IGNORED

Why did Trump win the election?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Too much pandering to niche groups, all the while marginalizing a whole swath of working class whites. They just pushed them too far. And this is them reminding us who is still in charge. 

That's why we need leadership that cares about the working class and not Wall Street Robot Hillary.

I voted for Hillary fellas. Business has been pretty good for me lately. I don't share Mr. Trump's gloomy views on the state of affairs. But I wish him the best. And as always it's still up to me to make money and support my family.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. There were more people who voted for Trump who didn't outwardly admit they supported him. This skewed the polling towards Hillary, and might have caused her to misplay the campaign. 

2. Hillary struggled with social media. It makes sense with the emails. She honestly is not tech Savvy at all. It was said she had her staff go on Ebay to buy a blackberry not mad anymore because it was the phone she used. I think she down played this side of the campaign. 

3. The white working class male voters got out to vote in key Midwest states. That evaporated the strength of Hlillary in big populated areas that push these states Blue. 

4. The hatred for Washington and the status quo. If Trump didn't shoot his mouth off I think he wins the same states but gets a much higher popular vote. The only reason it was this close is because both candidates are almost equally disliked. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm glad the election is over and pleased the candidate I supported won.  It's time to move on and let Trump and the other elected officials do their job so we can go back to talking golf.  

Joe Paradiso

17 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

The bold is what I felt all along, just from conversations with people. People could not discus where they stood because of bullying by media and Clinton followers. Anyone who was not pro Clinton was a "mouth breather," as was stated before, or some other expletive. People who publicly supported Trump were attacked on the street as well. No one wants to be bullied. I think it pushed people who were on the fence towards Trump.

Being non-white, I never felt "bullied", but I did get indignant smirks from many co-workers and some of my friends. If I was white, I suppose that could be a natural feeling, but to be perfectly honest, I can't understand why so many people felt compelled to do so. The entire campaign on the anti-Trump side of things were all based upon tugging on our emotions. I say anti-Trump because the GOP was just as guilty of this BS during the primaries.

But, like Trump stated in his final election speech, it's all behind us. I'm willing to forget all the dirty politics at this point and savor in the Trump victory.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

I wouldn't say I was/am happy. I'm just less disappointed. It's like being asked if you want to get shot in the hand or foot. Both will heal but you just have to figure out which one you can deal with better until then.

I understand completely. I was disappointed a long time ago.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

I'm glad the election is over and pleased the candidate I supported won.  It's time to move on and let Trump and the other elected officials do their job so we can go back to talking golf.  

+1 one this one.

What continues to irk me is that the press is still on this "Trumps appeal to uneducated white working class" thing. It's wrong. I feel bad that so many people have no idea how bad our economy is in general. The debt is larger than the GDP. That should alarm some people, but they are so busy trying to find personal flaws in Trump which are irrelevant to his ability to lead. It really gets me mad, but I'm going with his victory speech and let bygones be bygones. Time for us to heal, I suppose. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Voters (especially white, working class ones) don't know what they want, so they voted for whatever was different. That's it.

They may not have been able to state specifically what they wanted or expected in many cases (or in some cases were unwilling to get into a shouting match over it), but they knew that they didn't want a status quo situation with Clinton at the top.  

And they were sick of the media and the polls (which seem to be the same thing) calling them ignorant rednecks.  I know that I sure am.  Just because I only have a high school diploma, I'm not considered smart enough to make a decision on my own?  I know a raft of folks who never finished college, or even had the opportunity to go, who are as knowledgeable, if not better informed than many with degrees.  

Going straight from high school to serving our country and/or working for a living is not a character indictment.  We didn't give up the ability or the right to think for ourselves just because we took a different route in life.  And yes, I voted for Trump, not that it made a lot of difference since Colorado always ends up blue.  

If Clinton had won, she would have gotten my grudging support, in spite of the fact that I dislike her personality and distrust her deeply.  She would be my president by the vote of the majority and that's that.  Now all I ask is that Hillary supporters do the same for Donald Trump and give him a chance to show whether he can do any of what he promised (and I will be the first to admit that there are a lot of question marks there).  That doesn't mean you give up on your beliefs, but this country needs to come together united or the wolves will succeed in tearing us down.

To those who threatened to leave the country over this... if that's how you deal with adversity, don't let the door smack you on the way out.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Same rhetoric I was given for voting out of europe "you must be a racist xenophobe" villified by the media, I still get comments at work now about it because when asked I said which way i voted

A vote for something different is a vote for change, 

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Note: This thread is 2755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!