IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Another 2 stick out to me. First one, I hit my drive into the trees, only play is to chip out. I approach the shot get my yardage, and it's actually a distance I'm pretty comfortable with. So I pull my 56° and hit a nice shot, lands right where I wanted and rolls out. The contours of the green take it right by the flag and it stops at about 4 feet, knock the par in and I've just one putted the toughest green on.the course.

Second shot, which is really the best, was my tee shot on 8, a par 4 that's around 150 from the tees I'm playing. It's a bit of a sucker pin but it's not terrible. I address the ball, aiming for the center of the green, if it's straight good, fades awesome, hooks I have plenty of green to work with. As I'm standing over the ball I weaken my left hand grip just a touch, then swing. As I'm watching the ball fly it actually fades a touch and is right online with the flag. It lands a few feet short of the flag and hops forward and left. I'm pin high less than 3 feet, it was almost within the leather. Sank the birdie putt.

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

10 minutes ago, roejye said:

Second shot, which is really the best, was my tee shot on 8, a par 4 that's around 150 from the tees I'm playing. It's a bit of a sucker pin but it's not terrible. I address the ball, aiming for the center of the green, if it's straight good, fades awesome, hooks I have plenty of green to work with. As I'm standing over the ball I weaken my left hand grip just a touch, then swing. As I'm watching the ball fly it actually fades a touch and is right online with the flag. It lands a few feet short of the flag and hops forward and left. I'm pin high less than 3 feet, it was almost within the leather. Sank the birdie putt.

You played a par 4 that was only 150 but hit your tee shot onto the green and 1 putted for a birdie? Assuming you meant to say it's a par 3?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, klineka said:

You played a par 4 that was only 150 but hit your tee shot onto the green and 1 putted for a birdie? Assuming you meant to say it's a par 3?

Yes, par 3. I was so excited to talk about the shot. 

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

Hit a 7i on a 170 yard par 3 that started at the flag and faded slightly. Ended up 4’ right of the hole.

Made the putt… for bogey 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Second shot on a par-5 from right side of fairway, 225 yds from the green.  Slight downhill lie, must clear a creek in front of the green.  So I hit a 3 wood which starts at right/middle of green with fade.  The ball clears the creek, and ends up pin high about 10 inches off the green. My Eagle putt just missed the edge of the hole, and I made the 6 inch birdie putt.

Luis

• 2 weeks later...

This one was pretty impressive if I do say so myself. This is the 9th hole at Arrowhead Lakes Golf Course in Galena, OH. It is a 420 yard Par-4. 
You can't tell from the picture but it is uphill all the way to just past the sand trap and then it's a small plateau and then downhill all the way to the green. The green is protected by bunkers on either side and a pond on the right. BTW - That pond probably collects 250 balls per day. 🤪

image.png.459e4d66374522f682f374962315a809.png 

Yesterday the hole was playing into the wind. I hit a heely scabber of a drive that scooted out to about 220 yards. I was trying to hit a low stinging draw that would land on the fairway and run out to 250 or 260, but ... well, yeah. 

Normally I play my second shot on this hole from up near the sand trap. I'm usually left with something like 165 to 175 in, sometimes a bit less. Yesterday I had 205 out of the right rough. It plays downhill so I didn't think I needed an extra club even though it was right into the wind.  I played 5 wood which is my 205 to 215 club. 

Because my lousy drive didn't get me to the top of the hill I could not see the green. I walked up to make sure the green was clear and lined up off the very left edge of the tree that's right before the water and the green. I knew that right of the tree is basically a ball in the water. 

Sure enough perfectly struck 5 wood. Dead straight right over the very left edge of the tree I was lining up on. As soon as I hit it I knew it was going to be pretty good. When I walked back up the hill I saw my ball about a foot and a half from the cup. 

When I got up to the ball, it was even better. The ball had backed up about a foot. The ball mark was about 6 inches from the cup between the ball and the hole. 

I'm not sure if it's the best 5 wood I ever hit, but I surely can't think of a better one. 👍😁👍

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Yesterday had a magnificent shot….but with a bad result.  I was on a Par 3 with @ 165 to center & @ 180 to back of green.  I’ve been trying to play to the back of the green lately since I often come up short.  Thus choose my 6 Hybrid which I consider my 175 club.  

I hit the mist absolutely clean & crisp shot of my life.  The ball had a nice trajectory and was on a bee line directly at the pin.  I just knew I nailed it as soon as I hit it.

