IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I've started, finally, after 35 years of life, learning to leave my ego in my pocket and just focus on hitting a pure shot, rather than a hard one.

I've been shaping shots like mad. Taking one less club than "normal" and throwing darts.

Loving the game right now.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I was 5 yards off the green on a par 4. About 40' from the pin. Ball was pretty deep. I hit it pure with my 58* and it caught the break and dropped for birdie. Almost did it again later the same round. Hit the pin and rolled out about a foot.

Hit one of the best shots of my life.

It was a short par 4 and I crushed a hybrid down to 100 yards out.
I hit a 54* that bounced in line with the hole. Bounced past it, and sucked back to 3 feet. Got a few claps since the green is in-line with the 1st teebox and there were a load of people waiting to tee off.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

My best shot was not on the golf course. I was chipping the golf ball in my front yard with my 9 iron and my friend was in my garage (about 15 feet away). My garage is about 5 feet higher the my front yard. So anyways I called out my friends name and as he was turning around I hit him in the stomach with the ball. hahah

That's great, made me laugh.

Mine was today on #2 a Par 4 351 yards. Hit a 250 yard drive dead middle of fairway. I clubbed up from a 56* to 52* because there is a bunker in front protecting green. Had 125 to back green, which slopes back to front. Hit a perfect, 3/4 52* to within 12 feet, parred the hole.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

7 iron from about 160 on a decently tricky par 3. The ball landed about 6 feet past the pin and spun back to 6 feet in front of the pin. It was a wonder it a) didn't hit the flag on the fly, and b) didn't roll into the hole. It much have missed by inches at the most.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First shot on the course with my new Nike SQ Machspeeds. At the 150 stick I pull the 7iron (figuring I would get 135 max in the air and then it would roll to the green). I hit it flush and the ball takes off like it was shot out of a cannon, lands on the front of the green, and rolls right past the hole to the back fringe. Not a terrible great shot, but I got roughly 20 yards more carry on that shot than I used to get with my old set of irons so I got excited.

Waialae Country Club

15th hole, 415 yards.

I drove a ball down the left side that had a soft fade (a little wind aide too) and ended up in the center of the fairway 82 yards to the center of the green.

I also rolled in a long downhill putt from the fringe but that felt a little lucky...

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Was on the 8th hole at my home course, par 3 173 yards. I hit a 7I far right to the hole, and then a PW into the bunker on the right side of the green. Took out my 64* wedge and shot. The ball went up, landed softly on the green, and rolled into the hole.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Best was a 20 yard pitch shot with my 60° wedge after underclubbing on a 150 yard par 3. I was short-sided, going uphill about 5 feet, with a bunker's right edge a foot or two to the left of the line between the ball and the hole. Pin was probably 8 feet from the fringe, no more. Aimed right at the inside of the fringe, landed it maybe two or three feet past that, and watched it roll to about 8 inches, just past the hole. Easy tap in for the first par I've ever carded on that hole in probably a dozen attempts!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Had a chip-in from about 15 feet off the green to a pin about 10 feet from the fringe. Beautiful shot that landed right and the scooted left and had just enough speed to drop into the cup.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I hit some monster drives today. The longest was close to 280 dead center of the fairway. Another was a 5 wood from the next fairway to my fairway on a par 5.

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

Par 3 148 yards at Stone Meadows in White Haven, Pa. Pull a 7 iron and hit it perfectly straight and very high, lands about 15 feet past the pin and rolls back to 10 feet. First time I have ever made a ball spin backwards. Damn, that was a great feeling.

After a less than impressive lay up into the start of the tree line, laying in the rough at 179 yards. I took my 5 iron and 3/4 swing with the ball back in my stance and hit a low boring shot that nailed the green and 2 putted to save par.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 5 third shot in from 100 metre marker. Hit a good pitching wedge to 3 feet and sunk the putt for the bird.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

I think the best shot I had the last time I played was about 110 yd shot to the flag with a W it stuck and was about a foot from the pin. I can even make those putts.