IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for December, 2016! The rules are the same as always:

• Make a somewhat detailed post describing your practice every day during the month.
  • No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • On the last day of the month, if you completed the challenge, post about it, preferably in red text or something so I can notice it and give you the award.
  • Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.).

Enjoy and practice hard!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas featured and pinned this topic
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12/01 - grip, stance, steady head, slow takeaway, balanced weight shift, low point control w/7i. Eagerly awaiting the telecast on Golf Extra to start at 1pm

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/1- Mirror work at gym. Worked on transition again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

12/1: Putted while watching Brandel Chamblee rip Tiger's new swing and pitching motion (Tiger's T2 at -1 and hit two long chips/pitches to a combined total of three feet).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Putted while watching Brandel bash Tigers right elbow, haha. Headed to the range to start documenting yardage averages with mid-irons. Will probably do my mirror routine as usual. This is gonna be a good month. Love this !!!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

12/1- range day. continued my priority- getting to better position at the top with consistent flat left wrist. Shortened backswing is actually, dare I say, beginning to feel ingrained. Time will tell.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Thought I would give this a try, but none of the stuff I do last only 5 minutes.

Day 1; Started the day out (5am) with a brisk 1.5 mile walk . Leg work fo continued balance during my swing. I do this every morning. Sometimes it's just a mile. Other mornings it could be as much a 3 miles. 

Next came about 15 minutes of dry swings with my Kallassy club. This is a maintenance thing I do to keep my swing parts operating correctly.  

After that,  I played 18 holes with a friend to see if I was paying for lunch. An 82 is usually good enough, but not today. :angry:

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

The temperature was in the high 40s in the afternoon today. I hit into the outdoor net for about a half hour. I worked through the short irons up to the 5 iron and then hit a hybrid and a 3 wood. I'm going to get good at setting up and taking down that net in the back yard.

• Upvote 1
It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”. Ram Dass

12/02 - kettle bell swings for balanced weight shift with emphasis on steady head and,  a new focus this morning, increased hip turn in backswing.

I have an old man backswing in that I have little hip turn with my straight left arm getting just higher than parallel...which obviously reduces power. I've tried working on this in the past but I've noticed my head movement increases to the point where my ball contact is inconsistent.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/2: No drills, just went to the range to take some video for submission: 

Uploaded to my instructor. First analysis of my swing shows that unless I am really focusing on my flat left wrist, I do not have that ingrained yet. Perhaps some slight improvement in that, but still not what I'd consider flat at the top. Frankly I was surprised, as my 12/1 entry showed I thought I was making great strides on that piece. Will continue on that daily until instructor digests the submission and gives me a new focus.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/02  (Part II) - 20 mins of 10ft putts over lunch break

-Jonny

• Administrator

12/2: Kind of a repeat of yesterday, but this time Brandel talked about how Tiger's putting stroke changes depending on which way the putt breaks, and how that's a great thing to do.

I putted for about 15 minutes. I worked on making the same stroke each time…

Day 2; Same as yesterday, only no playing. However I did spend some time chipping, and pitching. Worked on length of back swing with various clubs. Focus was on hitting my targeted landing areas.

Nice cold north wind made practice kind of chore, but I'm sure I will be playing some of this kind of weather.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Reading LSW and focusing on 5 simple keys. Mainly #1--#3.    Putting,while watching Tiger bounce back with a 65. That should slow Brandels roll a bit !! Its nice to hear that scratch is possible with 250+ carry average.

Edited by Strat-Pack Rick
left something out

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Dec. 2: Hit into the net in the backyard. I hit the 52* wedge, the 9, 7, and 5 irons. Thought about getting my left shoulder behind the ball at the top of the backswing for the 5 iron. Hit the 20* hybrid and the 3 wood. Thought about and practiced a nice follow through to a picture perfect finish.

It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”. Ram Dass

12/1 20 min. Alt SKLZ and driver. Inside out focus and uncoil

12/2 20 min alt Sklz trainer and driver. Feeling the inside out swing and placing a piece of paper on floor to represent ball. 

Note: This thread is 2672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!