IGNORED

Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 1178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats!  I used to play that course when I lived down there - saw the ugliest animal I've ever seen on that course near one of the ponds.  It looked like it was part coyote and part dingo or something, leathery-looking black skin with little tufts of orange-brown fur all over it.  Weird.  It followed us at a distance for two holes, we never did figure out exactly what it was.

Did it look like this?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac62

Congrats!  I used to play that course when I lived down there - saw the ugliest animal I've ever seen on that course near one of the ponds.  It looked like it was part coyote and part dingo or something, leathery-looking black skin with little tufts of orange-brown fur all over it.  Weird.  It followed us at a distance for two holes, we never did figure out exactly what it was.

Did it look like this?

It looked almost exactly like that.  WTH is that thing???

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Chupacabra.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Well its that time of the season that I get past the 100 mark and start closing in on 90 ... shot a 91 today today with 2 birdies ... don't think I have ever had a 2 bird round! While relatively easy course, its still a great feeling.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

That's a coyote with mange.  It's a big problem for them and it can spread to the whole population.  Big Bear Lake almost lost the entire population of coyotes to mange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac62

That's a coyote with mange.  It's a big problem for them and it can spread to the whole population.  Big Bear Lake almost lost the entire population of coyotes to mange.

At least that solves the mystery, lol.  It had bite marks all over its back and was one of the most horrendous looking things I've ever seen.  I've seen a lot of coyotes in my time, but never saw one that looked like that before or since!

Chupacabra.

That was more like what we were thinking when we saw it that day! :-D

Mac

WITB:

Well this was a great surprise: I keep my handicap through Golf Digest's online handicap tracking tool. It had been down for a few weeks and I was assuming it was going the way of the dodo and that I was going to lose all of my old scores, but it's back up and running this afternoon. I went to add a bunch of recent rounds (read: lousy rounds) and was dreading my HC bumping up from 22.7 to god-knows-what, but I must've had some ghastly scores in there that dropped off because I went down to 20.9! I wonder if it's a glitch in their system since it just came back online or what since I'd been moving by increments of 0.4 at most the past half year, but for now I'll take it! It's right in line with my Game Golf handicap of 20.5, so it still passes the sniff test, I suppose.

I'm going to get around to manually backing up my scores into a spreadsheet so I don't get boned again by their site going down.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

After a terrible first round and a bit of practice to shake the rust off, shot one over bogey for 9 holes with no lost balls some very good long shots and only one awful. Short game inconsistency still mostly cost me with multiple awful shots, but would have been under bogey if not for a 3 to get out of one bunker (clods of sand and poor strokes). About where I left off last season - now to chip away at the weaknesses.

Kevin

WOoooooooooo! Broke 90 for the first time at Creeksbend Golf Course in New Prague, MN. (white tees)

I only get to play 18 holes about once a month and w/ Minnesota weather, that usually means only 6 or 7 times a year. (I play a ton of 9 hole courses, just works well for my schedule)

I was pumped, I really didn't play all that well, had a bunch of chances to go lower but my iron game failed me. I didn't have a birdie putt within 30 feet.....

It was all about getting up and down for par or bogey. Blew up a couple holes but never worse than triple. Drove the ball well, chipped and putted lights out. Just a sloppy mid-iron game.

45 on the front nine, 43 on the back. STOKED

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Originally Posted by Crim

WOoooooooooo! Broke 90 for the first time at Creeksbend Golf Course in New Prague, MN. (white tees) ...

...45 on the front nine, 43 on the back. STOKED

Congratulations, isn't that first time a great feeling? :dance:

Mac

WITB:

Had 2 9's of 43 (7 over) this week. Had a disastrous back 9 yesterday and actually got a 9 on a par 5 and ended up with 50, which scotched my attempt to break 90, yet again, I ended up with a 93.  My long game seems to be improving but the short game is where I am focusing my practice now.

Congratulations, isn't that first time a great feeling?

Congrats, great achievement.

Had 2 9's of 43 (7 over) this week. Had a disastrous back 9 yesterday and actually got a 9 on a par 5 and ended up with 50, which scotched my attempt to break 90, yet again, I ended up with a 93.  My long game seems to be improving but the short game is where I am focusing my practice now.

Don't forget about ESC, at least for purposes of posting your scores.  If your handicap is accurate (13.9), the highest score ESC allows you to take is a 7 - which still doesn't get you below 90, but puts you squeaky close at a 91.

Mac

WITB:

Thanks ya'll, I followed it up by playing an absolutely disastrous round at my local par 3 yesterday.

Le sigh. That's golf.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

[QUOTE name="SteveH" url="/t/70872/bogey-golfers-only-hi-from-16-22-breaking-90-thread/1224#post_1148286"]   Had 2 9's of 43 (7 over) this week. Had a disastrous back 9 yesterday and actually got a 9 on a par 5 and ended up with 50, which scotched my attempt to break 90, yet again, I ended up with a 93.  My long game seems to be improving but the short game is where I am focusing my practice now. [/QUOTE] Don't forget about ESC, at least for purposes of posting your scores.  If your handicap is accurate (13.9), the highest score ESC allows you to take is a 7 - which still doesn't get you below 90, but puts you squeaky close at a 91.

It doesn't happen very often that I exceed ESC, but I tend to post the raw scores and keep two handicaps. One is my raw score which is what I put in my profile, and one official one which is calculated automatically when I enter my raw score into the handicap system. If you want to monitor your improvement, ESC dumbs down and enhanced any improvement and it takes longer to see any actual changes. Of course, it is good to monitor all your individual statistics as well, which is even more refined. It took me about a year of blindly monitoring these stats before they started making some sense to me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Shot a 32, 38 at Tecolote canyon.  That front was just 3 over which included 1 penalty stoke.  7 pars of the front 9.

Tecolote is a par 58, rating/slope of 55.2/99.  That works out to a 16.9 HI differential.

Not technically breaking 90 but it kind of feels like it since the differential is less than 18.

Shot a 32, 38 at Tecolote canyon.  That front was just 3 over which included 1 penalty stoke.  7 pars of the front 9.

Tecolote is a par 58, rating/slope of 55.2/99.  That works out to a 16.9 HI differential.

Not technically breaking 90 but it kind of feels like it since the differential is less than 18.

Nice! 7/9 pars is great.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 1178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!