IGNORED

RNC

Elmer
Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Watching this thread, so let's keep it civil on both sides please!

watching you.gif

:beer:

22 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Voting 3rd party imo is handing HRC the key to the White House.  I'll vote for Trump and hope for the best.  

I believe it, I'm not as liberal socially as you but more towards the middle and definitely fiscally conservative.  

In a lot of polls they show that Gary Johnson is taking votes from both Hillary and Trump. Stein is definitely picking up the Sander's voters, which could hurt Hillary. I'm not so sure how the 3rd party plays out. I don't think it is clear cut as Nader taking votes away from Gore. 

Politifact did some good fact checking. Lots of false statements from last night :) 

A pretty audacious one is Trump makes claim he got the RNC to pick Ohio. 
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/18/donald-trump/trump-says-without-proof-he-recommended-ohio-gop-c/

The one thing I liked is that Kasich didn't show up at the RNC. He refuses to support Trump and stands by it. I like that he doesn't bow down to the typical high school peer pressure or the bullying done by the RNC and the Trump organization. 

The most interesting thing about the RNC is that Colbert is still awesome,

:offtopic:Stephen lays down the hammer on Carolina BBQ :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Voting 3rd party imo is handing HRC the key to the White House.  

Libertarian is actually classical liberalism (freedom with self responsibility) - if voters 'really' understood the platform, it would likely take more votes from Dems than Reps.  Unfortunately, the average Dem has been falsely indoctrinated into believing it's some weird kind of anarchism and they are too full of kool-aid to take the effort.

In any case, the party is taking votes from both sides and at least one can vote for a philosophy that actually tries to let people live their own lives more than the current two parties that want to hump your leg just because they can and are essentially social bullies and fiscal thieves.

Bill - 

20 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Libertarian is actually classical liberalism (freedom with self responsibility) - if voters 'really' understood the platform, it would likely take more votes from Dems than Reps.  Unfortunately, the average Dem has been falsely indoctrinated into believing it's some weird kind of anarchism and they are too full of kool-aid to take the effort.

In any case, the party is taking votes from both sides and at least one can vote for a philosophy that actually tries to let people live their own lives more than the current two parties that want to hump your leg just because they can and are essentially social bullies and fiscal thieves.

In a two party system it's hard to get past voting for a third party is akin to not voting.  It's a chicken and egg problem, we can't introduce a legitimate 3rd party into the mix until there's enough support for it but few (including myself) want to support a 3rd party that's basically considered irrelevant on election day and risk the worser candidate getting elected.    

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

In a two party system it's hard to get past voting for a third party is akin to not voting.  It's a chicken and egg problem, we can't introduce a legitimate 3rd party into the mix until there's enough support for it but few (including myself) want to support a 3rd party that's basically considered irrelevant on election day and risk the worser candidate getting elected.    

True, I still blame my dad for Clinton (in jest).  He voted Perot in '92.  I jack with him and let him know we wouldn't even know who Crooked Hillary is without his vote for Perot.  He regrets the vote now but was all-in back then.  The only way I would vote for a 3rd party is if I was confident the opponent of whom that 3rd party guy took away votes wasn't dangerous.  Maybe I could vote Jill Stein.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I don't see how this topic doesn't end up like the Presidential Race and DJT threads. 

This was my favorite part of the night. 

1432581_630x354.jpg

- Mark

6 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Voting 3rd party imo is handing HRC the key to the White House.  I'll vote for Trump and hope for the best.  

I believe it, I'm not as liberal socially as you but more towards the middle and definitely fiscally conservative.  

Interesting that there is rarely (if ever) a social conservative and fiscal liberal.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

12 hours ago, Gunther said:

I'd like to start a thread on Clinton, can't we be civil guys?  Lol.  

Speeches were fine last night, Rudy was amazing, a little disappointed in Sherriff Clarke, kinda understated.  Melania's speech was great.  A paragraph lifted from Obama, fire the speech writer and move on.  Good night for Trump all in all.

