IGNORED

Shot first par 5 birdie today!

Gfleck067
Note: This thread is 2837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well as the title says I shot my first birdie on a par 5 roughly 520 yards.   

The twist on this is I was not shooting a driver I am worried the head is going to come off due to the shaft spinning.  And my 3wood hates me with a passion so I was shooting a cobra baffler 4hybrid off the ground no tee. First shot went straight as an arrow around 190 yards. Second shot I bombed 245 yards with a 4h then to a 85yard sand wedge shot which landed 10-14' from the pin on a uphill put. Took a breathe did my think and sank that putt like I have done it 100 times. Even tho I shot 100 today my putter was actually doing ok on most of the holes. Made 1'birdie 5 pars.  3 holes I had a lot of problems with I can get on the green in 2 on a par 4 and 5 put ?  Happened 3 times today. I realized I was playing to fast so I slowed down and it seemed to help.  And the 18 I 5 putted was moving fast and got frustrated.  I'll take a 100 considering playing 16 holes with a 4 hybrid.

• Upvote 2

You're an 11.4 index and this is your first birdie on a Par 5? Something isn't right here.

Not to mention an 11.4 index hitting hybrids off the tee.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

On July 11, 2016 at 0:46 AM, Aguirre said:

You're an 11.4 index and this is your first birdie on a Par 5? Something isn't right here.

what do you mean by that? To high to low? Have a thing on my phone that calculates it today said 13.1 only been playing for around a year seriously 

i had no choice my driver is broken the shaft is spinnin in the head you can move the shaft and hear a pop and my 3wood I do not like so I shot a 4hybrid off of the grass. I can hit that club rather well 

I mean that your index is too low due to the fact that you're miscalculating it or are just some massive liar. I don't have any reason to think that you're some massive liar so I assume you're doing it wrong. Right now I'm above an 11.4 (cries) and I've probably had ten birdies this year, several on Par 5s. 

"Witty golf quote."

Idk plug all my scores into this app on my phone which is a saying a 13.1.  Idk if it is wrong or not pick the coarse and tee box and it adds it for you.  

I have made a few birdies just normally not on par 5  due to my driver goin everywhere because the shaft is moving on contact 

the picture is a screen shot from my phone a few seconds ago

image.png

Okay, you only have eight scores posted. Which means your index is based on just two rounds, and you have two good rounds. And those rounds, BTW, are insanely good compared to your other scores. A 113 after an 80?

My guess is that you're more likely something like a 25.

"Witty golf quote."

Here is the rest of my scores.  

The 80s are at my home coarse green garden I go there at least once a week If I get time.  And on the weekends me and my buddy go somewhere new we haven't played the same coarse twice which idk if you can accurately calculate a handicap or not isn't it 5 scores at the same coarse? Which is why I found this app so It could figure an handicap when I have t gone to the same place twice yet 

image.png

You are the most inconsistent golfer I've ever seen.

EDIT--I mean, my handicap is currently higher than yours. I almost never shoot over 100. Twice in like the last sixteen years. Hundreds of rounds. And those days were AMAZING disasters.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

And for the record I've never carried a handicap never played seriously enough for one now I am actually trying to get better and play as much as I can I figured I'd try to keep a handicap.  

Dont think I'm gettin pissy or snippy with you because that is not the case I just want to learn and educate myself as much as I can and if I messed something up here is the information I habe and if something isn't right I'd like someone to point it out or guide me in the right direction because I'm just kinda trying to figure this out alone

• Upvote 1

On the surface I would agree with Aguirre in that you have a lot of 80's, but then a lot of 100's. It doesn't seems normal. But I don't know you from Adam, and from what I read from you, you seem like an honest guy... but admittedly, someone who regularly shoots in the 80's should not regularly shoot in the 100's. 

At any rate, congrats on the birdie! And let's get that driver fixed so that more birdies will come

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Aguirre said:

6 hours ago, Aguirre said:

I mean that your index is too low due to the fact that you're miscalculating it or are just some massive liar. I don't have any reason to think that you're some massive liar so I assume you're doing it wrong. Right now I'm above an 11.4 (cries) and I've probably had ten birdies this year, several on Par 5s. 

5 hours ago, Aguirre said:

Okay, you only have eight scores posted. Which means your index is based on just two rounds, and you have two good rounds. And those rounds, BTW, are insanely good compared to your other scores. A 113 after an 80?

My guess is that you're more likely something like a 25.

5 hours ago, Aguirre said:

You are the most inconsistent golfer I've ever seen.

EDIT--I mean, my handicap is currently higher than yours. I almost never shoot over 100. Twice in like the last sixteen years. Hundreds of rounds. And those days were AMAZING disasters.

What is the point of hijacking a thread with this criticism? He is excited about getting a birdie and you decide to critique his handicap. Poor form on your part.

@Gfleck067,

Congrats on your birdie.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The few 80s I have had were either at a rather easy short coarse were pars are a drive chip and 2 putt like 300 yard holes there is a bunch of them on thst coarse. Or the place I play every week and starting to figure out the greens and where I need to place the ball 

thank you boogielicious. He can criticize all he wants won't bother me It is my honest scores and i can see why people wouldn't believe it.

Congrats Gfleck!  I did much the same on Sat.

I only have 8 rounds in this year and 2 are on courses I have never played.

I did get my first bird of the year on Sat.  Par 5, 521 yds, 8th hardest hole.

Sweet driver down the middle, 4 iron to 88 yds, wedge to 22 feet.

Drained that put for the bird!  It was nice.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

14 hours ago, Gfleck067 said:

Idk plug all my scores into this app on my phone which is a saying a 13.1.  Idk if it is wrong or not pick the coarse and tee box and it adds it for you.  

@Gfleck067 - I put your scores into a spreadsheet and it appears to be calculating it correctly assuming the differentials are good. 

Congrats on the birdie!

Getting that first birdie on a par-5 is big time stuff. Congratulations

As far as the handicap goes, as long as the lower of your real score or ESC is what is showing up in the screen, you're straight. Not that I think you have this problem, but one mistake I initially made with my ghin HI was ignoring the ESC part as I was inputting hole-by-hole. Ended up posting an 85 when I really had a 91 because one of the ESC slots was left blank. That was a pain in the butt.

4 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

@AguirreI'm equally inconsistent.  Just click on my GameGolf if you want to see.

Know  that feeling ahahah

can drive amazing a few holes then a slice from hell the next 

Note: This thread is 2837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!