IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

April 9 - shoulder turn work and some light swings in the backyard. Elbows feeling better. Also did some putting 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/9/17:

Played 18 holes today. Shot 41-39=80. I was +5 thru 4 starting bogey, bogey, double bogey, bogey. Ran of 5 straight pars, bogeyed 10, pars at 11 and 12, bogey at 13, par at 14, chip-in birdie at 15, bogeyed 16 par at 17 bogey at 18. Considering I only hit 3 GIR, the course has so much standing water, I was getting mud balls all over the place.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

9th April:- Full swing practice, outdoor, no ball. Still working on making SLOOOOOW practice swings, checking the positions at A2 and A4. Concious of keeping the lower body 'quiet', especially from address to A2

Chris.:roll:

4/9: Played two rounds with a buddy today. Shot a 91 then fell apart and shot a 98 (:-O), but won $3.25 on quarter skins for the day. ;-)

I got on a roll in the first round and was just 6 over through 12, but started finding triples and doubles after that and was up and down (in a bad way) the rest of the day. On the (very) bright side, I was hitting my irons well most of the day, just wasn't consistent with driving and shortgame. Also made 3 birdie putts on the day. :dance:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/9:  15 mins. conditioning work w/OW & Momentus, focus on plane, lead, and proper release.
Walked 18 holes.  Really struck the ball well, today.  Seems like with the focused practice, gone are the days when I wonder which swing will show up.  I started really making a good turn on the back 9, and it showed in my driving distance.  Had some that really stayed up a long time and went longer than I'm used to.  Feel around the greens was poor early on, but I got it together.  Finished par, par par, despite fatigue (lots of yard work before round).  One of those days I wish I could just keep playing.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

4/10/17:

Trying to get used to the distances I'm hitting these irons, I'm hitting them farther, so I re-mapped my shot zones today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 10 - Mirror work at the gym with a club finally. Got to go ahead to start swinging again. I may do some chipping and pitching later if time allows.

Scott

My Swing Thread

10/4/17 - Played 18 and stuck around to do some wedge trajectory work afterwards. It was seriously windy and I wanted to spend a little time working on that low grabbing wedge shot that you always see at Augusta. I was hitting it very differently though (basically smashing down on a gap wedge and really delofting it) so there's still a lot of work to be done. Will be reading up on it.

In terms of the round, I was pretty average with everything - it's quite nice that average is now equating to +10 or so, whereas it would have normally been +15/16. 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1487554

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/10: Had a pretty busy evening but managed to slip in 5 minutes of wall drill and a few minutes reviewing video from the other day.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

10th April :- 15 mins, outside, full swing, no ball. Still very concious of the need to slow the swing down while practicing. While it looks and feels a lot better, the moves are nowhere fully ingrained yet. The first movement from address up to A2 continues to be the bedrock everything else is built on.

4/10:  30 mins. putting work--focus on feel, and putting to distances; trying to remove this over-mechanical pit I've been prone to falling into, as it's been destroying my feel and distance control.  Though I got it rolling in the 2nd half of my Sunday round, I'm still having a hard time knowing what that good stroke is, so I can work on grooving it.  Depending on my on-course work tomorrow, I may end up posting a My Swing thread just for my putting stroke.

4/11/17:

Worked on slow swings this morning. Concentrated on having a flat left wrist at the top of the backswing. I also worked on shifting my weight without losing my balance.

I also practiced not writing run-on sentences. :-D

What's in Shane's Bag?     

April 11 - Went to practice green to work on putting, but it was aerate and bumpy. I spent about 30 minutes on chips and pitches. Then I spent 15 on partial swings to test the elbow. Everything seem to weather the work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

April 11th:- 10 mins full swing practice at lunchtime, followed by a further 15mins after work. Further work on making 2-3 slow practice back swings, noting the positions at A2 and A4, then 'rewarding' a good back swing by completing the downswing. Liking how this takes the focus off hitting the ball.

4/11: Review some swing video and did some editing on my latest course vlog, and snuck in a few minutes of putting before dinner.

Jake

4/11:  20 min. range session, focus on dropping into slot properly, and width back and through--worked primarily on mid/long-irons
20 min. putting session, focus on looking at target on practice swings to get feel, then lining up and making the stroke without getting paralyzed over it (good session)
Walked 9 holes; putting showed good improvement--not perfect---but generally good speed and left lags around the hole.
**Broke my birdie drought on hole 7 (par 4); hit a perfect 3 wood to 131, then hit 9i (highly elevated green) to 10' and used my routine from practice...dropped it dead center.  Felt great on a round where my swing wasn't always on track.  Terrible night's sleep last night probably contributed to that.  Ready to crash hard now.

Note: This thread is 2554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!