Thanks for starting this @Elmer. I'ma  political junkie. There those that can talk politics without getting emotional and those that lose it if you don't agree. I stick with the former....

Meanwhile - I felt sorry for Melania. And maybe even Donald. Can you imagine the conversation that night?

Here's how I imagine it: (NSFW)

Donald, you "MAKE ME DO THIS GOD DAMN SPEECH WHICH I NEVER EVEN WANTED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.... THEN YOUR ****ING TWO BIT SPEECH WRITERS AREN'T EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO MODIFY THEIR STOLEN PHRASES FROM THE ORIGINAL???

I'M VOTING FOR HILLARY YOU ASSHOLE!

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Damn, Christie shredded Clinton, and kept half his ammo in his pocket.  Wow, devastating.

Don Jr. was just phenomenal.  Trump's gonna get a good-sized bump outta this convention.  We'll see how long it lasts...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

7 hours ago, Gunther said:

Damn, Christie shredded Clinton, and kept half his ammo in his pocket.  Wow, devastating.

Don Jr. was just phenomenal.  Trump's gonna get a good-sized bump outta this convention.  We'll see how long it lasts...

Don Jr will be a presidential candidate to take over for his dad in 8 years. And they haven't even begun to shred Hillary. 

- Mark

9 hours ago, Gunther said:

Don Jr. is a much better public speaker than Donald, he's much more polished.  When I was watching his speech (the only one I watched), I said to my wife, he should be the guy running for POTUS.  

I heard about Christie's speech and how effective it was.  I don't know if I like the strategy.  Convincing people not to vote for Hillary, still doesn't convince them to vote for Trump, it just means a lot more people won't participate in the election process or maybe they vote for the 3rd party out of frustration.  

I've been a business owner for over 20 years and I know politics is different but talking negative about your competition never worked very well (we never did it), especially if you hadn't convinced your customer about your own businesses capabilities.   Most likely anyone watching the RNC knows all the scandals and screw ups HRC has been involved with, they aren't watching because they want to vote for HRC, they are watching because they need a reason to vote for Trump.  

Joe Paradiso

Trump supporters bullied a woman in a bathroom and another sexual harassed a women at the RNC.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporter-tells-utah-delegate-you-should-die-172211021.html

Trump uses Queen's song despite their request not to. As it is their policy that their songs not be used at any political function. They do not want their songs to be associated with anything political and rather have the songs speaks for itself. 

https://www.yahoo.com/music/queen-confirm-donald-trump-champions-112404249.html

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Trump supporters bullied a woman in a bathroom and another sexual harassed a women at the RNC.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporter-tells-utah-delegate-you-should-die-172211021.html

Trump uses Queen's song despite their request not to. As it is their policy that their songs not be used at any political function. They do not want their songs to be associated with anything political and rather have the songs speaks for itself. 

https://www.yahoo.com/music/queen-confirm-donald-trump-champions-112404249.html

Yeah and anti-Trump protesters were starting up trouble for the last few days with violent outbursts.  Don't go to the RNC and expect to be hugged if you're anti Trump.   

If Queen really doesn't want Trump to use their music they should have their lawyer send a cease and desist letter to the campaign.  Otherwise, another non-story.  

Joe Paradiso

14 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

Interesting that there is rarely (if ever) a social conservative and fiscal liberal.

That's because the social conservatives don't have much on which they feel the need to spend other people's money?  ;-)

Oh, and good grief, could Tiffany and Kerry (the vineyard manager) have been any more pathetic?  Don Jr. was bound to look great just by following them!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Don Jr. is a much better public speaker than Donald, he's much more polished.  When I was watching his speech (the only one I watched), I said to my wife, he should be the guy running for POTUS.  

I heard about Christie's speech and how effective it was.  I don't know if I like the strategy.  Convincing people not to vote for Hillary, still doesn't convince them to vote for Trump, it just means a lot more people won't participate in the election process or maybe they vote for the 3rd party out of frustration.  

I've been a business owner for over 20 years and I know politics is different but talking negative about your competition never worked very well (we never did it), especially if you hadn't convinced your customer about your own businesses capabilities.   Most likely anyone watching the RNC knows all the scandals and screw ups HRC has been involved with, they aren't watching because they want to vote for HRC, they are watching because they need a reason to vote for Trump.  

Dems go negative every election cycle.  They made a saint of a guy in Romney look to be the devil by lying about him in '12.  GOP never responds in kind.  I'm glad they are beginning to.  I know about a lot of Clinton's misdeeds but I didn't know of her complicity in the Boko Haram terrorist kidnapping of schoolgirls in Nigeria.  So, that was educational.

Jeez @David in FL, a bit of a harsh critique of Tiffany, she's a 22-yr old kid speaking to 20mm people.  I actually thought she did well.  Didn't see the other one you referenced but I'll take your word for it.

If Queen really doesn't want Trump to use their music they should have their lawyer send a cease and desist letter to the campaign.  Otherwise, another non-story.  

I'm not sure Queen has any legal course of action if Trump isn't using it for monetary value. 

I would think people would be considerate of an artists request not to have their work used against their wishes even though there might be nothing illegal about it. :-P

2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Dems go negative every election cycle.  They made a saint of a guy in Romney look to be the devil by lying about him in '12.  

So do Republicans

Maybe Romney shouldn't have said he only was worried about 47%. He kinda dug himself into a hole on a half dozen comments. 

2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I know about a lot of Clinton's misdeeds but I didn't know of her complicity in the Boko Haram terrorist kidnapping of schoolgirls in Nigeria.  So, that was educational.

http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/index.ssf/2016/07/christie_statement_that_clinto.html

Under Clinton, the state department delayed the designation of Boko Haram as a Foreign Terrorist Organization until 2013. A Washington Post review of the matter found that the State Department could have made the designation quicker, but it also concluded that the department conducted a thorough, fair-minded review.....

Although Christie is correct that the State Department under Clinton delayed the designation, he is greatly oversimplifying the matter and reaching for an uncertain conclusion that a quicker designation would have prevented the kidnapping.

He's casting spin on the situation to make Clinton look worse in the situation than rather sitting back and looking at the complexity of the situation. 

Maybe a bit more education on Christie's part is needed :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I'm not sure Queen has any legal course of action if Trump isn't using it for monetary value. 

I would think people would be considerate of an artists request not to have their work used against their wishes even though there might be nothing illegal about it. :-P

So do Republicans

Maybe Romney shouldn't have said he only was worried about 47%. He kinda dug himself into a hole on a half dozen comments. 

http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/index.ssf/2016/07/christie_statement_that_clinto.html

He's casting spin on the situation to make Clinton look worse in the situation than rather sitting back and looking at the complexity of the situation. 

Maybe a bit more education on Christie's part is needed :-D

Clearly we have different view points but GOP never goes as negative as Dems.

I'll take Christie's education over whomever wrote that piece for Cle.com.  And, he didn't say it would have prevented the kidnapping.  He said she fought to keep them off the terror list, which was another display of her bad judgement because they were clearly ruthless terrorists associated with Al Quaeda.  One can only speculate as to why but if I were guessing it would be either because of political correctness or she gained financially.

11 hours ago, Gunther said:

While I dont agree with Christie's speech it was effective at whipping the crowd into a frenzy.
Of course we have to remember that Christie himself has a 29% approval rating as the Governor of NJ.

Jr's speech was very well executed. He was polished and could have a future in speaking or politics.
My only issue with his speech was the phrase "pouring sheet rock"

But once again they did not do anything to widen the tent, they are speaking to those whose votes they already have.

10 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It is my understanding that the song is owned by the songwriters/publishers. Since the RNC is on a network, which charges advertisers. Therefore there is money changing hands and use of the song requires permission and payment.
The same happens when cover bands play in  a bar, charge a cover at the door and play someone else music. The just dont get sued as often. 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!