IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

First shot on a short par 5 wound up in the fairway bunker. Took a 5 iron and managed to carry the ball 205 yards but came up just short of the green to which it landed in the greenside bunker. From there I used a wedge and landed it about 5 ft from the pin and sunk the put for a double-sandy birdie.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing 9 holes with my dad this past Saturday, I teed up my new driver on a 286 yard par 4.

I mashed it off the tee and couldn't see where it landed.

When we got to the green, I had driven it alongside the greenside bunker.  Maybe 10 yards off the green, if that.

I was stunned.

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

275 yard 3-wood to about 35 feet, leaving me an eagle putt. As soon as I made contact I knew it was good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The 11th Hole at my home club is a short par4 that makes for an excellent risk/reward/challenge hole!!!!

It only plays 350yds from the tees I played today.(377yds from the tips) The yardages posted are yardages from the forward tees I played today.  This is a simple birdie-hole, but big numbers are possible because any wayward tee shot= lost ball.  Miss left....say goodbye to your ball.   Try to cut the corner and come up short....Pray it reaches the bunkers!!   Miss right.......Good Bye Ball.

To Play this hole conservatively, it's a 235-240yd tee-shot out to the corner, and a simple full wedge of some kind to the green.   If you choose to cut the corner, there are risks!!   If you carry the bunkers, you can play towards the green.     I'm just a short knocker and the wind was favorable, so I cut the corner between the 245-255yd carry bunkers.

The pin was cut center and my approach to the pin was similar to this view.......................  My ball was more forward of this view and I had to pitch over the left bunker to a middle pin with the green sloping away/right............

I had 42yds to the pin.......The greens were firm and fast today.....I nipped it just right...carried the bunker...it took one big hop....bit....and released a few more feet right next to the cup..      Easy TAP-IN birdie from 12"!     Even I can make that putt!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

437 yard Par 4

Hit a perfect drive 280 over a forced carry.  Followed the drive with an approach that put me within 5 feet of the hole for birdie.  Sadly, the put was one revolution off from dropping.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

437 yard Par 4

Hit a perfect drive 280 over a forced carry.  Followed the drive with an approach that put me within 5 feet of the hole for birdie.  Sadly, the put was one revolution off from dropping.

Nice Par :whistle:

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

17th par 3 over water 157 yards , 1 up on my 20 dollar side bet, instead of swinging hard at 8 iron or easy 7 I choked down about an inch on 7 gave it a solid hit got my draw hit 12 inches short and ........... Sat lol, oh well got me a skin and 3 putt bogey on last got me my 20

I had quite a few memorable shots in my round tlast Monday. The 2 best ones were: 1) 14th hole Par 5 - after a stray drive I punched myself back to just off the fairway to the right about 220yds to the green. With some luck my ball was sitting up about an inch off of the ground. I pulled out my 3 iron (first time in ages) and proceeded to whack the ball about 5yds left and short of the green. Chipped on and made par. 2) 18th hole Par 4 - undercoocked my tee shot leaving me 205yds to the pin with a small water hazard about 3-4yds short of the green from the fairway over some trees. Decided to go for it. Pulled out 4 iron and hit a majestic shot with a slight fade over the trees. Couldn't see the where it landed and didn't hear water splashing. It ended up about 1 foot past the hazard after rolling back. Chipped on and made the par putt. Great finish to the round for a double bogey golfer!

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

Probably not quite my best shot, but certainly the one I was most pleased with due to the thought process behind it. On the par 5 fourth, there's a great bail out just right - it's a valley hole so it usually bounces off that and falls to nGIR. Annoyingly, after a good drive and a slightly pushed 3 wood, my ball was in the deep rough (with a decent lie) about 2 inches from being on the fairway. I've done a lot of work with my pitching recently, with half, quarter swings and trying to get those yardages dialed in, so I felt pretty confident I'd hit my number. There's a small ridge just in front of the green (about 25 yards away) that I needed to clear, with the flag about 15 yards on from there. Figuring it was out of the rough, I basically needed to fly it 30 and let it release, but aimed left of the flag as I have a little tendency to hold my wrists through and push the ball right. Quarter swing with the sand wedge does 30 yards, it bounced, didn't check and rolled to 6 feet left of the flag, pin high. Nice little putt for birdie :-) .

