IGNORED

2016 The Barclays at Bethpage Discussion Thread

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 2795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And just as Adam Scott drains another long one, Reed looks like he's about to give up the lead.

Scott's doing AimPoint proud, haha. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Adam Scott drains one from another zip code.

Makes me think he should have gotten rid of the long putter a while ago. :)

I read an interview with Scott where he said that the year he changed to long putters he was actually number one strokes gained in putting.  But because they didn't have the stat available to them at that time he had just convinced himself he was a really bad putter and so needed to change.  I think he said that he wished he had known then what he knows now as it might have saved him some of the intervening hassles!

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

I play Bethpage Black about once a year so it is great to watch the pros play the course.  Some holes that are very difficult for amateurs don't translate as such to the pros.  I think 5 is a really difficult hole -when the wind was behind them on Friday they made it look relatively easy.  4 has so much trouble on it but the pros just bomb it over most of it and it's one of the easier holes for them.

15 is a beast that you can't appreciate by seeing it on television.  The rough around 15 and 16 is some of the thickest -i have seen a number of balls lost there.  Some pros don't seem to appreciate that job 1 on 18 is to avoid the bunkers off the tee -there's Very little benefit hitting driver there.

Final round should be good stuff.  Interesting that Reed draws the ball - it always seems to me like it favors a left to right player.

Edited by Refugee
  • Upvote 1

Donald's tee shot at the 15th

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Ricky's not doing a good job of dispelling those arguments that he's overrated.

He's certainly not playing like one of the most elite golfers in the world. 

Christian

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Ricky's not doing a good job of dispelling those arguments that he's overrated.

He's certainly not playing like one of the most elite golfers in the world. 

Yes. Sorry to say it, but Reed is schooling him today.

Reed could make this interesting with this shot. 

Just now, RFKFREAK said:

Reed could make this interesting with this shot. 

But he didn't.

Should be an easy two putt. 

Christian

4 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Those New York fans are pretty pathetic. Disrepectful.

I'm not watching, so I legitimately don't know: what are they doing?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Boorish behavior blemishes Barclay's battle.

• Upvote 3

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

10 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I'm not watching, so I legitimately don't know: what are they doing?

I know they were screaming before guys hit shots but that happens alot. Reed was asking for someones shadow to move away from his ball and I heard someone say "yes master" Reed just grinned and shook his head. Definately alot of rowdy folks there.

Reed played well, tons of tough holes on this monster but he prevailed, I thought he would to be honest.  Rickie has closed out on some tough courses before, the Players and Wells Fargo, but Reed's irons striking and putting held up.  I loved the interview at the end when he admitted his nerves kicked in and he fell back into some bad habits.  26 years old with 5 PGA wins.  Has won every year starting back to 2013.  I wouldn't be surprised if he end up with 7-10 wins before his career was over, he has a lot of game.

Edited by Database Head

3 hours ago, Database Head said:

Reed played well, tons of tough holes on this monster but he prevailed, I thought he would to be honest.  Rickie has closed out on some tough courses before, the Players and Wells Fargo, but Reed's irons striking and putting held up.  I loved the interview at the end when he admitted his nerves kicked in and he fell back into some bad habits.  26 years old with 5 PGA wins.  Has won every year starting back to 2013.  I wouldn't be surprised if he end up with 7-10 wins before his career was over, he has a lot of game.

Patrick already has 5 wins at age 26. The 7-10 seems like a lock to me. I say he hit's 15 plus wins before he is eligible for the senior tour.

Edited by Natural Patrick

Note: This thread is 2795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!