IGNORED

Time for a phone upgrade...

TN94z
Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I have been carrying around the Iphone 5s simply because I like the size even with the lifeproof on it. But the speaker quit working and I have been talking to people via the speakerphone or text. Well, now the speakerphone has quit working. I have replaced parts on it before, but I just think it's time. That and there is a deal now where you can upgrade to a 7 and get an ipad for 99.00 and my wife would like an ipad for school.

I really plan on staying with the iphone but my question is....should I go with the 7 or the larger 7 plus? I've read some good things about the plus over the 7 including the camera, 1080p, and battery life. Is the 7plus really that much better than the 7 in regards to justifying its larger footprint? I'm not happy about having such a large phone, but if the benefits outweigh the size, then I can deal with it.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would try both sizes at a store if there's one near you. I don't have huge hands, can only stretch out to an octave + 2 on a piano, and find the plus too big and don't really need the better camera and battery life extras.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I would try both sizes at a store if there's one near you. I don't have huge hands, can only stretch out to an octave + 2 on a piano, and find the plus too big and don't really need the better camera and battery life extras.

I was in there today and picked one up to look at while my buddy was buying his son one. It's pretty big. The 7 is more along the lines of my current phone with an Otterbox on it, so I could handle that. I just wonder if it's something that I would get used to?? I guess that's more of a personal opinion. The battery life would be a major concern for me as I use it a lot while at work. The camera....it would be nice to have the portrait option for taking nice pictures of my daughter....just thinking out loud as ideas come to me... I actually have an Iphone 6 that I use everyday for work and it's not that bad, as far as size.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A

As always, ymmv, but every single person that I know, that opted for the "plus" regretted it. 

In the interest of full disclosure though, I continue to chug along happily with my 5s, and will continue to do so until one of us dies... :-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

17 hours ago, David in FL said:

As always, ymmv, but every single person that I know, that opted for the "plus" regretted it. 

In the interest of full disclosure though, I continue to chug along happily with my 5s, and will continue to do so until one of us dies... :-) 

Did they regret it because of size or functionality?

I have been doing that as well, but it's on its last leg... I would probably continue using it until it completely let go, but my wife wants the ipad. I'm also trying to decided if that deal is worth it as well. It's 9.75", 99.00 plus 10.00 a month service.

Bryan A

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

Did they regret it because of size or functionality?

I have been doing that as well, but it's on its last leg... I would probably continue using it until it completely let go, but my wife wants the ipad. I'm also trying to decided if that deal is worth it as well. It's 9.75", 99.00 plus 10.00 a month service.

100% size

In David's bag....

Just now, David in FL said:

100% size

Got it. Thanks for the reply. I will most likely go with the 7 as it is the same size as the 6 which I am okay with.

Bryan A

19 hours ago, David in FL said:

My wife is the exception. She likes the plus. But she is a lawyer and has to read lots of e-mail. It would make me crazy. I've got the 6s, but miss the size of the 5s.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My wife is the exception. She likes the plus. But she is a lawyer and has to read lots of e-mail. It would make me crazy. I've got the 6s, but miss the size of the 5s.

I can see that.  I bet she keeps it in a purse too instead of trying to cram it into a pocket like most guys do...

In David's bag....

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

I can see that.  I bet she keeps it in a purse too instead of trying to cram it into a pocket like most guys do...

This +1.

Most guys I know put it in their pocket and hate even iPhone 6/7 for its size.  Women on the other hand usually carry theirs in their purse so they have no problem with 6S/7S.  In fact, most women I know prefer 6S/7S because it has bigger screen.

I prefer 5S or the SE as they fit much better in my pocket.

I just hope they bring a similar size as SE on the next iteration so I won't be stuck with 6/7 size.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

Yup.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, Yukari said:

This +1.

Most guys I know put it in their pocket and hate even iPhone 6/7 for its size.  Women on the other hand usually carry theirs in their purse so they have no problem with 6S/7S.  In fact, most women I know prefer 6S/7S because it has bigger screen.

I prefer 5S or the SE as they fit much better in my pocket.

I just hope they bring a similar size as SE on the next iteration so I won't be stuck with 6/7 size.  

The 6 I have for work fits pretty easy in my pocket with a life proof on it. So I assume the 7 would be the same.

The SE was still available a few months ago because my coworker got one. 

Bryan A

I have an iPhone 6. I was worried when I upgraded from the 5 that it would be too big, but it hasn't been an issue. I'm convinced the form factor of the 6/7 is pretty much ideal. (That said, I was pretty sure the 5 was ideal, so maybe if I used a 6+ I'd change my mind.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!