IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3/28 - more wall drill followed by slow turns with club in hand

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3/27:  15 mins. putting (w/checks on setup & consistent grip); 5 mins. broom drills

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

3/28: 10 minutes backswing again. Back to basics. Grip, posture. Address to A4. Check wrists, elbows, club position at the top.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3/28 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on keep the right elbow moving out and down from A4 to A7 to help out my Key 3 work. All slower swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Posting for both today and yesterday as I had no internet at the place we're staying.

27/3/17 - played 27 holes with a friend and had a lots of practice time to work on chipping, wedges and putting of all sorts/breaks.

28/3/17 - played 36 holes and similar story with practice.

Playing a different 18 holer tomorrow - good way to end the month!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

25 min. Sklz, 7iron, driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

tried a new routine alternating sets of three 7 iron full swings with three driver full swings to force myself to adjust

key focus was swing easy and correctly

3/28:  25min. range session, focused on a little shotmaking work; walked 9 holes -- worked on awkward-lie chips around some of the greens between holes, then short iron/wedge approach game on a couple specific approaches (6-7 balls per).

3/29: 10 minutes of backswing and transition. Feeling the hands move to allow the club to fall down behind me.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3/29 - Worked on hitting 50 yards shots with LW. Making sure I keep turning. (yes directly related to yesterday)

Also did 3W drills off a mat. Slow motion swings that went about 80 yds.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

3/29 - chipping & pitching practice in back yard x 30 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

29/3/17 - Last of my three rounds today at Royal North Devon. Seriously challenging in a strong wind, but managed a creditable +12. Back to the range and swing work tomorrow!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

25 min

sklz, 7 iron, driver.

stop at the top, pump, step thru and full swings.

put baby powder down to check where I am striking the ground and dust almost killed me. Smell good though!

Oh, by the way, I wanted you to know that, despite all the speculation,  I will not be playing the Masters this year. Just thought that I should clear that up.

3/29: Getting into tournament mode. 15 minutes in the front yard with my pitching wedge with alignment stick about 10 yards out. Nothing but easy swings, starting to the right of the stick and curving back towards the middle. Focus on 50-75% swings and trying to feel a bit shorter backswing. Forcing myself to go slow enough that the ball starts and curves the correct way every time.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

3/29:  20 min. range session--had regressed in play previous day re: lead/shaft-lean, so focused there; walked 9 holes for post.

Swing work really paying off, as I'm actually developing consistency (of the good variety), and having way fewer 'big' misses...contact much improved along w/launch direction.  Actually able to dial up a fade (and using it plenty) where for ~10+ years it was virtually impossible for me.  Just need to get my putting game in order, as it's looking very pedestrian at the moment, and costing me strokes.

3/30 - Shoulder turn work. I won't be able to do full swings for a week or two due to tendinitis in my left elbow. Doing PT for that.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/30: Driving range work with some video to check full swing. Still unable to do the moves on the downswing at the range, that I seem to be able to do at home. Brain freeze at the range or something. I lose the entire feel. Gotta keep going and solidify at home, I suppose. Still working on the club coming down less steep. Problem areas right now is that the initial transition at the range is different at home. Also unable to get my left leg to straighten after impact at the range. 

My Swing

Note: This thread is 2590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!