IGNORED

George Michael Dead

Gunther
Note: This thread is 2699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/george-michael-dead-former-wham-singer-dead-at-53-w457754

Huge contributor.  Lots of stories about how his music impacted me but suffice it to say, he'll be missed.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

And 2016 just keeps being an a$$hole to the very end

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

3 hours ago, Hategolf said:

What a bummer.  I though he was pretty young. 

Somehow i liked a few of his songs, although that kind of music was never my favorite.

I never cared for his music, but it's pretty obvious that the guy had talent. From what I've read, he had his demons, too. But to go at age 53 is just tragic. RIP.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Was never much of a fan, but there is no denying that Faith was a great song delivered with massive talent. His version of "Somebody to Love" from the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was pretty epic too. Crazy how much carnage 2016 laid on the music world. Like, seriously, WTF???

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Tweet: Anyone who did anything significant in the 80's needs to stay the hell indoors until the New Year.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tweet: 2017 is sitting in the greenroom, reading all our tweets about how terrible 2016 was and evilly LOLing

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

53 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Forgot about that one, thanks for the reminder, fantastic.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Jitterbug. Snap... snap... Wake Me Up is probably Wham!'s biggest hit, but my favorite is I'm Your Man. 

Steve

Was never a huge George Michael fan myself (and yes to Sports Machine mention above, had to double-check. THAT George Michael was our local NBC sportscaster for years and years through my adolescent years).

But this song always felt like it was different and I thought it would endure as a song- maybe not a classic, but timeless in a way. I still feel that way, as it doesn't feel as dated as a lot of the stuff from that period. The hook for me was the part about "looks like the road to heaven but it feels like the road to hell." The sultry supermodels and the strobe effect will definitely endure for me. Comes back vividly every time I hear it.

But like the song says, I always thought George Michael was a reluctant star, even though his fame was massive and seemed to enjoy it at first. He knew there was a downside. I've read that he grew less and less fond of performances as he aged, even though his charisma was through the roof. But once he got on stage, he usually delivered. He had it all, but I think he might've know that he couldn't handle the life. In some way, he likely knew his life as a superstar could kill him in the end. (maybe it did, maybe it didn't- dunno)

Update: Just found this. Apparently, it was the 25th anniversary of this song recently, and Vogue did a tribute update. 

Edited by RandallT
added vogue video

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 2699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!