IGNORED

I Voted…

Papa Steve 55
Note: This thread is 2755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I've unfollowed about 30 people on Twitter tonight.

I don't care who you vote for, show respect to your fellow Americans, whether they voted Democrat, Republican, or third party.

Clearly there are millions of people who can't stomach the idea of Trump as president. Just as there are millions who can't stomach the idea of Clinton as president.

And I don't consider that a political post because it's from both sides. It's a statement about politics, but more about tolerance.

And no partisan posts, please. Let's keep things clean and down the middle.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've unfollowed about 30 people on Twitter tonight.

I don't care who you vote for, show respect to your fellow Americans, whether they voted Democrat, Republican, or third party.

Clearly there are millions of people who can't stomach the idea of Trump as president. Just as there are millions who can't stomach the idea of Clinton as president.

And I don't consider that a political post because it's from both sides. It's a statement about politics, but more about tolerance.

And no partisan posts, please. Let's keep things clean and down the middle.

I'm down.  Trump's a frickin Democrat as it is.  I hope he jacks up Republicans and Dems alike.  We just needed some change from the elitism that so many Americans have embraced to their own unwitting demise the past 12 years.  It's a good day. 

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I see the decision to elect trump no different to my country voting out of Europe, for 10/15/20 years or more now the left wing has pushed people past their breaking point, ramming equality/morality/self sacrifice down our throats like it is going out of fashion, political correctness has run amok and decisions have been taken away from people to aid "democracy" which has clearly been a non-democratic decision

What has this lead to? a feeling of disparity in our communities, a feeling that the establishment we elected tells us what to do regardless of what we actually want, it has lead to anti-antisemitism, xenophobia, racism, this has pushed people so far in one direction the only way they now know how to fight back is to go to the other end of the scale, all the way from left to the right, this is why you see the decisions we are seeing today

The one hope I have is that having been forced so far to the left for so long that people have a good morale perspective on life, they understand that the need for change means leaning back towards the right but that we find an equilibrium in the middle and when someone trys to take it too far to the right we stand up and say "hang on, thats a bit much like"

I think Trump's nomination will shift your country back towards an equilibrium were you are not forced to be inclusive of anyone but you are simply asked to be tolerant,

Alot of people who voted out of europe in my country were branded xenophobes and racists and heartless on the issue of refugees, but you ask any of them how they feel about migrants/refugees and excluding the very small % of horrid truly racist people, they would likely of told you they were fine with migrants and refugees being given sanctuary in this country, we want to accommodate them, what they didnt like was being told how many we had to take, being forced to comply to a quota because of morale bashing and shaming,   

I live in hope we can maintain the equilibrium, we all remember to some extent what happened the last time things went too far to the right,.....

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Interestingly enough, the Canadian Immigration website was having issues earlier this evening when it started to appear as though Trump might win the election. I will be curious to see if Canada actually has a higher rate of immigrants from America after this polarizing election will all of the promises I have heard of moving to Canada if so and so wins. 

I would suspect the numbers either remain mostly flat or continue on whatever trend was set by previous years, but I could be proved wrong since this election seemed to be rather heated.

I think that most voters were likely just left disappointed by the options the two major parties provided them with. I know I was looking forwards to the first vote I'd get to have in a presidential election - until I saw who my choices were and I started to dread it since I didn't particularly want to vote for either candidate while also not wanting to vote for a candidate that I knew wouldn't have a chance of winning. It felt like having to choose between a rock and a hard place - my ballot gave me the option between two different types of apparently bad people.

Nihilism rules the day, and that's what I find most upsetting about all this.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

30 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Nihilism rules the day, and that's what I find most upsetting about all this.

I agree, like i said you get pushed so far one way the likely reaction of rebellion is to be the polar opposite, which is sad, but shows an underlying issue that people are afraid to face.

As I also said, I hope it equals an equilibrium and that we dont go to far the other way

On 11/7/2016 at 9:49 AM, rehmwa said:

Whoever you picked, I am so.......so.....sorry.  I hope you will be fine later.

The little piece of you that died.....it'll come back...someday.

remember, whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger....and nauseous

:-D

My vote was supposed to have meant BBQ, but they locked down on security and I had to vote by a Macy's department store. :-P

Well, it's a decent outcome. I wonder why the polls had Clinton with a landslide victory? Funny how these things turn out. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I wonder why the polls had Clinton with a landslide victory? Funny how these things turn out. .

Between the polls and the various media outlets, they had me completely convinced that HC was going to roll. Stunning how wrong they were. Some people ought to be looking for a new job.

Just now, mcanadiens said:

Between the polls and the various media outlets, they had me completely convinced that HC was going to roll. Stunning how wrong they were. Some people ought to be looking for a new job.

Now, I'm just waiting for the Stock market to properly correct itself. I also thought the stock corrections as of late were kind of backwards.

When Clinton clearly loses the third debate, the market drops in the days following. When the polls came out the market jumps. Last night all the major indices dropped like a rock. It just doesn't make any sense to me?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Markets only reflect investors confidence/or lack of for any given situation, as a barometer of what is "actually" happening they are all but useless

Trump hasnt made one decision yet, but he investor confidence causes the stock market to fall,

Same as brexit, the markets went down when we voted out because of lack of confidence yet latest reports show 0.5% growth since the result, the markets showed zero correlation to this outcome

Locked due to posters getting political.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!