IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge February 2017

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Just now, woodzie264 said:

Nice swing!

Thanks! It is in slow mo... gets a bit more ragged the quicker you go though! You should see where it's come from - it's a great advert for evolvrΒ :-)

Β 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, b101 said:

Thanks! It is in slow mo... gets a bit more ragged the quicker you go though! You should see where it's come from - it's a great advert for evolvrΒ :-)

Β 

You're right - big difference - nice work!

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

More range work on the backswing and shallowing the club. Now doing some slow-motion work in front of a Crossfield Vlog.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

2/17-shoulder turn work while on a conference call. Later, some putting in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2/17: Busy fixing the truck this evening. Five minutes of wall drill and a few pitch shots, but not much else.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My SwingΒ | Course VlogsΒ | Favorite PostΒ |Β Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

On my way home!Β 

5 min practice swings with no club or ball at Bogota's El Dorado Airport

started with hands on wall to feel resistance of downward transition from lower body turn on left side

next did V structure swings, pushing down to work muscles thru arms to back

finally arms across the chest and slow swings to feel turn

Β 

2/18 - grip; small pitch swings with a few long full swings. Steady head, inline impact, and balanced forward weight shift

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

Played in a competition - 33 points isn't too shabby for where I feel my game is at the moment.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1330906

Now doing the evening mirror work trying to cement the backswing feel.

2/18: Good 20 minutes working on downswing club path with video. Flat left wrist, right elbow, shallowing and decent A6 club position. Was tending to tip club on downswing again so regained a bit of the feel again- needs to feel more outwards with hands and also keeps me from standing up.Β 

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

2/18 - Shoulder turn work and putting in the basement. There is a 2 foot thick glacier in my backyard where I usually set up my net. It is solid ice!Β :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

30 min

first swing practice with club (no balls) since teaching session.

key element is transition and promoting proper start to down swing.

sklz swing trainer help warm up and promote swing thru.

7 iron swings with first pump drill with a much exaggerated inside track using hockey style swings

Did the same with driver

absolutely love how club whips thru on this swing. Very excited to try on range and course tomorrow!

2/18: Played 18 today andΒ shot an 11 over,Β 84! :banana:

Β A full 9 strokes better than my scoring average over the lastΒ 8 rounds, and 3 strokes better than my record on this course. 1 birdie, 8 pars, 6 bogeys, 3 doubles.

I had 17 (n)GIRs! (Well, 4 were greenside bunkers but I managed to get out and reasonably close every time.)Β The only approach that wasn't in regulation was after I sliced a drive into a pond. The pond takes up a 1/4 to a 1/2 of my shot zone with the driver, no matter where I aim it. However, I had been hitting them straight all day, so I went for it. I recovered with a 160 yard 5 iron to 15 feet. Phew. I then proceeded to 3-putt for a double. Doh! Head-smack!Β I'll be hitting a 3-iron off that tee from now on.

Like anyone, I could go on and on about my best round ever. Truly nice feeling to have everything --Β drives, irons, pitching, putting, andΒ strategyΒ (thank you, LSW) -- come together on the same day.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My SwingΒ | Course VlogsΒ | Favorite PostΒ |Β Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

19/2 - Last day of range work, trying to get hands more passive in transition. Some definite success, but more work needed on shallowing the club in the downswing. Back to work tomorrow, so will have to really get back to the 5 minutes in the morning/evening!

Β 

Edited by b101

2/19 - An hour at the range. Focused on float load feel, Key 3 and completing the shoulder turn. Worked in 10 minutes segments with the PW and 7iron broken up with pitching and flighted wedge work. Lousy mats. The stall I was in was too small for the driver or woods.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Hit a bucket of balls before going out to play 18 (where I shot a 99, ugh)

New swing feltΒ very good on range, especially with shorter clubs.

felt turn and pow using long muscles. The longer the club, the more difficult finding the swing

Note:Β This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!