It landed @ 5 feet short of the far back of the green out ran out well past the green.  When I got home I checked my Shot Scope and it pegged the shot at 201 yards.  I never hit that club that long, NEVER!

It was only a little down hill and wind was from the side.  In the past I have never overshot that green with that club.

The result sucked but at least if was because my shot was “Too Good” and not due to a bad shot.

I am sticking with my strategy, one great shot is just an outlier.  But it does tell me my potential if I could just dial in and repeat it.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

The best shots that I liked the most were actually both holes that I'd OB a shot and with just brilliant 150-160y pitch shot two within 2-3ft to the hole on a very tough multi-tier green ... I don't know why I attacked this green so well and why I've had issues elsewhere on this hole ..but personal nothing better than dropping the ball in strong crosswinds from distance on an area the size of a snooker table with greens to match the speed of that table

Go Foxy Go

Not a lot to pick and choose from, but I salvaged a par on a particular hole I tend to struggle with. 

The tee box arrangement on the No. 9 hole at Miami Shores and my general lack of care sees me push a lot of tee shots through the trees on the right and toward the No. 1 fairway. 

Yesterday I was in No. 1's right rough with about 145 yards and some really tall pines in my way. Figuring there wasn't much to lose at that point, I pulled 8I for the hero shot. Hit it clean and the sucker just did get over the top. It ended up just short of the green, but it was a nice up-and-down from there for the par.

Edited by mcanadiens

2 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

The best shots that I liked the most were actually both holes that I'd OB a shot

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Where I come from OB means "Out of Bounds". 

Hey Stu, Great shot. Bad result. But I bet it felt great. 👍😁👍

On 8/30/2023 at 9:16 PM, StuM said:

I hit the mist absolutely clean & crisp

I'm wondering if the mist you hit made the club/ball wet and took spin off the ball. Therefore it traveled farther than normal. 🤪

Maybe you should always play in "The Mist"?giphy.gif.04181363721b19b30f4dfdee171d6e52.gif

• Funny 1

33 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:
On 8/30/2023 at 9:16 PM, StuM said:

I'm wondering if the mist you hit made the club/ball wet and took spin off the ball. Therefore it traveled farther than normal. 🤪

Maybe you should always play in "The Mist"?

Nice polite way to point out my typo.  It meant to say “most absolutely clean & crisp”

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

After blading my 9 iron over a par 3. My ball was up against a row of high grass and weeds. I had about 30 yards to the green, which severely banked away from me. I basically hit a giant flop shot about 1-2 Ft onto the green and the ball rolled out to 5-FT to the pin. It was the best shot of the week because I used proper short game pitching technique. I had to give that shot a lot of speed due to the tall grass and weeds I had to cut down before getting to the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

48 minutes ago, StuM said:

Nice polite way to point out my typo.  It meant to say “most absolutely clean & crisp”

Of course, I knew that. But I just can't resist giving you a hard time. 

I'm sure I make more type-o's than anyone here so:

pot-kettle.gif.8f1ad0faa54d78f11215efe896533bdb.gif

• Funny 2

16 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Where I come from OB means "Out of Bounds". 

Yes "Out of bounds" one off the tee the next from my second shot ...on PAR5 ..but on both occasions I put my pitch right next to the hole from some distance to secure 1pt and draw the hole

Go Foxy Go

Didn’t hit many crisp full swing shots today, but on #18 after chunking my 4W off the tee I had a nice 6-iron from 180 yards to inside 10 feet to set up a birdie to finish. IMG_3053.thumb.png.5bf125aebbaa4d9b346223d2a8ef1707.png

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My first drive to green(ever to stay on green this year) on a slight uphill PAR4 317y at my local links course ...some backing wind 10mph  ..full effort swing (was a practice round playing 2x balls off the tee) .. Flag at the back of the green walked up hoping I'd made the green (Generally end up 10-15 yards in front or to the side etc) ...

ball ended up directly to the side of the flag at the back of the green ..must have been a perfect roll up the 20yard long green.. and I did sink the putt .. if only in a comp ..with other players !!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Go Foxy Go

Par 3, had 145 to a front pin. Perfect PW yardage. I strike it well, flying right at the flag, lands on the front edge and takes a big hop and stops about 2.5 feet right of the hole. Easy birdie for me.

Then a playing partner steps up after me and hits an even better shot to inside a foot for his tap in too. His ball mark was even closer than where my ball was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV