IGNORED

Tittle X - Affordable Golf Simulator/Trainer

iacas
Note: This thread is 1234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Again.  I wanted to post a link to the TittleX golf alternative cradle.  It shows the homebrew cradle in use under real ball impacts and shows how to make it.  As you will see. it's super easy to make.  The hardest part will be finding the plastic whiffle golf balls for your project.   It actually is easier to use than the original tittle cradles and they won't damage your clubs. 

If you try this, drop me a line.   I'd like to hear about your experiences with this.  Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this thing/funded it on kickstarter. After reading the reviews I didn’t even install it. Part of it is that I don’t own a windows pc and the second was that you could only install it twice if I recall correctly. 

So right now I rather hit in a net and record my swing than get false data. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

This is from my own personal experience with Tittle X for about 1-year usage.  AWSOME!   I thought you all might like to see another video with TittleX on the E6 driving range in my garage golf simulator.

It plays very realistically and is a lot of fun on a rainy day, or frosty winter.  Note; in the video, the swing stick hit 30yrds longer than the real club.  This may be from the real club settings I have set on the Tittle-PC middleware.  I have all of the parameter and sensitivity settings to their maximum difficulty levels which adds to the realism of the swing model.

Also in the video, I need to change the club types in E6 to make the Tittle reset when switching the tittle to my home-brew cradles.   I also like the Trackman view with E6 for added realism.  All and all, the Tittle X is now my favorite cheap garage golf sim devices.  5 star awsome!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone, I know this is an old thread but I just bought a Tittle X so I could keep playing through the lock down and built myself a simulator room. Excited to see how it is. Looking forward to gaining everyone's knowledge on this simulator. 

7 hours ago, Jimbobaloubob said:

Hey everyone, I know this is an old thread but I just bought a Tittle X so I could keep playing through the lock down and built myself a simulator room. Excited to see how it is. Looking forward to gaining everyone's knowledge on this simulator. 

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Let us know how you like it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, Jimbobaloubob said:

Welcome to TST!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

9 hours ago, Jimbobaloubob said:

Welcome to TST. I too would like to hear ( read ) your opinion. I had a miserable experience with OptiShot and gave up on the simulator gig altogether. But now I’m in Florida so I don’t really need one like I did In Colorado.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

So far so good. I have noticed a lot of the things people are saying here. I set up a simulator room with projector and all so I'd have an outlet during this lock down. I can swing normally and get pretty accurate readings or hit balls and use boost to get the same readings. I wanted clips for every club so I reverse engineered the clips with a micrometer and tinkercad and off I went with my 3d printer. Thought about seeing what the market would be for them on eBay since it seems there is no way to get more. 

20200412_075246.jpg

20200412_075259.jpg

1 hour ago, Jimbobaloubob said:

I reverse engineered the clips with a micrometer and tinkercad and off I went with my 3d printer.

Ok... those are the types of things that turn me away from these home simulator gigs. Seemed with OptiShot you had to have a considerable knowledge in engineering both electrical and mechanical.😝

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 8 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 9:25 AM, Jimbobaloubob said:

So far so good. I have noticed a lot of the things people are saying here. I set up a simulator room with projector and all so I'd have an outlet during this lock down. I can swing normally and get pretty accurate readings or hit balls and use boost to get the same readings. I wanted clips for every club so I reverse engineered the clips with a micrometer and tinkercad and off I went with my 3d printer. Thought about seeing what the market would be for them on eBay since it seems there is no way to get more. 

20200412_075246.jpg

20200412_075259.jpg

I would be interested in purchasing a set of clips if the price is reasonable.

Note: This thread is 1234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!