IGNORED

The quest for 50

Themightyoz
Note:Β This thread is 2279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

My goalsfor the year are three fold but they all have the number 50.

Between April 15 and October 15.

1. Play 50 roundsΒ 

2. Driving Range Practice 50 times

3. Dedicated putting/chipping session 50 times

To get me in the spirit of things I'm reading a book on Father Son Tom Morris and The Greatest Game Ever Played. Β 

I'm going to be buying this putter because I have a hand tremor, this putter was designed for that which should help my game astronomically. Β Β 

Β 

https://www.biomechsports.com/golf/

Β 

Last year I also started dialing in my wedge game by buying a Cleveland 52 56 and 60 degree wedge. Β If you have never used a 60 degree wedge you have to try it . Β It has changed my short game incredibly.Β 

I also have a good teacher to go to so here's hoping for a great season. Β  Join me me on my quest for 50.

FB_IMG_1487718993486.jpg

FB_IMG_1487719010516.jpg

• Upvote 1

WITB

CobraΒ Β Wishon 911 DΒ FMAX 10.5oΒ Β ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

BiomechΒ Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Themightyoz said:

FB_IMG_1487719010516.jpg

Judging by that picture this may be a good one for you:

Get rid of the hip sway.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Thanks. Β These pictures are pretty old . Β  2013 I think. Β When I have time I will post some videos from the end of last season.Β 

WITB

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Β  I went to a golf rules seminar last night . Β Very interesting.Β 

• Upvote 1

WITB

• 1 month later...

First range session, putting session and round.

I did my first practice and round last week. Β Great to shake the rust off. Β 

Β 

Played with my new biomech acculock putter. Β  What a difference.Β 

Β 

First round was + 21 for 9 holes.

WITB

So its snowing here again... hopefully we can get back into it next week

WITB

Curse that snow....Don't send it our way. Β We had gorgeous 70s today and the golf course was amazing.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Last night of my official golf season last night. Β 

Year ending stats:Β 
34.7 GG HANDICAP
111.1 AVG SCORE
11% F'WAY ACCURACY
18% GIR
2.7 PUTTS PER HOLE
1% SCRAMBLING

Avg Drive 192.

Now to review:

I bought a new putter from BioMech sports that I am now just finally getting used too, but things are improving. Β Established an official golf handicap of 37 (Unofficially about 33). Β Played about 25 rounds and had about 20 practice sessions. Β Tracked my club lengths so I know how far I hit Β Played Golf in MB, BC and Onatario. Β Attended the LPGA Canadian Open, watched a bunch of Tournaments on the golf channel. Β Ran a Golf League and watched everyone improve over the summer.

I committed to the Single Plane Swing and bought five dvds and three training aids, plus a club fitting from Graves Golf Academy. Β Had great lessons from both Darren McMillan (chipping with a hybrid, who knew) and Frank Corby. Β  Thanks both. Β 

Β Volunteered with Golf Manitoba as a rules official and did enough hours to qualify for Level 2 once I do the exam. Β 

Read the books: Tour Tempo, Tommy's Honour, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Moe & Me by Lorne Rubenstein, Zen Golf, The Ultimate Golf Mental Game Guide, The Art of Extraordinary Golf, Axys Golf, A Biography of Homer Kelly's Golf Machine, The Practice Manual by Adam Young, Precision Putting, and five books by Bob Rotella. Β Also have watched hours and hours of video. Β Listened to Podcasts by Golf Science Lab, Mindshift, Golf Performance and Fehrety

Amazing season and amazing year. Β Winter now begins as a time to try and nail down the Single Plane.

• Upvote 1

WITB

11 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You were busy.Β  Β I commend your devotion.Β Β 

I was thinking of welcoming him to the asylum with the rest of us,Β but your post is more tactful.Β 

Cheers, ozΒ :beer:

• Like 1

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

47 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I was thinking of welcoming him to the asylum with the rest of us,Β but your post is more tactful.Β 

Cheers, ozΒ :beer:

You're right! Oz, I don't mean to be uncharitable here, but I think you are overwhelming yourself. You seem to be trying to listen to too many people. It's kind of like the lyric line from Otis Redding's song Dock of the Bay. "I can't do what ten people tell me to!" Sounds like you're listening to too many people.

Find one of these whose ideas have worked for you, and listen to them! And you're not stuck with them. If their ideas stop working for you, go look for someone else. Be selective. I realize you're new to this, but you have to eventually develop some level of discrimination. I wish you well with the game, and good luck.

Overwhelming myself is normal. Lol.Β  That much said I appreciate what you have to say and agree fully.Β  I'm planning on following the Moe NormanΒ  swing.

WITB

• 3 months later...
Note:Β This thread is 2279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!