of my realizations came to this conclusion. Black Lives do not matter to most black people. Only the lives that make the national news matter to them. Only the lives that are taken at the hands of cops or white people, matter. The other thousands of lives lost, the other black souls that I along with every cop, have seen taken at the hands of other blacks, do not matter. Their deaths are unnoticed, accepted as the “norm”, and swept underneath the rug by the very people who claim and post “black lives matter” ."

officer.jpg

Thanks for posting and 100% accurate.  

Joe Paradiso

interesting article

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times as great as the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

4 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

interesting article

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times as great as the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

Like I said earlier, that number doesn't factor in the percentage of overall number of crimes committed by blacks and whites.  If black people commit fives times more crimes than white people (I'm not saying that's the statistic just using as an example) then their interactions with police officers are 5x higher than white people which normalizes the number of those shot and killed.  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

Like I said earlier, that number doesn't factor in the percentage of overall number of crimes committed by blacks and whites.  If black people commit fives times more crimes than white people (I'm not saying that's the statistic just using as an example) then their interactions with police officers are 5x higher than white people which normalizes the number of those shot and killed.  

Let's not just pull numbers out of thin air though.. The number above is interaction with unarmed people..  Did you read the article?

image.png

Plus they don't commit 5 times the number of violent crimes.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

15 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Let's not just pull numbers out of thin air though.. The number above is interaction with unarmed people..  Did you read the article?

image.png

Plus they don't commit 5 times the number of violent crimes.

Did you not read the facebook post from the police officer above. African Americans make up about 13% of the population and Caucasians make up almost 64%, I would say that at least for homicides it is 5 times more.

Fact: Black People commit a grossly disproportionate amount of crime. Data from the FBI shows that Nationwide, Blacks committed 5,173 homicides in 2014, whites committed 4,367. Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined. Chicago’s death toll from 2001–November, 26 2015 stands at 7,401. The combined total deaths during Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-2015: 4,815) and Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan (2001-2015: 3,506), total 8,321.

And from the article you posted:

But it is true that a disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes are committed by black Americans.

Because detailed FBI data on crime can lag by several years, the most-cited statistics on this point refer to 2009 data. According to that data, out of all violent crimes in which someone was charged, black Americans were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the country’s 75 biggest counties — despite the fact that black Americans made up just 15 percent of the population in those places.

I don't know the answer to all of this, but as the police officer noted, until All Black Lives Matter, as well as every one else's lives, and we are heading in the wrong direction.      

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Wow... I wonder how many people have this misguided view. It makes me said to think anyone would label this guy a martyr.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/former-miss-alabama-suspended-from-tv-gig-for-calling-dallas-sniper-a-‘martyr’/ar-BBufD7w?li=BBnbfcL 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

5 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Wow... I wonder how many people have this misguided view. It makes me said to think anyone would label this guy a martyr.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/former-miss-alabama-suspended-from-tv-gig-for-calling-dallas-sniper-a-‘martyr’/ar-BBufD7w?li=BBnbfcL 

Too many, which is why we are where are today.  Media infers a narrative that every interaction between a white cop and a black guy will end in gunfire.  Our government hasn't tried to dispel this lie with the facts so the uninformed  actually believe it.  

Truth be told, if I thought it were true, I might feel the same way as this chick.

Found the below story interesting regarding Dallas, open carry and how "good guys" with a gun were able to stop a bad guy!

"the exact reason gun rights activists often give to justify “guns everywhere” bills is false. They don’t keep people safe, they put people’s lives at risk by causing chaos."

"it’s logical to say that in a shooting situation, open carry can be detrimental to the safety of individuals"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/texas-open-carry-laws-blurred-lines-between-suspects-and-marchers.html?_r=0

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/dallas-mayor-calls-bs-on-open-carry-it-didnt-help-during-shooting-and-made-things-much-worse/

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

There seems to be a lot of debate between either BlackLivesMatter or supporting the police.   It seems to be either/or.   BlackLivesMatter is a specific response to issues with being black and police interactions.  Supporting the police is trying to understand the difficult job that they have and giving them reasonable leeway when things go wrong (IMO that's what it means to me).

Those are not mutually exclusive.   I would say that I support the BlackLivesMatter as a way to help people realize that there can be issues and work to change them, and I support the police both for the overwhelming good job they do for us, and it doesn't make sense to build them up as something to fear.

—Adam

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/12/obama-mentions-himself-45-times-during-memorial-speech-for-dallas-officers/

Who says a narcissist can't be POTUS?  I'm sure the families were thrilled.  Despicable human being.

10 hours ago, Gunther said:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/12/obama-mentions-himself-45-times-during-memorial-speech-for-dallas-officers/

Who says a narcissist can't be POTUS?  I'm sure the families were thrilled.  Despicable human being.

Would it have mattered what he said or if he even showed up? Your hate for him is very apparent and I question if it is really only his policies that bother you. It is blindly obvious that you have an issue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!