IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note:Β This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

19/4/17 - Spent 10 minutes on the putting mat using a very narrow gate to try to focus on start line (about a ball and a quarter). Was definitely getting more through the gate by the end of the 10 minutes than at the start, so I'll keep trying it!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

April 19 - shoulder turn work today. Letting my elbow rest today. It felt good yesterday but after PT and chipping, it was a bit sore today.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

April 19th:- 10 mins full swing practice at lunchtime, followed by a further 10 mins after work. Concentrating on more dorsi flex in the right wrist at A2, then slow swings to the top, pause, andΒ swing through.

Chris.:roll:

50 min

sklz, 7 Iron and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings. 3/3 alt 7i and driver, plus bonus set alt pump and full swing with 7iron and same set with driver

chipping: 4/11 start and beat on first round. Need first set to improve and still lacking drill

4/19: Just a bit of wall drill and putting tonight after basketball with the kids.Β :content:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My SwingΒ | Course VlogsΒ | Favorite PostΒ |Β Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/19: Β 20 min. range session; focus on keys from last night (slower swing to drop properly into slot, a little more cover [which gave me better contact for sure])
10 min. putting session; focus on 5', 10', 20' ranges
Walked 9; just played and didn't think too much--recent short game work most definitely showed

Wade Β  Β  Β  Β  -- Β  Β  Β  Β  "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver: Β Ping G400 LST 8.5Β°
FWs/Hybs: Β Callaway BB SteelheadΒ III 3w; TM R15 17Β° &Β 21Β°
Irons: Β Mizuno JPX825
Wedges: Β Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54Β° & 60Β°
Putter: Β Odyssey 2-ball

4/20/17:

Wedges and putting this morning. Mostly focusing on tempo. And feel... But my higher lofts are not interacting with the ground correctly though.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 20th:- Further full swing work for 20 mins. The positionΒ for theΒ correct right wrist bend at A2 is starting to feel more natural.

April 20 - Short game practice for 45 minutes. Played one ball around the green after warming up.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

20 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

3/3 alt 7i and driver

did work out w/ slow speed swings to focus on getting form right. Still manage to mess up and sometimes get distracted too

golf this weekend is in danger of being replaced with social activities, hmmmm

4/20: Β 5 minutes posture and plane drills using Momentus; some pauses at all check points early, then swings through to finish

Wade Β  Β  Β  Β  -- Β  Β  Β  Β  "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver: Β Ping G400 LST 8.5Β°
FWs/Hybs: Β Callaway BB SteelheadΒ III 3w; TM R15 17Β° &Β 21Β°
Irons: Β Mizuno JPX825
Wedges: Β Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54Β° & 60Β°
Putter: Β Odyssey 2-ball

20/4/17 - a short range session working on speeding up my priority piece. 8i swings were excellent but less so with 6i and above.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag:Β Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/21/17:

Hit some wedges this morning focusing on facing the target with my chest and body on the finish.

Edited by onthehunt526
Wrong date

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 21 - Mirror work with the Impact Snap Training Aid. Saw this in another post and I thought I'd give a try and write a review. It is along the lines of what I am working on with my Evolvr instructor anyway and it doesn't put stress on my elbow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

4/21: Got to the range and spent about an hour working a small bucket. No video, but just tried to stay aware of all the elements I've been working on at home. After spraining my knee, and then driving 2500miles up and down the east coast, it was good to get outside and just swing the club smoothly. I tried to just go at the ball about 75% with decent form. Will shoot for video submission next week, and update swing thread.

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

April 21st:- 15 mins further full swing work. Concentrating on moving the arms and shoulders together, and only moving these (keeping the legs as still as possible), until A2.

45 min. Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings--enormous troubles getting through full swing set with driver usingΒ proper form

3/3 alt 7i and driver

increased distance on chipping exercise--mistake! Went 0/11 on first round and trouble cleaning up all 11 to close out

rearranged my sked so I get to go practice AND play tomorrow!!! Woohoo!

Edited by Mico
Forgot

Note:Β This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!