IGNORED

Michigan

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, dmay_golf said:

Any of you Michigan golfers ever played Forest Dunes or The Loop?  I've heard good things. And recently found out that one my best friends is very close with the owner there. So been thinking of taking a golf trip up there. 

I haven't personally but there is a link here somewhere about the course.  

Reversible Golf Course

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played Forest Dunes about 3 years after it opened.  Very nice course but at $154 then I thought it was over priced.  Before I go back there I would play both the Dream and Nightmare in West Branch.  I see the rates are more reasonable now.  @dmay_golf, if you can get a good deal then it would be worth playing there.

@JonMA1 @dennyjones, any course you two would like to play is fine by me, and Tuesday that week is good for me also.

Edited by tlazzol
Added conversation to JonMA1 and dennyjones
  • Informative 1

Another masochist ensnared by golf

http://www.maplecreekgolf-shepherd.com/golf/hours-rates/

@tlazzol, @dennyjones,  what do you guys thinks about this course? I'm going to tentatively plan on playing Tuesday, September 5th sometime in the morning. It doesn't have to be this course.

Anyone is welcome to join me. If interested, just post to this thread. I'm open to suggestions as far as where.

Jon

@tlazzol, @dennyjones I made a tee time for 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept 5. For now, it's 3 riding 18 holes. It's not a big deal for others to join or if anyone cancels. He said he'e appreciate a call if we cancel. Obviously, anyone else interested in playing will have to call the course.

The Fall rates apply ($25 per person). They have a driving range.

Edit: Kind of important....   

http://www.maplecreekgolf-shepherd.com

Details... details.

Edited by JonMA1
Senility
  • Informative 1

Jon

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

@tlazzol, @dennyjones I made a tee time for 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept 5. For now, it's 3 riding 18 holes. It's not a big deal for others to join or if anyone cancels. He said he'e appreciate a call if we cancel. Obviously, anyone else interested in playing will have to call the course.

The Fall rates apply ($25 per person). They have a driving range.

Edit: Kind of important....   

http://www.maplecreekgolf-shepherd.com

Details... details.

You realize you're responsible for good weather...:whistle:

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You realize you're responsible for good weather...:whistle:

In that case, we're in trouble. Ask @tlazzol about my track record on providing good weather.

Jon

On 8/21/2017 at 10:49 PM, dmay_golf said:

Any of you Michigan golfers ever played Forest Dunes or The Loop?  I've heard good things. And recently found out that one my best friends is very close with the owner there. So been thinking of taking a golf trip up there. 

Read this:

Forest Dunes

• 3 months later...

I live in Mason, south of Lansing.  Retired and don't mind driving up to 3 hours to play.  If I'm able to play next year we can get together.  But looking at your index I don't think we'll be playing the same tees.

Another masochist ensnared by golf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/30/2018 at 11:11 PM, criley4way said:

Ann Arbor here and looking for new people to play with.

I get out to Eagle Crest in Ypsilanti a few times per year. I will hit you up next time I go. 

- Mark

45 minutes ago, tlazzol said:

@criley4way, @Braivo, @dennyjonesI would also be interested in getting together.  I played Eagle Crest last December.  Like to see it in warmer conditions!  Any day but Tuesdays.

@Tlazzol and @Bravio I have a group that plays at 6pm on Thursdays. We are doing Stonebridge and Lake Forest but always open to play on weekend. You are welcome to join us any time. Just give me a few days.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:02 PM, tlazzol said:

@criley4way, @Braivo, @dennyjonesI would also be interested in getting together.  I played Eagle Crest last December.  Like to see it in warmer conditions!  Any day but Tuesdays.

It looks like the weather will break soon.   I think we'll have to wait until the courses dry but I'm game to play.   I'm free almost any day.  @bkuehn1952's home course of Leslie Park in A2  is very nice but I'm game for almost any course within a decent drive from my house.  

Note: This thread is 2170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!