IGNORED

Michigan

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I keep seeing posts from my fellow Michiganders.  We need to attempt to put a 4-some together this summer.  @tlazzol, @Braivo, @Wally Fairway, @JonMA1, @dennyjones, @bkuehn1952  Who am I missing?  Most seem to be north of Lansing.  Would Mt. Pleaasant be an acceptable area?  Weekend or weekday?  Let's make a pact that we try to get a 4-some together in 2017.  If it gets larger, great.  But baby steps.

Again, who am I missing?

• Upvote 3

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Michigan

Sounds like fun.. I'm about 2 hours from Mt. Pleasant but retired...

Forest Akers in East Lansing is a great course, actually there are two..

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Count me in. 

Mt. Pleasant or East Lansing works for me, but I'll drive as far south as is needed. (Especially early in the season!) Middle of the week or weekend should work for me. Riding or walking, as well.

Seems like there are a couple other Michiganders... one from Big Rapids and another from Roscommon, maybe?

Anyway, great idea Brian... long overdue. I'll follow the thread. 

• Upvote 1

Jon

I'm in the Lansing area, so only an hour or so to most course - just off the top of my head Forest Akers, Hawk Hollow, The Emerald, Coyote Preserve, The Majestic. I haven't played much around Mt. Pleasant but have heard good things about several courses up there; seems like I play either in the Lansing/Jackson area or further up north.
Depending on the timing I'm in for playing with some Sandtrappers!

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Thanks for the replies.  It is great that somewhere including or between E. Lansing and Mt. Pleasant likely works for at least 4 of us.  I am in Ann Arbor so to/from Mt. Pleasant and places closer is possible for a day trip.

When we get into March, we can start talking specific days and courses.

Brian Kuehn

13 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I keep seeing posts from my fellow Michiganders.  We need to attempt to put a 4-some together this summer. Who am I missing?  Most seem to be north of Lansing.  Would Mt. Pleaasant be an acceptable area?  Weekend or weekday?  Let's make a pact that we try to get a 4-some together in 2017.  If it gets larger, great.  But baby steps.

Again, who am I missing?

@rfeight in case you are interested.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

@bkuehn1952 Just saw your post.  Would be happy to join if you'll have me.  I am retired so pretty much any time any course.  I live 14mi south of Lasing in Mason.  Used to driving 2-3 hours to tournaments so that's not a concern for me.

• Upvote 1

Another masochist ensnared by golf

35 minutes ago, tlazzol said:

... Would be happy to join if you'll have me.... 

Welcome aboard, the more the merrier.  Actual "planning" will occur in March or April.  Our collective goal is to get at least a 4-some but if we get 5,6,7 etc... that will work too.

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator

If I'm free I may make the trip. Detroit isn't too far from me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

If I'm free I may make the trip. Detroit isn't too far from me.

That would be great Erik.

If I'm the only one north of East Lansing, it would make more sense for me to drive downstate. Right? No sense everyone coming up to Mt. Pleasant.

You guys figure out a central location that works best for everyone else, and I'll make the trip. Besides, there's a better chance the courses down there will be open and/or in good shape in March.

Jon

16 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

That would be great Erik.

If I'm the only one north of East Lansing, it would make more sense for me to drive downstate. Right? No sense everyone coming up to Mt. Pleasant.

You guys figure out a central location that works best for everyone else, and I'll make the trip. Besides, there's a better chance the courses down there will be open and/or in good shape in March.

I would not plan an outing for March here, very few courses are playable / enjoyable that time of year. Mid-April onward is a much better bet. 

- Mark

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Braivo said:

I would not plan an outing for March here, very few courses are playable / enjoyable that time of year. Mid-April onward is a much better bet. 

Obviously whether I can attend is near the bottom of the list of concerns, but April is almost entirely a no-go with the college team schedule. On weekends, that is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

@tlazzol @Braivo @Wally Fairway@JonMA1 @dennyjones @iacas 

We have not had a very cooperative March.  I think we should aim for a day in May.  It looks like the consensus is that a course in the Lansing area would work for most/all of us.  If anyone has a better suggestion for a location/area, post a reply.

I think some time during the week rather than a weekend is best but then I only work a bit now.  Others may have a problem with work schedules.  If you need to have the "outing" on a weekend, post a reply.  We need to be flexible to get the best turnout.

Once we get a sense that Lansing and a week day (or weekend) in May works for a majority, we can hone in on a course and exact day.

I have never tried to set something like this up so anyone with more experience, I will gladly turn over the reins to a more experienced planner. Let's make sure we get this done & scheduled. 

Brian Kuehn

As far as organizing this, I think you're doing fine @bkuehn1952, certainly better than I could do. In my opinion, you pick a day and see how many can commit to it.

For me, I'd prefer to schedule time off of work and play during the week. But if weekends work out better for most everyone else, I'll do my best to either be there, or let everyone know I can't make it and join the next outing that comes around.

Jon

May 10th, 13th, 21st and 22nd are busy days for me, but if the majority wants the 10th or 22nd I can change my plans to accommodate that. After scheduling,  payment will have to beat done. Need to make this easy for bkuehn1952 since he's doing the organizing. 

Edited by tlazzol
Tiny phone keyboard and clumsy fingers.

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Y'all pick a day that works for most, I'll have to check my schedule but hopefully I can make it.
I wanted to acknowledge @bkuehn1952's post, I'll get back to this thread as soon as I can say what day's I'm blocked +/- work issues.
I do know that the first week of May is out for me as I will be in Marquette moving my daughter out of a dorm, and then putting her on a plane for an overseas study course.

I should make it since it sounds like it will be almost in my back yard.

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 2196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!