IGNORED

New PING i200 Irons

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 2/4/2017 at 0:15 AM, mvmac said:

i200 and iE1 have the same amount but yes the past 5-10 years they'e been going with less offset in their irons.

Yes that is pretty cool.

How would you compare the i200's to the iblades as far as forgiveness, ball flight, and feel?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Jakester23 said:

How would you compare the i200's to the iblades as far as forgiveness, ball flight, and feel?

Only hit the i200's a few times but iBlades compared to the iE1 irons (very similar the i200) they go a little higher, farther and the long irons are a lot more playable (for me). Not a huge difference in forgiveness with the mid-short irons. iBlades have a more compact look. Feel wise the i200's feel better to me, just more solid.

Basically I'd say the biggest differences are i200's have a longer blade length (but still compact compared to other irons in the category), on average go higher and farther and will perform a little better on mis-hits compared to the iBlades.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

14 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

Just bought G30's.  Wonder if I should have bought these I200's instead?  Did I screw up? 

Did you get fit for the G30's? 

It's tough to say. G30s are not that far off from these irons, though they are not really in the same category of irons. 

If you like your G30's and hit them well, they will work for you. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Did you get fit for the G30's? 

It's tough to say. G30s are not that far off from these irons, though they are not really in the same category of irons. 

If you like your G30's and hit them well, they will work for you. 

Yes,  I got fitted.  Finally getting to play with them tomorrow. I hit some I3's recently,  and loved them.  Decided to go with the G30's.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

2 hours ago, Blackjack Don said:

Weren't the G30's replaced by G's?

Yes.

4 hours ago, PingLuvR said:

Yes,  I got fitted.  Finally getting to play with them tomorrow. I hit some I3's recently,  and loved them.  Decided to go with the G30's.  

Tough to say if you "screwed up", we would need more info on your game. That's good that you got fit for them though.

i3's and G30's are different kinds of irons. G30's will have a thicker topline, larger overall head, launch higher, go farther and will be more forgiving. 

Mike McLoughlin

6 hours ago, mvmac said:

Yes.

Tough to say if you "screwed up", we would need more info on your game. That's good that you got fit for them though.

i3's and G30's are different kinds of irons. G30's will have a thicker topline, larger overall head, launch higher, go farther and will be more forgiving. 

That sounds like the right club for me. Thanks for the info 

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

8 hours ago, PingLuvR said:

That sounds like the right club for me. Thanks for the info 

Oh yeah 2 different animals.  You will love the g30 if that's what they fit u for.  Point and shoot.  Great clubs.

That being said I have the ie1 irons.  I had the heads blasted after ping damaged the cavities when I had them adjust the lies.  The faces look better, I hated the dark 2 tone stock look.  They look more I200 ish.  I still love the I200 look overall than mine.  Might try to sell mine for a set but that's only because I like the looks.

I hit the 7 irons from each set yesterday on GC2.  Alternated every other shot...I was amazed.  Exactly the same for the most part.  The ie1 had the cfs shaft and the I200 had the awt.  Ball speeds, height and angle of Decent were identical.  Offline was between -2 and -4 for the I200 and 0 and -2 for the ie1.  Spin was more with the I200 which was the shaft so maybe that's why it was 2 more yards offline.  Distance wise the ie1 was 2 yards longer.

Went to the St. Louis Golf Expo on Saturday. I tried the iBlade, just to say I had touched it - but it's too much club for me.

I did somewhat better with the i200, but the 7i w/ S300 shaft only went about 130 yards (launch monitor indoors). i200 might be better with lighter shaft, but I worry I'd have to swing my best to get much out of the i200 head. It's a beautiful club!

Hit a couple of shots with a G 7i w/AWT2.0 R-flex, and it flew out to 145. In past, I had motivating session with G irons at 2016 PGA Show.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Looking at the I200 cavity made me dislike the blue stripe on my ie1 irons.  Started last weekend working on getting rid of it.  Bad news is it's NOT painfill.

IMAG3398.jpg

Just tried the 8i and 6i in lefty. My 8i distances are exactly the same as my MP-52, but the 6i went a lot shorter. It seems like I got used to the 2 degree flatter lie I put on the MP-52. I kept digging the heel. Once I setup much "taller" the distances were better with the 6i, but still 13 yards shorter than I expect.

I think the i200 are really nice looking irons and the feel off the longer club was really nice. I mishit that thing by a lot, and they still feel good. If I mishit that badly on the MP-52, it would feel like total crap. The simulator showed nice and high flights.

I also tried the 8i and 6i in the iBlades. Again, mishits were much kinder than with my MP-52. Also, my 6i distances were not as good for the same reasons the i200 6i was anemic. I was about 13 yards shorter on my carry distances even though the total distances were not that bad.

Both 8i were identical in carry distances to my current MP-52. Going to test them another time when my muscles are not quite as sore as today, so I can adapt better to "taller" lie angles.

The iBlades and the i200 look about the same from setup, even though the soles are a lot thicker on the i200. I think they look really nice.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Same shaft in your irons as the Pings?

S300 in my current irons and I thought were on the i200 that I tested as well?

I think the heel was digging as the tape wore off after two shots in the heel/hosel area. My normal clubs are a bit more than 2 degrees flat, so I assume that the toe side contact is due to a mis fitting? It's about 3/4" out from the sweet spot. Got one shot to full distance, but the rest were pretty severe mishits. The balls had a very high flight as well. Spin was about 6000 even with all the tape.

8i was not so bad. 

I'm also assuming the LM (GC2) is correct as well? 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

My normal clubs are a bit more than 2 degrees flat, so I assume that the toe side contact is due to a mis fitting?

Your Mizuno's were showing contact on the toe side? Yes that may indicate they are a little too flat.

Mike McLoughlin

27 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Your Mizuno's were showing contact on the toe side? Yes that may indicate they are a little too flat.

So, does what you are asking mean that toe side means too flat while too far upright would result in something like heel shots?

I thought it was the opposite?

in any case, I had to stand much "taller" than what I was used to normally with my Mizuno which are possible more than 2 degrees flat? I don't hit them great or anything, but I average somewhere nearer the center with them.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I haven't  seen a set of I200's yet with s300 in them is all.  If your at a golf store, they probably have a fitting cart and u can choose the color coded head and shaft.  All the off the rack I200's I seen are either cfs or awt.

7 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

I haven't  seen a set of I200's yet with s300 in them is all.  If your at a golf store, they probably have a fitting cart and u can choose the color coded head and shaft.  All the off the rack I200's I seen are either cfs or awt.

Interesting, thanks. I'll check out what they have next weekend.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!