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Shortest par 3 on the course could not have came at a better time as I was falling apart. Took my time on the tee box, 162 to the pin slightly downhill. Grabbed my 8i and pulled it deep into the woods and was ready to snap. Parter yells "no way!" And I turn and see my ball about 7 ft to the pin. Take what I can get.

The shot I probably was most satisfied with this week was my drive with my Top Flite Gamer ball and using  my Adams Super S Speedline 3 fairway wood to a 210 yard par 3 which ended up in line with the flag and about 15 feet from it. I was getting so over-excited about a possible easy putt for the birdie that I three putted for a bogie on a hole that even in the worst case scenario shouldn't have been more than a par.

I had a few shots today that really gave me a sense of satisfaction. #1. Was a 125 yd. pitch shot which I pitched to within 18 inches of the hole which enabled me to get par. #2. Was a drive to a 210 yd. par 3 which ended up 7 feet from the cup. #3. Was a 45 foot chip shot which I chipped to within 6 inches of the cup which enabled to to par the hole. #4. Was on a 35 yd. putt which I putted to within 2 inches of the cup to save par

Those are the 4 shots that stood out today

Probably not quite my best shot, but certainly the one I was most pleased with due to the thought process behind it. On the par 5 fourth, there's a great bail out just right - it's a valley hole so it usually bounces off that and falls to nGIR. Annoyingly, after a good drive and a slightly pushed 3 wood, my ball was in the deep rough (with a decent lie) about 2 inches from being on the fairway. I've done a lot of work with my pitching recently, with half, quarter swings and trying to get those yardages dialed in, so I felt pretty confident I'd hit my number. There's a small ridge just in front of the green (about 25 yards away) that I needed to clear, with the flag about 15 yards on from there. Figuring it was out of the rough, I basically needed to fly it 30 and let it release, but aimed left of the flag as I have a little tendency to hold my wrists through and push the ball right. Quarter swing with the sand wedge does 30 yards, it bounced, didn't check and rolled to 6 feet left of the flag, pin high. Nice little putt for birdie .

After all that, I played again today with two mates on a really tough local course (Hankley Common) and took it to the 18th (stroke play) after playing the previous four holes at +1. The 18th is a brutal hole - 432 yards par 4, with a ravine to carry in front of the green, heather left and right and an undulating fairway (if slightly downhill after about 250). I stepped up first and promptly hit a low draw that rocketed down to 89 yards to the flag - a 332 yard hit. Pretty much won the hole and the match for me!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

This week, I can't think of one specific shot that stood out to me. Instead, I made a bunch of consistent bunker shots that allowed me to get up and down. Considering how bad I used to struggle out of the sand, being able to get up and down from the beaches multiple times was a huge win for me and definitely helped my scores.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

152 yards to flag with 7 iron on the Par 3 8th hole of Pelham Bay Golf Course....I made the putt

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

My best shot this week was a well played approach shot.

Situation : 18th hole, par 4, at River Forest - After a fair drive, I had 150 yards to the hole for my uphill approach with the ball slightly below my feet.

Mental process : With the uphill approach, I hit my 160 yard club (5 iron), but with the ball below my feet, I set up to hit a slight fade.

The shot : I hit a crisp shot that faded perfectly. The ball landed on the green and left me a 12 foot, uphill putt.

The Result : I missed the birdie putt and settled for par.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

My best shot of the week was Sunday on a 153 yard par 3 hole.  I hit a choked down 6 iron from the elevated tee box to the middle area of the green.  The green slopes away so usually everything runs off into the rough.  My ball rolled to the right a little and was about 5 feet from the hole.  I drained that 5th putt like a boss. :-O

• Upvote 1

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Played a 160yd Par 3. Duffed my tee shot badly. Left my with a 120yd shot to the green... Off of a 70 degree downhill lie... In thick grass.. Having to carry a ditch of 90yds at my stance level... I took out my 8 iron, choked up, hooded my clubface and had a very weird stance. The ball went about 5yds past the green.green, certainly my best recovery ever! ever

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!