IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Last Thursday - On #8 at Buffalo Dunes , a 189 yard par 3, plays downhill and downwind. I put my tee shot into the front left green side bunker. My friend hit the middle of the green.

I holed my sand shot for birdie. He three-putted for bogey.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Played Saturday in WI with some strong winds that day. Paper said 20+ sustained with 30+ mph gusts. Crazy day.

Par 5, put my second shot right by some trees. Wind was howling right to left. Overhanging branches blocked any shot at the green, much less the pin. I said, "Take your lumps Mark and just pitch right of the green" (about 67 yards) and maybe chip/putt for par. I got a sand wedge up in the air in the only opening I had right of the green. The wind was blowing so hard that the ball "blew" left, then more left, then some more and "plop" on the green. Still 2-putted for par, but what a goofy shot!!!
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

After a 130 yard 9-iron draw towards the pin on the left side of a really tight par-3, I sniped the 10 foot birdie putt for my first birdie of 2009! It took a while, but I finally got the monkey off my back. It was at the par-3 course I've been practicing at. I haven't played a round of 18 in over a month now as I have devoted all my free time to the grass range. I can't wait to play a round when I'm on my game. Feeling confident this year.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In a round that included one of the biggest slices I've ever hit, a shanked 6 iron and a topped 5 iron, I also managed two of the sweetest shots I've ever played.

Shot one. Uphill green, big bunker in the front, 90 metres to the flag. I hit my 50˚ wedge and it went like a tracer bullet right at the flag, it pitched on a slight downslope and stopped about 5 feet later, 6 inches from the hole. Tap in bird #1. (I should mention I was lucky to be on the fairway at all, miss-hit my driver and it went really low before bouncing over the fairway bunker! You take your luck when you get it I guess.)

Shot 2: Par 5. Hit my second which ended up just in the right hand rough. 120m from the hole, even bigger bunker in front of the green and only a couple of metres to stop it. Hit it so sweet and it flew high and straight at the flag. It must have hit the hole because the pitch mark was 2 feet from the hole in a direct line from where I hit it and the ball was sitting 4 inches from the hole on the right hand side. Tap in bird #2.

After both birds I hit dreadful, weak fades to short Par 3s. Consistency!! Where are you??

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

Best shot I hit in quite some time was a few weeks ago actually at Tilden Park golf course in Berkeley.

Hole was a 220 yd par 3, slightly downhill, only trouble is some redwood trees on the left that I managed to find. I find my ball sitting up against a tree with the root right behind the ball. I have no way of hitting it right handed unless i wanted to try and bank it off the tree and hope it went in the direction of the green. Only problem, there is a bunker between my ball and the green, only a small one that doesn't have much of a lip and the sand looks pretty hard. I had to hit it left handed, coming down at a very steep angle just to get a club on it, ran it through the bunker, off the lip, it popped up and landed about 18 ft from the hole where I proceeded to drain the putt and really piss off the guys we were playing against.

My partner and I swept the points on that with pars and proceeded to both birdie the par 5 right after for another sweep of the points and receive a nice FU from our playing partners.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Played a rough round yesterday. I was short-sided in the bunker on the 5th hole (par 3). The sand was nice and soft, only the top inch was soft, and the ground underneath was absolutely ridiculous. I took a nice swing and picked it nicely only because of the hard-packed sand under, it shot to about 20 yards past the green.

Then I made a great up and down to save my bogey.

I got another good one tonight at the par 3 course. 188 yards with a road on the left and water on the right. I hit my 3-iron 5-6 yards past the hole and had a pretty tough downhiller for birdie. I left it to tap in range for a par. Feels good....wow, I'm loving my improved swing.

Constantine

#17 today I had a very long drive but rolled off the fairway into the left side rough. Hole is a long par 5 and I usually get a bogey or doulbe if my putting is off. After walking to my drive, i top a 3 wood trying to make green in two but it rolled a good 40 yards putting me in deeper rough about 20 yards away from some very tall trees. Grabbed my 7 iron, not sure if I could hit over the trees or not. Went for it anyway, ball flew over the trees, landed about 6 feet from the hole. Made the birdie putt. Probably only my 6th of the year or so. Felt great.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

21 foot putt made for my first birdie of the year.

I hope the second will be made before Labor Day.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Best shot of the day was a drive on the 13th hole, today. I hit my driver 345 yards, downhill. Absolutely smoked this ball, nice high draw and was worried that with the roll I would be in the bunker. My playing partner said "You don't have to worry about that bunker. It's 350 yards, away." Sure enough, I was right next to it. He looked at me and said "Oh my god." Felt great.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

had 2 zero putts today...
first was on a par5 505... approach shot about 180-190... hit a high flyer one bounce... hit the flagstick... into the hole for my first eagle of the season...
2nd was a par4 400... missed my approach shot pin high to the right on top of a hill next to the cart parking space... pw to the fringe... ball took a weird kick to the left then trickled into the hole... birdie
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• Administrator
Hybrid from 238 out on a par five today. Cross wind from left to right, green slopes from front to back. Put it to about five or six feet, made the putt for eagle.

One of the best shots I've made with my tweaked action.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17th at Leicester CC. Slightly uphill par 3 at 183 yards. Hit a comfortable 4 iron to the back of the green. Only the green slopes severely from back to front. 8 iron chip just missed the pin and rolled to about 2 feet off of the green. Made the 15-footer for my par. I'll take par anyday on that hole.

160 yard par 3 forced carry over hazard with bunker in front right. Bailout area front left and left side with steep slope helping. Talked it over with my partner, knowing my confidence is really low at this yardage. Aimed at the slope hoping for a helping hand. Hit there, bounced up on cartpath to left, back down, settled, then slowly rolled down the slope & onto the front left of the green, my partner & I screaming at it the whole time. Awesome. 3 putted for bogey, but didn't matter. Planning the execution of the tee shot, then executing it to plan, was phenomenal.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Hole 14, Woodmont Golf Club, Canton, GA: a 390-yard par 4 where a blind uphill tee shot sets up a downhill approach over a ravine. A sudden gust knocked down my drive, and I had 165 to the pin. I figured that the headwind and elevation change would cancel themselves out, and pulled my 6-iron. I hit it as pure as can be, and stiffed it 5 feet below the hole. Easy birdie.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...