IGNORED

DNC

Gunther
Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Trump is polling at zero percent among black voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania. He's got work to do winning them over.

Haha, right.  He'll get more than Romney or Bush but still not enough, hence, my original comment.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Haha, right.  He'll get more than Romney or Bush but still not enough, hence, my original comment.

I don't understand how you reached that assessment, considering both Bush and Romney received a non-zero number of black voters when they ran.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

7 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I don't understand how you reached that assessment, considering both Bush and Romney received a non-zero number of black voters when they ran.

You know that's a poll right?  4 months before the election? Do you know the underlying science?  Did they include 3 black voters?  C"mon, it means nothing.

I predict Trump gets 12-18% of the black vote.  I don't think they'll turn out for Clinton like they did for Obama.  And, Omarosa is Trump's black outreach director, just can't beat that, lol.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

You know that's a poll right?  4 months before the election? Do you know the underlying science?  Did they include 3 black voters?  C"mon, it means nothing.

I predict Trump gets 12-18% of the black vote.  I don't think they'll turn out for Clinton like they did for Obama.  And, Omarosa is Trump's black outreach director, just can't beat that, lol.

Sorry, it was foolish for me to bring facts to your delusion party. Carry on.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

10 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Sorry, it was foolish for me to bring facts to your delusion party. Carry on.

Haha, very nice.  We know Obama is voting for Trump so that'll help (Malik).  Well see...

Back to the topic:  Wasserman-Schulz got bounced from speaking at the very convention she is chairing due to the recent DNC Wikileaked emails showing the conspiracy against Bernie.  I don't think she's long for the job.

5 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Haha, very nice.  We know Obama is voting for Trump so that'll help (Malik).  Well see...

Back to the topic:  Wasserman-Schulz got bounced from speaking at the very convention she is chairing due to the recent DNC Wikileaked emails showing the conspiracy against Bernie.  I don't think she's long for the job.

You can have her if you want.

40 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I don't think you'll find anyone defending her. Now, a month ago, or a year ago. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

5 minutes ago, jamo said:

I don't think you'll find anyone defending her. Now, a month ago, or a year ago. 

I'm aware of the dislike for her within the Democrat party and it kind of baffles me.  Obama and Clinton's offenses have been far more egregious but the media doesn't coddle her as much.  I guess she's pissed some folks off at the NYT and WPost.  Can't think of another reason.

20 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Kaine is a smart pick as he's more moderate and she's more left.  I'm not sure if the Bernie supporters will be pleased with the selection and it appears they will be the difference between HRC winning or not.  

The progressive wing of the Dem party hates Kaine. He is pro TPP and favors deregulation to wall street. However he brings in VA and has a solid record on many issues for moderate Dems.
I would not be surprised if you see Bernie speak at the DNC. He will tell his supporters that even though HRC is not their first choice he (Bernie) will have a better chance of working with  her for their issues, than DT!

19 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

Anxiously awaiting the DNC response to powerhouse speakers like Scott Baio, He will be hard to top.

I hear they are countering Baio with prime time slot speech from Erin Moran!!!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

17 minutes ago, Elmer said:

The progressive wing of the Dem party hates Kaine. He is pro TPP and favors deregulation to wall street. However he brings in VA and has a solid record on many issues for moderate Dems.
I would not be surprised if you see Bernie speak at the DNC. He will tell his supporters that even though HRC is not their first choice he (Bernie) will have a better chance of working with  her for their issues, than DT!

I'm not sure about Kaine from a strategic standpoint. The big trap that can bring Hillary down in November is playing it too safe on the campaign trail; Kaine is a safe running mate, but he might be too safe. Hillary needs a bulldog by her side, someone who can go after Trump and energize the progressive wing of the party with a fervor that doesn't come naturally to her; I'm not sure Kaine is a man of such temperament. Plus, I think any voter who views lacking a white man on the ticket as a deal-breaker is already committed to Trump.

People said the same things when her husband chose Al Gore as his running mate in 1992, though.

2 hours ago, Gunther said:

I'm aware of the dislike for her within the Democrat party and it kind of baffles me.  Obama and Clinton's offenses have been far more egregious but the media doesn't coddle her as much.  I guess she's pissed some folks off at the NYT and WPost.  Can't think of another reason.

I can't say I've ever read anything about her in either of those newspapers. I've just seen her interviewed a bunch of times and I've never heard her say anything that wasn't horrendously political. I don't sense a single bit of self-awareness.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

19 minutes ago, jamo said:

I can't say I've ever read anything about her in either of those newspapers. I've just seen her interviewed a bunch of times and I've never heard her say anything that wasn't horrendously political. I don't sense a single bit of self-awareness.

She's great at the things that make donors write big checks, and terrible at pretty much everything else that comes with leading a political party.

3 hours ago, jamo said:

Maureen Dowd (NYT) HATES her. 

Spoiler

The older I get, the more I eye-roll some of the NYT Op-Ed columnists. They are in their own world.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

She's great at the things that make donors write big checks, and terrible at pretty much everything else that comes with leading a political party.

I definitely buy that. 

In my bag:

Yikes!  The way things are starting for the DNC, it doesn't appear they'll get a bump from it.  I guess Nate Silver has factored that into his analysis.

Screenshot_2016-07-25-10-42-18.png

37 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Yikes!  The way things are starting for the DNC, it doesn't appear they'll get a bump from it.  I guess Nate Silver has factored that into his analysis.

Note, that projection shown is if the Election was held today, 

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now

This is still the Nov. 8th election based on what poles tell us about the Nov. 8th election

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Here is a projection taking into account The Polls, The economy, and historical trends

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Lots of data to chose from. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Where is all the democrat outrage at how corrupt and racist the DNC is, you guys can't approve of referring to hispanic americans voters as taco bowls can you?  How many of you have read the Wikileaks to find out who you're really voting for?  

Joe Paradiso

6 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Where is all the democrat outrage at how corrupt and racist the DNC is, you guys can't approve of referring to hispanic americans voters as taco bowls can you?  How many of you have read the Wikileaks to find out who you're really voting for?  

How about we hack into the RNC's e-mail server and find out what party leadership really thinks about their voter base?

Note: This thread is 2833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!