IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3/10 - Shoulder and hip turn work in my office. Focused on get the hip turning from A4 so they are more open at impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 min back home! Did my swing routine. Sklz, 7 iron, driver. Stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

discouraging how quickly lose rhythm and strength. Four days and feel technique and timing decay

3/11  Part II - Greenside shots (SV 3): pitching practice. Worked on glide with the 3-4 ball drill

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/11: 15min. Reviewed evolvr lesson. Continue more slow motion in mirror of same but adding two thoughts:

1) don't let club open up as much after A2 (still tend to cup and roll forearm open a bit);

2) keep hips opening more by thinking of straightening left leg as coming into impact. Drive left back pocket around and back. 

Overall positive feedback tho, so it's stay on course and solidify improvements via slow dedicated practice at home and range with video. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3/11-Shoulder turn and hip turn work. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

15 min. Sklz swing trainer, 7 iron and driver. Stop at top, pump and full swings.

curl (coil?) up and down seems to deliver lag on swing thru.

Going to range and play tomorrow! 

Edited by Mico
Typo

3/11: Played 36 today. Shot 93 and 90. First round was descent with a few very bad holes. Second round was much better, but kind of fell apart around the green at the end...flubbed a couple chips and missed a 3-footer on the last two holes. Fun day, though. :-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Got to the range today, worked on my downswing piece. Looks better than it has. Still need some work on it, but pretty good first range effort.

Also got in about 20 minutes of short game work. A couple of sand shots, a couple of pitches and chips, and some lag putting work. All in all, a pretty good amount of work for having about an hour at the range.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

11/3/17 - Made it to the course and went out late to work on partial wedges as I don't really care for doing that on the range. Hit from 120, 75 and 50 with 50 strangely the hardest distance (I'm taking a 1/4 gap wedge and have yet to feel really confident about how it releases on the green). Results from 120 and 75 were good though and I also got to do some long range bunker work with nobody else on the course.

From 120 - hitting a 3/4 gap wedge for 2 balls and a 1/4 7 iron for the other two:

58c4fb03795bb_IMG_00831.thumb.JPG.6289b3f5ef0bc22c26115d8c88b494d3.JPG

Bare lie from the right of the green, coming up a dip - really tough pitch in terms of contact and had to land it at most 2 feet on to get it to stay on the green. Delighted with these results:

58c4fb1a6ba05_IMG_00851.thumb.JPG.e3a998cc2c73d49c9c6228001c134482.JPG

• Upvote 2

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/12 - Playing indoor golf today in a simulator with my wife and son.

Scott

My Swing Thread

12/3/17 - Hit the range and did some remedial work on my takeaway, as I've started to slip recently. Some good stuff, but easy to see it regressing if I don't keep at it (the first swing is a great example). Will try to do some more mirror work tonight to make it stick a bit more.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/12 - wall drills, wall drills, wall drills

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

45 minutes Hit a bucket of balls before I went out to play

like the curl up and down withwhoosh thru hitting zone.

short irons and driver were great. Need to practice 3-wood and hybrid 3 and 4

Worked on some slow swings today. Still working on my takeaway and transition. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!