IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We played 18 holes today. Four of us got together for just a fun time, in near perfect weather. So, I guss you could say we practiced having fun. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spent an hour at the chipping green today. Flopped over the bunker and did short to medium chips from man made terrible lies. Also hit several out of the bunker trying to get to 3'. Great little session, tons of fun !!!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

12/13 - grip, stance, low point control drill, with balanced weight shift

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

20 min alt Sklz trainer and driver. Doing piece by piece drills to get inside out swing down

first club to belt buckle for take away.

shoulder turn

wrist cock

Transiton

swing thru

• Administrator

12/13: ten minutes working on the swing with @NatalieB. She worked longer than that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12/13: 10 minutes backswing work. Primarily A3 to A4 focus with a more correct (and less laid off) position at the top. Flat left wrist. Feeling more and more natural.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Day 14. Woke up sick this morning. Have contracted the industrial strength crud that is going around. Pretty sure I won't be swinging any clubs for a day or two. Even worse the weather guy is forcasting rain for the next few days. So, any golf stuff I migjt do, will be in the form of reading about it. Right now I am going to start reading bits and pieces of Penick's Little Red Book. Just a good little read from a fine old golfer. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

12/14: 15 minutes reviewing A4 positions in past lessons. Worked slow motion A3 to A4 drill. Then regular speed, looking in mirror after getting to top.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/14 - chipping with putting stroke x 30 mins on "quick" carpet at work

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Got Off Early !!! Went to the practice area at my home course. Spent a lot of time pitching to flags and putting. Practicing Aimpoint kinda on my own. Did hit the range and went through my bag. Here are some pics of my practice area.

20161214_141602.jpg

20161214_141724.jpg

20161214_142937.jpg

20161214_143221.jpg

20161214_141618.jpg

20161214_143303.jpg

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

On 12/11/2016 at 5:10 PM, Mico said:

Solid 80s, very cool. it will come.

why are you talking about breaking 80 on the "breaking 90 thread"? as my nephew used to say, " That not nice."

@Mico Well because ive broken 90 and I havent broken 80. Its the goal of everyone in the Breaking 90 thread , to break 80. When I finally break 80 I will be worthy of posting in the breaking 80 thread. I tell ya though, these peeps in the  90's thread are great. I sure hope alot of them if not all come with me. I will always talk with these guys/gals. We have grown together as golfers. Its the best. Hit Em Good Bud !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

On 12/13/2016 at 5:31 PM, Mico said:

20 min alt Sklz trainer and driver. Doing piece by piece drills to get inside out swing down

first club to belt buckle for take away.

shoulder turn

wrist cock

Transiton

swing thru

@Mico Good for you man. Hope you get the clock, haha. Im going for it too !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Forgot to post last night

20 min Alt sklz and Driver. Seeking inside out swing path. At the end of the session, felt like I was getting it. 

11 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

@Mico Well because ive broken 90 and I havent broken 80. Its the goal of everyone in the Breaking 90 thread , to break 80. When I finally break 80 I will be worthy of posting in the breaking 80 thread. I tell ya though, these peeps in the  90's thread are great. I sure hope alot of them if not all come with me. I will always talk with these guys/gals. We have grown together as golfers. Its the best. Hit Em Good Bud !!

Makes sense. Sounds like when you find a foursome or play with the same early morning crowd at your home course.  Great camaraderie! Every one  knows each other and his own brand of golf craziness. Stick to the short grass.

12/15 - 15 minutes mirror work. Focused on centered hip turn then getting the hips going forward to start the downswing. Mostly slow swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Working the line drill and still head while hitting into my net. Also flat left wrist at impact.  Chipping into my laundry basket from all over the place. (actually doing laundry too, haha ). Working on my yardage book tonight !

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Note: This thread is 2672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!