IGNORED

I lost a bet, help me pay it off

Soss
Note: This thread is 2567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey fellas,

me and a buddy at my club are always doing fun bets with each other. The previous one we did was a 3 round match where the winner got to chose the custom personalization on a 4 case order of pro Vs for the loser and the loser had to play through all 48 balls in our Saturday morning group. 

The most recent one is the one I need help on. 

The bet was a 54 hole match. Loser has to caddy for the winner on masters Saturday (April 8th) in full masters caddy coveralls complete with the name of the winner embroidered on his back. He also has to be in full caddy "character" throughout the round. 

So it's looking like I'm gonna lose the match (down 5 w 18 to go). I have the coveralls on order already. 

Whst im looking for help with is coming up with more "caddy mannerisms " to make the payoff more fun. The more creative the better. 

For instance, I will show up early and get his clubs from the trunk, toss balls to him on the range as he's hitting driver, scoop balls out of the practice green as he is practice putting. 

I have a buddy who will walk with us and hold one of those walking scoreboards with his running score on it. I'm gonna secretly have his wife run out after the 18th green putt out and give him a kiss. 

1/2 Peanut butter sandwich on the 10th hole tee box. 

Im looking for more creative ideas like this. Any help is appreciated!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Soss said:

I'm gonna secretly have his wife run out after the 18th green putt out and give him a kiss. 

That'll be real funny especially if he struggles that day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While he gets ready to take his stance (but way before he gets ready to hit), grab the bag and put it down right next to him, and start discussing a wind change, real or not does not matter, and hand him another club.  Waste 30 seconds or so discussing the situation, and let him go with his previous club.  Rinse and repeat for effect! :whistle:

Start shushing the (imaginary) gallery, yelling "put that camera away, please".

Kudos for the bet and for being a real good sport about it. This should be tons of fun!

Edited by sjduffers
  • Upvote 3

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator

I liked @sjduffers's post quite a bit.

Other ideas…

• Have a yardage book on hand. Maybe it's for the wrong course, doesn't matter. Just have something you can obsess over.
  • Practice pacing things off. Do so on every hole.
  • Toss grass even if the wind is obvious.
  • Be ready to hand him his putter every time he finds the green. Take his club from him as you return with his divot.
  • Read his putts from the opposite side as he is every time.
  • Learn to say things like "you got it, chief" or "slow and solid, boss" and other phrases that encourage the boss to know he pulled the right club.
  • Constantly cycle out fresh balls, water, towels, etc.
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If your looking for some goofy things to do -
1. Get a stick on (big fluffy grey mustache) like Fluff's.
2. Wear a big beach towel over your shoulder.
3. Chew on an unlighted stodgy all day.
4. Use a few comments while playing -
If he asks for a sand wedge, pull a ham on rye out of the bag.
Tell him if he remembers the last time he broke ninety. We had a few beers in the clubhouse and forgot to play the back nine"
"Tell him he's
 hitting the woods just great, but just having a terrible time getting out of them"
And when you finish the eighteenth hole say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Some things that definitely would be good:

• Towel over the shoulder, half wet and half dry. After you set the bag down by the green, go mark his ball and pick it up to clean it with the towel before tossing it to your player.
  • On a choice par 3, challenge any other golfers carrying their clubs to a race from the teebox to the green
  • I really like the idea of getting a stick on "Fluff" mustache
  • Cut out a pair of "Quiet Please" paddles from a cardboard box (paint them white with green lettering) and hold them up on every tee shot

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Pretzel said:
  • Towel over the shoulder, half wet and half dry. After you set the bag down by the green, go mark his ball and pick it up to clean it with the towel before tossing it to your player.

Don't do that. Players mark the ball and toss it to the caddie. Caddies are rarely authorized to lift, and the proposed 2019 rule is not in place right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks @iacas for the shout-out.

@Soss, don't forget an embarrassingly long bro hug after he putts out on 18. He's just won a major after all!  :-P  You can use this time if you orient yourself properly as a way to hide the fact that his wife is getting in position to run to the green and to give her the clue to come in.  And... don't forget to hug the wife too! ;-)

It's been mentioned already, but as you stalks putts from the opposite of him, or right behind him, carry the flag with you. Don't let the flag on the ground (unless you are busy raking a bunker with a fine comb or something...).  Grab it by the business end (where the fabric is) and have the bottom part in the air.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

thanks all for the suggestions. 

Finished the last 18 today. I got him to within 2 with 6 to go but ran out of steam. 

I will post pics. 

Kudos to you and your buddy, @Soss, for the creativeness. :beer:

9 hours ago, sjduffers said:

...and hand him another club.  Waste 30 seconds or so discussing the situation, and let him go with his previous club.

...and then just say, "I like that." as you step away with the bag.

4 hours ago, Soss said:

I will post pics. 

You know, this would make an epic course vlog... ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Note: This thread is 2567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!