IGNORED

Golftec is one company doing well during the current downturn [Fox Business]

Note: This thread is 2325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a little biased as my current instructor is at Golftec. Before I used their facilities, I thought they were gimmicky, the setup isn't Trackman, but it's not bad, and I'll definitely be there during the winter.

So as the number of American golfers has fallen to pre-Tiger Woods levels, how is the company growing so rapidly?

GolfTEC is scoring well in urban areas since the motion-capture harness, cameras, golf net and computers need a much smaller footprint than an actual golf course. “We only need 2,000 square feet so we can put locations in more dense urban areas where there may not be a golf course. You can’t drive out to the suburbs for a lesson, but we’re convenient, near your office or neighborhood,” Assell notes.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/09/30/this-golf-company-is-teeing-up-profits-despite-industry-downturn.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went out to Golftec today and got hooked up with a harness and had a swing evaluation done.  Then I signed up for 10 half hour lessons and club fitting.  

It's pricey, but I learned a lot today, and I expect it will help me be a better golfer. 

Their gadgets are awesome. The camera system that your swing is wonderful. It sure beats taking video at the range, going home and downloading, seeing what you did wrong, then repeating in a day or two. You can see instantly if the "feel" was a good or bad thing.

- Shane

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Their gadgets are awesome. The camera system that your swing is wonderful. It sure beats taking video at the range, going home and downloading, seeing what you did wrong, then repeating in a day or two. You can see instantly if the "feel" was a good or bad thing.

Yeah, they hooked me up in the harness, video'd my swing, drew lines, showed me how my shoulder tilt is inadequate, gave me a drill to do, basically it was a very educational hour or so.   I can access my entire lesson online, with the front and side view and the lines he drew and all his commentary. 

I also found out the irons I've been using must have been fitted to a guy about 6 inches taller than I am, because they are about an inch and a half longer than average.   I had no idea. 

So I signed up for 10 half hour lessons, and a club fitting.  The instructor said he didn't think we should do a club fitting until I have a few lessons.   That actually makes sense.  

• 1 year later...

Not saying golftec isn’t great, but I saw the word “pricey” a few times. Look into evolvr if you want really good instruction for a fraction of the cost. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I always felt that GolfTec is expensive and their gadgets are unnecessary. All you really need is a good phone camera and a tripod if you are working on your own. There are programs out there like Analyzr that you can use to analyze your swing.

I've had very good lessons from instructors where we only used a phone to assess my swing live and the analysis with lines drawn was given to me afterwards. I don't think that a good instructor needs a fancy harness to tell if someone is not turning or tilting properly.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

Not saying golftec isn’t great, but I saw the word “pricey” a few times. Look into evolvr if you want really good instruction for a fraction of the cost. 

Imho, aggressive sales pitch as well, Golftec.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 10/4/2016 at 10:59 AM, nevets88 said:

I'm a little biased as my current instructor is at Golftec. Before I used their facilities, I thought they were gimmicky, the setup isn't Trackman, but it's not bad, and I'll definitely be there during the winter.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/09/30/this-golf-company-is-teeing-up-profits-despite-industry-downturn.html

Not surprised. Good company.

I have two extreme instructors, the "all the training aids you can wear and still kind of move" one, and a "traditional one who thinks even video is not helpful" instructor. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!